Russia Banning Emo Culture?

SharPhoe

The Nice-talgia Kerrick
Feb 28, 2009
iJosh said:
It doesn't. It's just a dumb fab. They just want to be 'special' er noticed.

Which they do get noticed because they look like freaks when you put them with 'normal people'. Oh please don't say, but what is normal.
I actually have no problem with how they look. My only complaint is that they pretend that their lives are just one long chain of misery, even when they've got it better than most of the people around them.

Ultrajoe

Omnichairman
Apr 24, 2008
Emo's, they're so silly for thinking nobody understands them. Why, if that were true, people would ban all of... oops...

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
See, if they want to kill themselves, all they gotta do is ask the nice police officers for help now.

bodyklok

Feb 17, 2008
bout freaking time! Seriously though, this is more or less unacceptable. I can't see how Russia could ever claim to be a democracy if they actually passed these laws. Remember 1984 people.

soulasylum85

Dec 26, 2008
ever notice how once emo kids get old enough to have something worth being depressed about they stop being emo... just an observation

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
madbird-valiant said:
Worgen said:
emo is a culture?
Has been for quite a while.

This won't stop them. Underground emo clubs, etc. They're just asking for trouble by trying to ban something that has so much popular media and culture that it depresses me to the point of wanting to slit my wrists.

See, now that's irony.
I don't understand, Russia has always represented the pinnacle of acceptance in the world...

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
soulasylum85 said:
ever notice how once emo kids get old enough to have something worth being depressed about they stop being emo... just an observation
Yes,I think its because they realize that they, just like everyone else has to work to earn what they believe is a suitable life. You can't have others pity you into a position where you feel comfortable. You need to earn your keep just like everyone else.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
of course, banning the culture is only going to make them more insulated and it will deprive them of the lessons of "work ethic". SO- I have to say the Russian Government is only going to create more hate and chafing irritation for the next 20 years until they have to mow down a crowd of civilians with the coaxing guns on tanks. A valuable lesson from China

Johnnyallstar

Feb 22, 2009
I think the main problem with the "emo" kids are that they come from a pampered lifestyle where they don't have serious problems in their lives.

When I say serious, I don't mean boyfriend/girlfriend issues, or relationship issues, or identity issues, I mean real down hard problems that they have to live with and deal with. And when they are finally presented with real opposition, they think that suicide is the only way out because it's easier than actually working hard and solving the damn problem.

Frankly, whenever I see them I get this spasmodic twitch in my arm and left eye and feel the need to hurt things. emo type things.

arkknight666

Jun 4, 2009
Alright, let the flames begin *ducks in cover*

I consider myself a halfbreed of emo and hXc-ish sub cultures, or groups or whatever you wish to classify them as.

First of all, I'm not here to be like YOUR WRONG, cause honestly I think in every subculture or genre of people you get a lot of morons, now the common assumption is that emo kids are always depressed and nagging about their horrible lives (Which is definately false, there are some but honestly who hasn't had those days, and what "culture." dosn't have these people.)

My theory after close observation is that there are 2 kinds of emo kids, you got the attension plea peeps, and the people who actually like the genre, the cloths, the style and the music and wanna have fun with it or relate to people with similar beleifs, the inital beleif being emotion which ideally everyone is "emo." because of emotions but most or what is assumed to me that emo kids consider themselves for emotional and/or sensative than other people. It's a very diverse group and interpereted differently by everyone. Now, about the depression thing, like I said, attension wanna be pathetic beings, and of course purebreeds ( xD ) but basicly, say at my local mall, these "emo kids." will go up to eachother and be like hey I just cut myself last night, and the others are like oh me 2! and they show eachother and laugh and crap, thats just messed, and stupid, if you are ACTUALLY depressed, and cut yourself and stuff, I think these people need help, if they actually have problems and are going through hard times, these people shouldn't be shunned or looked down upon for being in a hard spot and cause they are in a sub culture or genre. Don't you think thats counter productive? Yes there is a large poser part of this genre and it maddens me to the extent of not wanting to assosiate myself with the genre -_-. Also, not all emo kids cut, depressed kids cut, like in all gernres and cultures normal or not people who kill themselves are depressed which is only a part of emo culture, because it's an EMOTION, lots of kids wind up falling into this because lifes tough yah know, and lots of poser kids like to say ohhh im so sad to get help and attension when they reallllyyyy don't need it. True depressed and cutting people are more prevelant in this genre because of thw whole emphisis on emotion factor from what I gather, and kids liek dressing in black when they're sad, haha. As for style, chick pants are a no for me, baggy black everything I just love the hair, and most of the life style.

But yeah, thats a constructive insight as to my experiences and observations of the genre, for all the people who jsut hate "emo kids." over assumptions your just as bad as the people who plea for attension in this genre cause honestly your most likely jsut saying that to look cool to your peers, liek I udnerstand people who hate the stereotype of bitching all the time when you don't got problems, but yeah case and point we're not all depressed, or retards pleaing for attension. Constructive questioning and reasoning is welcome if your just gunna flame me you can rot in the deepest pits of hell, you contridicting equally worthless waste of fleash lmao.

P.S. People who see this and ignore this posts exsistance and still acclaim hated towards the emo culture without considering anything i've just said, your a fool ;D

soulasylum85

Dec 26, 2008
JWAN said:
soulasylum85 said:
Yes,I think its because they realize that they, just like everyone else has to work to earn what they believe is a suitable life. You can't have others pity you into a position where you feel comfortable. You need to earn your keep just like everyone else.
agreed. the "feel sorry for me" vibe doesnt really work in the real world

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
Stupid emos, getting my trendy black clothing banded because they're all faux weepy and shit... oh, wait, Russia?

Never mind.

munx13

Some guy on the internet
Dec 17, 2008
Emos are mostly teens (from what I have seen myself). If a teen can't have something, he or she will just want it more.