Rush Brings 2112 to Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock

Darquenaut

Feb 22, 2010
As a Rush fan, this pleases me, not to the point that I'm going to get the game (I started and stopped with music games with GH3), but at the same time it is also kind of disappointing because it feels like the chuckleheads that make the GH game decided to grab something purely for the spectacle.

Still, my best wishes to anyone that has to play Neil Peart's drumming. Some will not make it out alive.

monstersquad

Jun 7, 2010
The Austin said:
Rush? One of the most influential bands of all time?

....Why have I never heard of them?
This literally astounds me that with all the different media that they've been referenced in, ie.movies, TV shows and the like, that ANY person in North America has never heard of the greatest Canadian band of all time. Unless that person is female, then it is completely understandable...

Blind Sight

May 16, 2010
...And now I'm buying this Guitar Hero, no matter what, that's amazing, exactly the Guitar Hero I want, especially the part about it being based off of the 2112 storyline (which in turn is lightly based off of Ayn Rand's Anthem).

And for those of you who don't know who Rush is, meet their drummer, Neil Peart:

Maze1125

Oct 14, 2008
Scizophrenic Llama said:
It saddens me that it isn't on Rock Band 3, 2112 on pro-mode just sounds awesome.
It could well still be in RB3, only about a quarter of RB3's setlist has been announced so far.

Berserker119

Dec 31, 2009
It saddens me the number of people that haven't heard of them. Anyway, I'd like to see Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence. 40 minutes would make for a pretty good time.

K4RN4GE911

Apr 27, 2010
Although I am a huge fan of rush, and 2112 is an epic tune, I'm still waiting for songs like Canto 34 to show up on guitar hero. Not nearly as long, but it would sound like a ***** to play.

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
2112 is only 20 minutes long? I have lots of 20 minute long songs in my collection! Wake me up when Jethro Tull's Thick as a Brick makes it into the game - 43 minutes and 28 seconds should be rather more grueling, heh.

Also it saddens me to see how many youngsters remain ignorant of classic prog-rock bands like Rush. Just goes to show you that music nerds (the only remaining audience of prog-rock now that hallucinogenic drug use is no longer ubiquitous) don't necessarily overlap with other varieties of nerd.

Derelict Frog

Jun 7, 2010
I can't be bothered with rhythm games most of the time, and buying the accessories cannot justify around 10 good songs in the game (even if they are all Rush) in my opinion.

However, I will make my mate buy this game and invite me round once he's got it :p

Scizophrenic Llama

Is in space!
Dec 5, 2007
Gildan Bladeborn said:
2112 is only 20 minutes long? I have lots of 20 minute long songs in my collection! Wake me up when Jethro Tull's Thick as a Brick makes it into the game - 43 minutes and 28 seconds should be rather more grueling, heh.

Also it saddens me to see how many youngsters remain ignorant of classic prog-rock bands like Rush. Just goes to show you that music nerds (the only remaining audience of prog-rock now that hallucinogenic drug use is no longer ubiquitous) don't necessarily overlap with other varieties of nerd.
Indeed any prog-rock would be awesome. Echoes by Pink Floyd would be amazing to have on a rhythm game.

Beyond that anything prog is almost going to be awesome and lengthy. I could average up a majority of the songs I listen to and they'd be 15 minutes on average. The longest song I can think of off the top of my head(aside from above mentioned by Gildan) is Dream Theater's Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence, coming in at around 43 minutes.

Sadly I doubt I will see anything I truly would want in the games. So much untapped awesome.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
It boggles my mind that there are people who haven't heard of Rush. I can see not liking them, not being familiar with their work, whatever, but to be totally unaware of them? That's just weird.

matrix3509

Sep 24, 2008
monstersquad said:
The Austin said:

This literally astounds me that with all the different media that they've been referenced in, ie.movies, TV shows and the like, that ANY person in North America has never heard of the greatest Canadian band of all time. Unless that person is female, then it is completely understandable...
Never underestimate just how oblivious some young people are. I don't know how old that person is, but if I had to guess I would say early 90's. I, on the other had am somewhat of a classic rock snob, which I got into before there was ever such a thing as Guitar Hero.

Nov 7, 2009
Andy Chalk said:
It boggles my mind that there are people who haven't heard of Rush. I can see not liking them, not being familiar with their work, whatever, but to be totally unaware of them? That's just weird.
This. I have no possible way of comprehending how these kids haven't heard of Rush.
I say kids and I'M SEVEN FUCKING TEEN. D: I'm an old man in young man's body...

OT: Awesome. I'm gonna get RB3 if I decide to buy another rhythm game, but if a friend buys this I'll definitely be playing it. Now we just need Echoes by Pink Floyd and I'll fall in love with GH all over again.

The Austin

Jul 20, 2009
monstersquad said:
The Austin said:

Actually, I have heard of Rush.

When I wrote that comment I was REALLY REAAAALLLY sleepy, and I wasn't thinking clearly.

jackanderson

Sep 7, 2008
Nice. Just got into Rush (found out that Tom Sawyer was by them thanks to Rock Band, natch) so it's nice to hear more of their songs are being made available for me to hear.

That said, I was turned off of Guitar Hero after World Tour. So I won't be getting this just for that.
Blind Sight said:
And for those of you who don't know who Rush is, meet their drummer, Neil Peart:

Two words.

HOLY SHIT!!

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Based on the track lists I've seen so far, this looks like it will be the best Guitar Hero. Considering it will have

2112, Children of the Grave, Love Gun, Bohemian Rhapsody, Bloodlines...I can't wait for this one x3