Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
Does everyone else have the same autogenerated thread banner of a load of fireworks going off?
Auto-generated? I thought those banners were intentional and user-chosen.

Whole lotta celebrating over death by the left going on in this forum...

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I know we're not supposed to be happy people die, but it seems even the website algorithm is in his case.
Eh, I have never been on board with the whole "every death should be mourned" mentality, as I do think that there are some truly shit-tastic people in this world, and we are better off with them gone. So don't feel bad about not feeling bad that someone truly terrible is dead. I cheered audibly at work, and clapped my hands when I learned Sylvia Brown was dead. I did the same for limbaugh. I'm glad he's dead, fuck everything he did in this world. It's shitbags like him that helped create the political climate we find ourselves in, and I don't pity for a second, the fact that he's gone.

Reactions: BrawlMan

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
ezgif.com-gif-maker-2.gif

I do admire the use of this whoever-the-fuck's tribute for trump to claim he definitely won the election tho. Classy. Can't see how that could lead to any more trouble. Not. At. All.

Last edited:
Reactions: BrawlMan

Chimpzy

Simian Abomination
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 3, 2020
Huh, odd, I really thought he had already died a few years ago. Might be thinking of someone else. Might be because I haven't heard anything of him since the start of the Trump years.

Reactions: gorfias

Houseman

Mad Hatter Meme Machine.
Legacy
Apr 4, 2020
I'm not saying that you're all going to turn into murderers, but I think there's a causal chain that goes from "publicly celebrating the death of your political/ideological opponents" to "committing acts of violence, including murder".

James 1:13-15

Last edited:

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
I'm not saying that you're all going to turn into murderers, but I think there's a casual chain that goes from "publicly celebrating the death of your political/ideological opponents" to "committing acts of violence, including murder".

James 1:13-15
I'm not entirely comfortable with all the cheering. Its clear as day the man's legacy is overwhelmingly negative and probably maliciously so but his opponents should have some dignity about this. Same as people cheering when Thatcher the elderly Alzheimer patient died. Its not very tasteful.

laggyteabag

Scrolling through forums, instead of playing games
Legacy
Oct 25, 2009
UK
As a young British guy, I have no idea who this person was, but it definitely seems like he didn't exactly leave a positive mark on the world.

I wouldn't go as far as to celebrate a person's death, but I wouldn't blame anyone for reflecting on a person's life, and concluding that the world is probably a better place without them.

Its always a shame when good people die young, and bad people seemingly live forever.