Rumor: Security Locks Down Infinity Ward, Ousts Studio Head *UPDATE*

Jzolr0708

Apr 6, 2009
Well, I suppose that means Blizzard should probably go ahead and lock it's doors before Bobby Kotick runs in fires Rob Pardo.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
Obviously the men in black at Dedicated Servers Inc. are delivering justice to the gaming community. I applaud this action.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
KissofKetchup said:
Methinks that I'll stick with Valve, Ubisoft, and Rockstar for my gaming needs
Jesus, don't put Ubi up there with Valve and Rockstar. Ubi are scum of the earth, they care even less about gamers than Infinity Ward do, just ask any fan of the Rainbow 6 series.

PyroZombie

Apr 24, 2009
I'm playing devil's advocate in this, simply due to the fact that I loath,despise, and hate Infinity Ward for turning a game that I used to play religiously into a puke pile that I play to kill time.

If anythings anything, Modern Warfare 2 could have been easily be done by modders and hackers, and would have been a hell of a lot more interesting. In fact, they perverted this whole genre from war game to action-movie game. You go from a practically nameless private, to 7 different characters, all dying in some horrible happening or another.

And here's my take on the whole WWII-Overplayed scenario. We were fighting legitimate evil in that, actual forces that sought to take the minds of the people. Who the hell are we fighting in this? Sure, the first one had an okay villain,sort of realistic,
but now we're fighting a arms dealer and a general who's disgruntled because he's not capturing the troop power he had? What the hell? I mean Hitler was straight fucked-up in the head, but the general has no reason to kill whatever main character you play as in that "scene".(If I remember correctly, he was one of Soap's men, because I remember railing on the names of his allies.)How would the victory over a practically unknown Russian man boost enlistment? If you promised respawns in the army, you will get more psychopaths that you could ever need to fill a front-line with! Sociopaths, nihilists, and maniacs all set to kill as many poor foreigners a American general could want, but no one will care if you kill a random Russian man, and that's if you kill this random arms dealer. I must say I have no clue for his existence other than to fill a plot hole.

I'm getting tired so to summarize my point, They're getting what's coming to them.

William Dickbringer

Feb 16, 2010
EcksTeaSea said:
Anybody else think it went down like this? Activision demanded that Infinity Ward start working on Modern Warfare 3, but West and Zampella both wanted to work on another game. Activision sends down moron to tell them due to them disagreeing they no longer have jobs and have now probably destroyed an awesome company due to their idiocy?
wouldn't surprise me and it does sound like something a big corperation would do

KaiRai

Jun 2, 2008
Jesus Christ on a bike.

I guess this is why most bands hate "The corporation" - They probably worked for it at some point.

Still, Activision being dicks? Now there's something you don't see everyday.....

Jezzascmezza

Aug 18, 2009
Meanwhile, Brutal Legend creator Tim Schafer (who, as you may recall, had his own showdown of sorts with Activision) chimed in via Twitter: "Getting mad at Activision for this kind of thing is like getting mad at an ape for throwing feces. It's just how the beast communicates."

Great quote here...

stewox

Dec 25, 2009
Infinity Ward, though owned by Activision, is only on contract regarding its "principals" through October - it's technically an autonomous entity in the same way that, say, Blizzard is. Theoretically, IW is free to hire back West and Zampella (if he was axed as well) once this dies down.
this is not entirely true, only the core people of IW have a contract called "memorandum of understanding" - that's the contract that was always being referred to , this is the contract that Activision agreed to when they bought IW, this was how IW got royalties , a normal wholly owned studio doesn't get royalties

The studio heads worked under a contract, Activision wanted to get rid of those people so they don't need to pay ... they don't need to pay ANYTHING in bonus ... tens of millions in bonus ... about 150million for CODMW2.

This is not a standard of any kind , these aren't bonuses a company gives to employees for "good behavior" and working ethics as well as other factors, this is something else, it's royalties and this differs, because it's actual percent of sales developer PERSONALLY gets into his hands (studio heads decide how much money they going to share with other seniors in various departments)