Rumor: Telltale Working on Game Of Thrones Game

Artemis923

Dec 25, 2008
It can't be worse than Cyanide's ASoIaF games.

Then again, I hope I have more control over the action than in TWD.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
They could make their next game based on Hello Kitty for all I care and I'd still buy it. On topic of Game of Thrones though, if it even happens, I'd really like them to stay away from the story told in the t.v. show and novels with maybe a few nods; A Song of Ice and Fire has a rich history with loads of stories just waiting to be told that happened before the events of the books so it'd be a bit of a waste to just re-tell the story in videogame format.

FoOd77

Jul 2, 2009
I will cream my jeans if this is officially announced. I honestly cannot think of a better developer to do justice to A Song of Ice and Fire than Telltale. Of course, if this somehow pulls resources away from Walking Dead season 2, well, that'd blow donkey dick for sure.

Rawbeard

Jan 28, 2010
If it has dragons instead of floppy penises, I am looking forward to this. If they stick to the source material... they can keep it.

Spacemonkey430

Oct 8, 2012
Somehow I just feel like it wouldn't adapt well. Unless they do like some sort of like history in Westeros in which case a lot of the characters we love and hate and love to hate won't be there. Though if the same greatness of GoT is still there, how fun would it be to play during the time the white walkers first came or something?

uchytjes

Mar 19, 2011
SourMilk said:
Pathetic.

They cannot even keep a short development cycle for their "episodes" and yet they want work on more projects and divert their resources? Again, pathetic.
May I ask what brought this on? From everything that I've seen from telltale, they actually do a fairly good job at pumping out the episodic games. I mean, what kind of timeframe do you expect from them? Monthly? Weekly? Every other month?

OT: I could get into this. I imagine, however, that they will be doing a form of spinoff/side story rather than retelling the show and/or books. Mostly because I doubt they'd be able to obtain the same actors for the characters, but also because I think Telltale doesn't really like strict adaptations and prefers doing their own story.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Andy Shandy said:
Press X to shag your sibling

Anyway, while I'd be perfectly fine with Telltale writing it, my perfect idea would have someone else working on the gameplay. I'd like it to be a bit more visceral, considering the subject. Platinum would be my first shout (as it usually is)
I don't think how visceral the game is really depends on the gameplay, actually. The Walking Dead had some pretty visceral moments in it itself. In this instance I agree with something TotalBiscuit usually sticks with, that gameplay which is well-contextualized within the game is much better than a system that openly works against the bigger draws of the game.

And I don't think high-speed action gameplay would really fit the Song of Ice & Fire universe, either. I was actually thinking a few weeks back when somebody made a "games you'd like to see by what company?" that TellTale would be a perfect fit for a good Game of Thrones video game. After all, arguably the biggest draw of the series is the story, character dialogues, and political intrigue rather than the battles.

Anyway, if confirmed I hope it turns out like their Walking Dead series, where the characters and events are in the same universe as the source material, but have relatively few if any direct references to said source material. That way they wouldn't be shackled by any narrative that already exists, and people with no exposure to the franchise would still be able to follow it.

ThunderCavalier

Nov 21, 2009
TellTale doing a GoT game?

... Honestly, the last GoT games were pretty damn disappointing. It would take them a monumental effort to make a game that was WORSE than them. I have faith that what they put in will be a pretty admirable installment in GoT and a great attempt to transfer it to the interactive media.

... I mean, how can you possibly screw THIS one up?