Rumor: Too Human Developer Lays Off 75 Percent of Staff

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
Cleril said:
Exar Kun85 said:
Solution: Eternal Darkness HD..... you can thank me later.
They can't do anything with Eternal Darkness, Nintendo owns the copyright to their sanity system.
They could make another Eternal Darkness, but it would have to be on a Nintendo system and Nintendo would have to agree to it. Or else, Nintendo would have to sell/sign away their rights to the IP, which, considering Nintendo's financial struggles, might be possible. Then again, Silicon Knights doesn't look like they'll be able to buy the rights off of Nintendo any time soon.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
Well, that's too bad. I really liked Eternal Darkness with its obvious Cthulhu theme, epic transtemporal story and immersive atmosphere. That said, if your company fails to produce anything viable for basically nine years, such a result would seem inevitable. And you can't say they failed for a lack of chances, either. Just look at those numbers. 8 million dollars! Government support! Pretty large staff! Too bad.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
Wait, why the hell is a government funding game production? Aren't there more important things they could be sinking that money into? Like propaganda?

SonOfVoorhees

Aug 3, 2011
That sucks. The Too Human game sucked compared with what they said it would be like. But any lay offs are bad. I know, i was made redundant from my job to to pay cuts in the police budgets in the UK. It sucks, cos your not sacked for bad work, just because they need to save money. Sigh.