Rumor: PS4 Will Launch on November 21st

Mr.Mattress

Level 2 Lumberjack
Jul 17, 2009
ZZoMBiE13 said:
Isn't November just the defacto console release month?
Pretty much. The WiiU Launched in November last year, and the XBone is definitely releasing this November. I do expect that the PS4 will launch a little after the XBone (So the XBone should be released a week or two ahead).

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
Kiya said:
The 'Need Internet: No' followed by 'Can you play PS3 games: Yes PS3 Games Streamed online' might be a little confusing for Sun readers.
Good eye. "Yes PS3 games streamed online, but not PS3 discs." is what it says. Confusing yes. At the E3 they did say that system would be start some time in 2014 in the US. Not sure if the UK will be gain access around that time. When they mentioned the Sun I recall that paper you see at the supermarket checkout lines. You know the one that has a Kardishin on the cover every other week or a blurry picture of some celebrity dating a goat or something. None the less it's hard to deny if it's a full on advertisement. I'm not sure even Amazon has posted a date of sale on the pre-orders most of them just says Dec 31, 2013. A Thanksgiving release is probably idea as people get the majority of their Christmas shopping via Black Friday. (I prefer to do mine early) I'm sure that most places will push for pre-orders, no one wants a stampede for the systems during that time. Lines will be long enough as it is. The online orders are already filling up.

OZAuCkn7J28sHLCv

Mar 27, 2012
Two things to note/reinforce here:

1 - Don't listen to The Sun. Ever.
2 - This is probably based on the fact the release date of a game like Watch dogs is released on the 21st Nov in europe.

So, don't mean to rub it in escapistmag, but I think you'll find the rumoured release date you want is November 19th for the US. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watch_Dogs *smugface*

Deathlyphil

Mar 6, 2008
Jhooud said:
Pickapok said:
So it's (allegedly) releasing the day before Black Friday? God help us all.
Let us have a moment of preemptive silence for those poor souls working retail.
This is the British release date. We don't have Thanksgiving, and Black Friday Sales are only beginning to spread over here. I wouldn't be surprised if it launches here on the 22nd, since British release dates are always Fridays. I suspect that the PS4 will launch on the Tuesday in America, since that is your default release day.

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
Legion said:
SonOfVoorhees said:
How is it a rumor if its an advert in a newspaper? For those that dont know, the Sun is a daily newspaper in the UK. November sounds like a normal time to release a console. End of November - mid December. Not really a surprise.
It was a comparison article, not an advertisement. Below that picture it also had an identical styled thing for the XBone as well, which just replaced the picture, price and the answers to the questions (plus the background was green instead of blue).

I doubt they are wrong though. To be honest, I thought I'd already seen it confirmed elsewhere for a November release already.
Regardless, both SOny and MS said their consoles are release at Christmas, so this news is not rumor at all. Its obvious.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
Mr.Mattress said:
ZZoMBiE13 said:
Isn't November just the defacto console release month?
Pretty much. The WiiU Launched in November last year, and the XBone is definitely releasing this November. I do expect that the PS4 will launch a little after the XBone (So the XBone should be released a week or two ahead).
Yeah. And not just the coming gen either. Didn't all 3 of the 7th gen consoles launch in November too? I'm sure 360 and PS3 did (05 and 06 respectively) and I think I picked up my daughter's Wii at least 6 weeks before Christmas.

And I know that the original Xbox launched in November. Though I couldn't tell you when the PS2 or the Gamecube hit store shelves. I didn't buy them until much much later than launch.

Maxtro

Feb 13, 2011
Thanksgiving is on the 28th and Black Friday is the day after. November 21 is the week before.

Of course I doubt that Thanksgiving is celebrated in the UK.

Jamous

Apr 14, 2009
Around about where I'm expecting it, regardless of whether this is an official announcement or not.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I actually saw another site claiming a November 21st release date was rumored just a few days ago. So, I think this maybe legit.

Well, I would say that the release date maybe a shot at taking the wind out of Microsoft's sails, I don't think they are being as reactionary as some people think. I'm pretty sure there was never DRM or online requirements in the PS4, though they may have considered them. Which would explain why Microsoft is using them. I think this was just good planning on their part, though.

Also, it suddenly struck me how odd it is that two of the biggest console makers are an electronics company and a software company. Considering that Nintendo and Sega were once the top dogs. Nintendo still exists, but is seeming more niche these days.