Rumor: Spike's Hidden Zombie Teaser is For Resident Evil

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Somehow I get the feeling they're going to enter this horrible recursive reality of RE games based on the RE movies. That's a whole new level of creative inbreeding I don't even want to think about. oO

9centwhore

Apr 3, 2010
The red octagon makes me think of the umbrella corp. logo so I'd expect this to be RE related.
If it was L4D the should be CEDA stuff on it.

Shining_Pyrelight

Oct 17, 2010
I hope Resident Evil does go back to zombies. I'm getting tired of fast, super, 28 days later things and regular people "infected" by a worm of random virus.
I miss the RE games of past, so I'm hoping for a reboot of sorts. *crossed fingers*

Lord_Gremlin

Apr 10, 2009
Haven't bought RE5 and unless they will show some really controversial gore in RE6 won't bother with it as well. In a zombie game I want blood, guts and brains.

skitskat

Apr 14, 2009
fare777 said:
CpnChaos said:
No, I don't think so. The ad seems too cheesy, and doesn't jive with the tone set in RE 4 and 5. Unless they are planning a reboot, I think they just re-used the same shape for something else.
They already planned for a reboot this that horrifyingly bad resident evil 5 came out that made me want to strange my own mother with fibre wire but on a serious note resident evil originally was about horror. So this could bring it back.. I hope.
resident evil 5 had no scary horror stuff, becuase it had co op, and shits not scary unless your on your own :p

Kouen

Yea, Furry. Deal With It!
Mar 23, 2010
This could be the PSP Resident Evil that was mentioned earlier this year :D

Incidentally if anyone wants to discus PSP or the hope that this Resi Evil will be on PSP I Have a group here :D

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/Playstation-Portable-Users

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
World war z style, post zombie takeover, realistic resi? That would be cool. Especially if we can avoid the moronic AI partners this time. Oh, and try to make things, y'know, actually scary.

But somehow, I have a feeling it isn't going to be that. Just because, when a rumour in videogames pops up, it's hardly ever the most awesome possibility that comes true, more like the most rubbish and easily marketable.

As for the possibility of something L4D related...please not L4D3. Personally, I don't take that much offense unless it doesn't inmprove enough to warrant it, but at this point, L4D3 would bury the series in endless fan rage. If it's more dlc though, I very much approve, but due to the nature of the teaser and the fact Bioware is involved, I don't think anything L4d related is likely.

Josdeb

May 22, 2008
Nocturnal Gentleman said:
Josdeb said:
If it were a spin-off, and the multiplayer aspects were true, my first thought was as an MMO, which I can't imagine working.
I don't know the multiplayer thing might work. Resident evil's online multiplayer games weren't too bad. Just as long as you didn't get a stupid or asshole team. If they did try to make a similar game they should keep the system where if you die you'll become a zombie. Except make it so that if you actually get someone in your team you'll mutate into something worse. Now that would be fun.
Of course, those were mini-games, not a full game we are expected to pay full price for.

I mean, it could work, but it'd need to be done well. WOuld they go for, "We're telling a story that you can slowly progress through by continuing to play" or will it be "fun zombie-themed team matches that last 5-30 minutes"