Rush Limbaugh finally dead!

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
Well, I’m not going to dance on his grave - apart from anything else the line is too fuckin’ long - but you can’t spend your life doing people wrong and being an asshole and not expect a few corks to pop when you drop dead. Hell when Rupert Murdoch finally kicks the bucket I expect the ALP to declare it an informal public holiday.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Same. My reaction is more or less this:

That's particularly appropriate in that they are celebrating not just the death of a person who had been evil, but that that death ends their ability to be evil.

Thatcher died long after she lost power, and I believe had little personal influence left. However, Rush Limbaugh was still active spreading hatred and lies for the purpose of enriching himself and harming others. He can't hurt people anymore, and this is only a good thing.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Can't say I'll miss him but I won't celebrate either. That said, dying of lung cancer is a terrible, excruciating way to go, so maybe there is some sort of karmic justice around.
He spent decades trying to convince people that tobacco causing lung cancer was was bullshit and that second hand smoke causing cancer was propoganda. Seems like a very fitting way for him to go.

1613634440782.png

McElroy

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 3, 2013
Finland
He spent decades trying to convince people that tobacco causing lung cancer was was bullshit and that second hand smoke causing cancer was propaganda. Seems like a very fitting way for him to go.
Damn. He was a living caricature. Boggles the mind. Sure, I like being mean too, but apparently he wasn't just mean but bullshit embodied.

MrCalavera

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 30, 2020
Country
Poland
He spent decades trying to convince people that tobacco causing lung cancer was was bullshit and that second hand smoke causing cancer was propoganda. Seems like a very fitting way for him to go.
Most ironic death since Herman Cain's passing.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Damn. He was a living caricature. Boggles the mind. Sure, I like being mean too, but apparently he wasn't just mean but bullshit embodied.
I mean, the caricature had to be made up that replicated what he did. He was a pioneer

Cheetodust

Elite Member
Jun 2, 2020
Country
Ireland
Why do people always look at politicians and mouthpieces and the results of their ideology as weird abstracts? Things Limbaugh fought for killed people. The shame is that he didn't die before all the harm he caused. He lost his chance at redemption because he went to the grave an unrepentant ****. Fuck him. Fuck everyone who loved him. I don't care if he had a family, if they stuck by him then they're shits too.

Catfood220

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 21, 2010
Rush Limbaugh? Wasn't he a short lived Family Guy character?

Well I'm not mourning for him, not after they "killed" Brian.

Disclaimer: I'm only being 98% serious, I never heard of the guy before this episode. The joys of being British.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009

Disclaimer: I'm only being 98% serious, I never heard of the guy before this episode. The joys of being British.
He was also a short-lived Simpsons character back in the mid nineties.

So yeah, he's been around for a while and has been about as relevant as The Simpsons, which could do with a little dying of its own.

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009

Not gonna lie, I thought Rush Limbaugh was an old timey guy. Like, historical figure old timey.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Not gonna lie, I thought Rush Limbaugh was an old timey guy. Like, historical figure old timey.
Maybe you are conflating his name with Mount Rushmore? They have sort of the same cadence when you say them, and for someone out of the country, both of those things would be about as passingly familiar to you. Like someone mentioning the cliffs of dover to me. It's like "oh yeah that thing....I guess are cliffs somewhere...probably a place called dover? *shrugs* Yeah, name is...something I've heard. Zero relevance to my life, so not really tracking it much."

Elijin

Elite Muppet
Legacy
Feb 15, 2009
Maybe you are conflating his name with Mount Rushmore? They have sort of the same cadence when you say them, and for someone out of the country, both of those things would be about as passingly familiar to you. Like someone mentioning the cliffs of dover to me. It's like "oh yeah that thing....I guess are cliffs somewhere...probably a place called dover? *shrugs* Yeah, name is...something I've heard. Zero relevance to my life, so not really tracking it much."
I think I just found the name so archaic that I assumed it must be.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I think I just found the name so archaic that I assumed it must be.
It is a weird name, I'll grant you that. I've always had the problem of it conflicting with my favorite band of all time. So when I type "I love RUSH!" or 'Listening to RUSH currently" people think I'm a conservative shitbag, and I have to correct "No, I mean the canadian power trio band! Not that bloated shitbag"