Rumor: PSN Hackers Already Have Third Attack Ready to Go

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
Tom Goldman said:
However, if the PSN actually comes back by the end of the week as planned [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/109692-PSN-Phasing-Back-Into-Existence-With-Enhanced-Security], and then goes down again, I guess we'll know what happened.

Source: CNET [http://news.cnet.com/8301-31021_3-20060227-260.html]
I thought the plan was for it to go back up at the beginning of this week.
I guess it all comes down to how likely they are to catch the ones responsible. If the authorities are hitting nothing but ice on their search, I can see the hackers trying something else.

Yal

We are a rattlesnake
Dec 22, 2010
I really doubt this rumor, but I kinda want it to be true just because bragging to the press is a tremendously dumb thing for thing for the real hackers to do. I can go a few more days without PSN if the hubris get them caught.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
That Guy Who Phails said:
Raiyan 1.0 said:
But tell me, who has been defending the hackers?
6 Year old's on XboxLive?
Nah, they're too busy gloating. They can now justify to themselves and their moms their annual XBL subscription fee.

Emz

Jun 13, 2010
This is becoming ridiculous. All it will do is effect jobs and consumers. They need to grow up.

castlewise

Lord Fancypants
Jul 18, 2010
I kind of doubt it. The previous hacks weren't some sort of hactivism. They were thefts, heists, if you will. People trying to steal stuff don't announce it in IRC channels days ahead of time.

Tigurus

Apr 14, 2009
It better be a rumor. Else I will spec ops their homes and tackle them bastards.
Damn, give Sony some rest. As if they are the only company on earth who are "bad".

Jeeves...

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
That should be simple then. When the bastards try to hack them for this 'major attack' be ready to trace them. Or whatever sort of tracking things they do.

ShadowKatt

Mar 19, 2009
Uh, so the first time the PSN went down was because of anonymous, who admitted to it, apologised for the damage they did, and ceased their attacks. The second time it happened was actually done by malicious hackers and completely blindsided them. The second time was done by the same group of malicious hackers and STILL blindsided them. And now they think they have evidence that the group of hackers that managed to completely slip past them not once but twice might be planning another attack?

Color me not convinced. Sony is obviously not very good at this whols "Security" thing, so I find it difficult to believe they'd have ANY intel short of blind, stupid luck. I'd wager this is more of the internet equivilent of a bomb scare than anything else.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
castlewise said:
I kind of doubt it. The previous hacks weren't some sort of hactivism. They were thefts, heists, if you will. People trying to steal stuff don't announce it in IRC channels days ahead of time.
If they were just thefts, then they already have all the information they could possibly want; hacking Sony for a third time, especially when the risk is so much greater this time, would just make no sense.

If they do actually attack for a third time though, I think we can assume that it's personal. If it's personal, there's a good chance that they'll want to gloat about how much better they are than Sony, in which case announcing it in IRC channels makes perfect sense.

KaosuHamoni

Apr 7, 2010
Oh ffs will you hackers just FUCK OFF. -.-

I'm so sick of this shit. Stop attacking Sony, your doing no good. Just harm.

[sub][sub]I want my PSN back... TT_TT[/sub][/sub]

Outcast107

Mar 20, 2009
Andronicus said:
castlewise said:
If they were just thefts, then they already have all the information they could possibly want; hacking Sony for a third time, especially when the risk is so much greater this time, would just make no sense.

If they do actually attack for a third time though, I think we can assume that it's personal. If it's personal, there's a good chance that they'll want to gloat about how much better they are than Sony, in which case announcing it in IRC channels makes perfect sense.
I have to agree with this. I think now its all about the "glory" of not getting caught and seeing how many times they can fuck with a company before they do.

Lt. Vinciti

Nov 5, 2009
I will find you...

I will chop off your hands....

So help me Gods....If I do not get Honest Hearts on 5/17

I will find you

I will chop off your hands....

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
didnt someone say it would be up on may 3rd no, oh i must be hearing things anyway well done hackers you have officialy maxed out yahtzees level of douchbag (in his alpha protocol review)

Calico93

Jul 31, 2010
So yeah. Turns out hackers arent exactly great are they ?
Even the "good" ones are encouraging hacking and telling people that it can be done, not directly ofc.

I really hope this isnt true.

Ewyx

Dec 3, 2008
Ah, the possible chaos. It feels quite nice for some inexplicable reason.

K4RN4GE911

Apr 27, 2010
*maturity switch off*

Fuck these hackers!! Fuck them, in the ass, no lubricant, no reacharound!! The fucked up losers!!

*maturity switch on*

Sorry about that. I just wanna play Portal 2 this weekend and these hackers are not helping. I'm really hoping that this is a rumor, because I can't take much more of this nonsensical and totally insane bullshit.