Rumor: Sony E3 Plans Leaks, Includes God of War 4, The Last of Us 2 & Tons More

Alex Co

Dec 11, 2013
Rumor: Sony E3 Plans Leaks, Includes God of War 4, The Last of Us 2 & Tons More

According to sources, Sony's E3 plans include a God of War 4, a new Syphon Filter, The Last Guardian , tons more and will allegedly be capped off by a teaser trailer for The Last of Us 2.

With the video game industry's biggest show, E3 (Electronic Entertainment Expo), just a month away, don't be surprised if more than a few things leak -- as is what seems to be the norm the past few years. Case in point: according to DualShockers, a source that wishes to remain anonymous has contacted the site to share what the leaker alleges to be Sony's plan for its E3 press conference. The source states that the info comes from contacts within Sony's worldwide studios, and another contact at BHH New York marketing firm that is said to be working with Sony for part of its promotion. In the rumors listed below, Sony will allegedly showcase a three-minute Uncharted in-game footage demo, show off a trailer for God of War 4, The Last Guardian "retooled" for PS4, Guerilla Games will unveil a new RPG and tons more. Now, before you read on, keep in mind that the info listed should be taken with a huge bag of salt, since some of them do sound too good to be true.

DualShockers states that they were able to confirm some of the rumors listed with a "second source," and this bit is written in bold below.

- Uncharted PS4 3 Minute Trailer showcasing "In-engine" footage interspersed with gameplay segments. Visuals are supposedly unprecedented and set a benchmark for console graphics. Summer 2015 release date. It looks absolutely stellar. Features tropical setting and differing time periods with Nate/Francis.

- Media Molecule's new title will be a landmark title for Morpheus. 3D world building, beautiful, quirky visuals.Extremely creative and fun. Possibly related to the "Entwined" trademark filed last week by SCE (not sure). Late 2015.

- Gran Turismo 6 is coming to PS4 as 1080p 60FPS repackaged title in the vein of Gran Turismo 7: Prologue. Stunning visuals, extra features (social connectivity, new tracks, dlc etc). Coming mid-late 2015.

- God of War 4 teaser will be present - will be CG with snippets of in-engine footage. A little early for reveal, but is designed to offset negativity surrounding canceled new IP and generate excitement - also to partially offset CG announce of Gears of War at Microsoft presser. Late 2015. Date wont be announced.

- Kill Strain trademark is related to Syphon Filter reboot for PS4. Sony Bend working on revamping the franchise. Stealth, beautiful visuals and a possible Winter 2014 title. Bend finally getting to join the big boys.
Wipeout is also making the transition to PS4. Source is unsure of who is developing it, but hints that it could be Sony London, Evolution, or Firesprite.

- Quantic Dream has a trailer prepared - unsure whether it is penciled in for Gamescom or E3. Sony will be watching Microsoft's presser earlier in the day to gauge whether additional titles will need to be slotted in to dampen hype. Expect Dark Sorcerer- like visuals in real time. Off-topic, but still relevant - they are close to deal to become a Worldwide Studios developer, along with Ready At Dawn.

- Speaking of Ready At Dawn, The Order:1886 will get a stage demo. Big title for Fall 2014. Sony is expecting great things from said title - franchise hopes rest on its performance.

- Ninja Theory working on a PS4 exclusive - possible Heavenly Sword sequel which was shelved a number of years ago. Quite far into development.

- Sony London will be at E3. First AAA title in many years. 3rd person title. Gorgeous. They're back with a bang,

- Guerrilla Games bringing their RPG to E3. Provocative setting - very interesting. Insane visuals as usual. A good reaction to the title is expected. Will please the hardcore.

- Sucker Punch busy at work on an inFAMOUS: Second Son DLC. Really cool. New powers. Possible new setting. E3 debut.

- Sony Japan Studios debuting two, maybe even three titles. Project Beast - spiritual successor to Demon Souls. The other is The Last Guardian. Retooled for PS4, possible Winter 2014 title. The Other title is shrouded in secrecy.

- Evolution will give Driveclub some time in the limelight. It's shaping up to be incredible with jaw-dropping visuals. Demo release will be timed with the press conference.

Also, the source states that the following publishers will be on stage during Sony's press conference: Ubisoft, EA, Konami, Capcom, Warner Bros., Activision, Square Enix, and possibly Take-Two (to announce a PS4 version of Grand Theft Auto V or Sony will announce it on its behalf). If that wasn't enough, allegedly, the conference will also be the place where "big titles" for PlayStation Plus' Instant Game Collection will be announced, a segment on Project Morpheus, a re-introduction of Sony's streaming service, PlayStation Now, and price drops for PS3 and PS Vita. Smaller, digital games will supposedly also be on hand, but not much. Finally, the whole shebang will purportedly be capped off with a teaser sequel for The Last of Us 2.

While I'd love nothing more than to see all these come true, there are more than a few things listed that make me suspect the list. First off, unless Sony plans to hold a press conference for three hours or more, I highly doubt they can announce everything on the list, along with the usual trumpeting of sales figures and such. Some of the "rumors," like Sucker Punch's announcement of inFamous: Second Son's DLC seem like a safe and logical move, but to be frank, some of the other stuff seem like a Sony fanboy's wet dream and nothing more. It's like a Sony fan was asked what they thought would be the best case scenario for the PS4 and here's what they came up with. So, as mentioned previously, take all these with a huge bag of salt.

