"Ruse" Beta Impressions by SniperWolf427

Dec 14, 2008
Killerbunny001 said:
philosophicalbastard said:
Good review, and I would agree with you on every word. Thankfully its just a beta though, because in the first few minutes of a match you can airial spam your opponent to death. In every game I played this has happened, so it got real old real fast. Has anyone else been confronted with this cheap tactic?
Most people don`t use camouflage net at the beginning of the battle so if you see a dude making an airport drop a artillery base and make around 5 or more anti-air guns or play the US so you can build the anti air bunker. Your days of fearing aerial attacks will be over.
Yea I'm usually to busy with my own base to notice enemy air-fields, so I should probably just make alot at the beginning of the game.

SniperWolf427

Jun 27, 2008
HentMas said:
SniperWolf427 said:
dude, the AI is set on EASY!

haha, nonetheless, its interesting that the "game mechanics" are fairly easy to understand, but it takes time getting used to them, the first time i played i was near the middle of the battle when i realized i had 46 ruses without use

i was all "WTF"???

so i decided to use them all at once, it was fairly chaotic but i managed to win the game, if you dont use your RUSES it really criples your game (i had being in the middle of the map forward and back with medium tanks, i wanted to push forward with pure will... yeah right), but once used it gives a boost that really enhances your chances, i was also too afraid to try the online multiplayer, but perhaps after i get my friends a copy i will try it :p.

oh, and excelent review man, only a few points here and there, not too intrusive, and i loved how you refrained of giving your opinion i mean, after all, its just a "beta test"

hey, lets hook up later, i would add you in steam but you havent added it to your profile, add me!, we could have fun ;)
I know it's on Easy, I just can't seem to win against the bastard. I always end up getting plowed by hordes of heavy tanks.... It sucks.

Regardless, my Steam name is on my profile, I just haven't played anything this week so it isn't showing up. Steam name is: SniperWolf427. Big surprise, eh?

Lemon Of Life

Jul 8, 2009
I played the online beta, it's really easy to get to grips with, but money comes too fast. I mean, in the last 5 minutes I stormed the enemy base with about 150 tanks, having saved up for a while. Very fun though.

Soulkiller3

Dec 4, 2008
good review, and a very good game which seems to be abit complex for me online. The game is abit buggy but it is a beta afterall, really looking forward to its relise.

Blitzkreg

Nov 5, 2009
Excellent review! Bravo! I disagree with your opinion about the German tanks, they just take a bit of getting used to. Also, once you play enough, you get the hang of online and AI, but aside from those thoughts, a great review for a great game!