Do you think the list is accurate? What would you like to see Sony announce at E3 come this June?

Source: DualShockers [http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/05/07/sony-e3-conference-details-leaked-uncharted-guerrilla-games-media-molecule-and-much-more/]

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Yeah, this basically reads like a fan's wish list for E3 - which doesn't surprise me coming from Dualshockers honestly.

That's not to say I wouldn't love for all of these to happen mind, I just highly doubt that it will.

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Wait this rumours 'source' is himself only getting it second hand from two other 'sources', one of which doesn't even work for Sony?

Everything on the list seems too contrived, taking too many things that have already occurred. A Heavenly Sword sequel? I bet Sony will be dying to make one of those right?

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
I already wasn't keen on the idea of a Last of Us sequel from the get-go, but with Naughty Dog bleeding out the way it is, what little hope I have has dried up completely.

The only thing on this list that getting me somewhat excited is the Syphon Filter reboot.

And yeah, I know there's also The Last Guardian, but after having spent so long in the fridge, is anyone really hungry for this title anymore? Not to mention that the creative force behind it left/got kicked off the project.

CpT_x_Killsteal

Elite Member
Jun 21, 2012
This probably is about as legitimate as this:

[link]http://thecutanddry.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/leaked-microsoft-e3-2014.html?m=1[/link]

Gonna laugh if it turns out the same guy who made this clickbait is that same "source" from Sony.

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
I'm really doubting I'll see anything mind blowing personally, if anything this latest gen has turned me into one hell of a cynic. It's really hard to get super excited for specific franchises with Sony, they don't exactly binge on the nostalgia kool aid like Nintendo does. The only title that probably comes close the biggest sequeliser is probably Ratchet and Clank, probably God of War but I was never interested in that franchise to begin with.
A Last of Us sequel wouldn't be bad so long as the only thing coming back is the fungal zombies, Ellie and Joel have had their time, let them go.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
"The Last Guardian" is becoming the new DNF.

I really hope it doesn't end up like it.

mechalynx

Führer of the Sausage People
Mar 23, 2008
Quantic Dream? Panties dropped.

Also, I'll chime in on

seditary said:
List has The Last Guardian on it, therefore I don't believe it.
Tanis said:
"The Last Guardian" is becoming the new DNF.

I really hope it doesn't end up like it.
I hope it gets released; I still have it pre-ordered (but not pre-paid). But at this point I'm not holding my breath all that much.

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Zira said:
TLOU2 and GOW4? Am I the only one who's terribly underwhelmed?
No I am to, I'm not a huge fan of the last of us but it stood well on it's own and doesn't need a sequel. God of War needs to take a break till they come up with a way to refresh it, the games haven't got bad but they've not added anything substantial for years now.

Resistance 4, Medievil 3 and Ape Escape 4 might persuade me Sony. Might. And even then I'm not paying for PS+

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Well thats the second time ive heard of Project Beast. Guess we will be getting a new Souls game sooner than we thought.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
so basically the only interesting thing on there is possibly Project Beast. Everything seems pretty lackluster. Then again, I shouldn't expect anything decent at E3 anymore if it's not Nintendo. The MS and Sony pressers have SUCKED for the last few years.

hermes

Mar 2, 2009
List looks likely. Not necessarily legit, but likely.

I really wish the GOW 4 is not true. I liked those games a lot (except for Ascension), and I am sure Sony does not have many IPs that scratch that particular itch, but the series has gone downhill for a long time, and I really wish they take their time for the next game...

I think they will unveil something about Last Guardian. They are going to put it on PS4, and they are going to speed up the game through production. It will have less of the original game (whatever that was), but I don't think Sony can keep a high profile vaporware around; specially in a show that is all about out-hyping the competition.

LazyAza

May 28, 2008
This reads like it was written by the worlds biggest sony fanboy. While I expect some of these games to eventually happen, these specific things at this years e3? haha no.

The biggest tip off by far was the notion of a heavenly sword 2 when A: the first game was a complete and utter disaster sales wise and could never get a sequel after that and B: I know for a fact ninja theory are working on something else entirely and while I don't know its title I've seen enough to get a vague idea, its art direction reminded me of the alice games.

dragongit

Feb 22, 2011
Grain of salt I guess. Though any mention of the Last Guardian has left me cynical for years now. If it does turn out to be the case I'd be very, very happy.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Wasn't Syphon Filter the game where you had psychic powers and escaped from a lab?

EDIT. Oh wait, no, that was Psy Ops: The Mindgate Conspiracy. Good game though.

Yossarian1507

Jan 20, 2010
As a Heavy Rain fan, and one of those 10 people on the planet, that actually like Beyond: Two Souls, I would be more than happy to learn what are they brewing for PS4. I hope this is true (although it sounds a bit too packed with well known Sony IP's to be true, tbh), and in that case, best of luck to Microsoft on their presentation as well.

Hero of Lime

Staaay Fresh!
Jun 3, 2013
E3 rumors always have a way of making me go "in your dreams" because they almost always sound too much like a wishlist rather than a realistic lineup of new announcements. Plus, the fact that Last Guardian was listed is a red flag right there, pretty sure that project will probably never surface at this point.

I am interested to see what a God of War 4 could possibly look like, considering 3 made it look like a 4(starring Kratos anyway) could never happen.