Russia Tells U.S. to Use A Trampoline to Send Its Astronauts to the ISS

Darkbladex96

Jan 25, 2011
RealRT said:
MrFalconfly said:
major_chaos said:
"I propose that the United States delivers its astronauts to the ISS with the help of a trampoline."
So nice to see a government not bend over for American interests for once. Go Russia, best of luck in the Ukraine and fuck western backed regimes in general.
Hang on?!?

Russia going all "Winter War" (look it up, it's not the first time Russia has annexed foreign territory as a bufferzone) on Ukraine is a good thing?!?

Sorry mate, but Ukraine is not a "USA vs Russia" thing. It's Russia illegally annexing foreign territory from a sovereign country (Ukraine).

I don't know where that bollocks about Ukraine "belonging to Russia" came from, but fact of the matter is that Ukraine is a sovereign nation and Russia should back the fuck off.
If by "annexing" you mean "Crimea wanted to join Russia instead of the clusterfuck that is the current Ukraine and people of Crimea voted for that fair and square on a referendum", then yeah, that was annexing.
Exactly. I mean, it's not like it wasn't already ruled back in '92 that Kruschev's trasfer of crimea to the ukraine was illegal or anything. I mean, yeah, Russia definitely hasn't been playing nice about it since they've pretty much let a piece of thier country get ruled by ukraine just because they didn't want to stir this up before hand. I mean, the nerve of Russia, stealing their own country after they asked to come back so nicely.

2012 Wont Happen

Aug 12, 2009
Ed130 The Vanguard said:
major_chaos said:
"I propose that the United States delivers its astronauts to the ISS with the help of a trampoline."
So nice to see a government not bend over for American interests for once. Go Russia, best of luck in the Ukraine and fuck western backed regimes in general.
As opposed to Russian backed ones like Syria.

You would think that Russia would think a little, 60 million isn't exactly chump change and they may be the only town for now but once NASA stops faffing about with ORION or a private group like SpaceX comes calling you'll be in the hole.
When looked at in context of the nature of the diplomatic dispute at hand and how small an amount that is compared to the budget of a large modern country, it is essentially "chump change".

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Antigonius said:
Yea...So a wikipedia article, and some random news articles. Muthafucking concrete proofs. Let me be clear of myself here. A chart, with every member of their government, their political alignment and small analysis of their bio and wealth. That is a proof, I will tolerant. The rest I consider lies, especially with the quality of propaganda out there.
well sorry im not going to drive to ukraine, as close as it is, and not going to itnerview them.
There is a lot of english porpaganda out there and noone seems to have even bothered to make a comprehensive chart yet. Oh, and that wikipedia has plenty of sources, its just that the info there is put nicely into one place oinstead of having to link you 15 links.

you can find a list on wikipedia as well http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cabinet_of_Ukraine#Cabinet and most of them can be individually clicked and read upon. if you read wikipedia policy you would know they are very ridgit with their sources and its not so much anyone writes whatever they want as they make you believe. Analysing wealth of the members arent really relevant to thier political ideology. Most of my info comes from reading lithuanian articles, so i doubt your going to like these.

Your english is very nice... Ok then, define "left" then from russian PoV? Then define "left" from EU PoV. They are kinda different, don't you think?

+ today every big player in the world is a Empire with capital E. Just different kinds of dictators and brainwashing. Just one Empire is being a dick to the other. EU politics even say to Putin, that "Russia can't change Europes borders". EUROPE. Not Ukraine
Thank you, thought my english is far from perfect.
No, Left is left no matter whose point of view you take, unless you consider incorrect personal opinions, such as that US has a left wing in politics (there actually are only right and extreme right left). Politologists have scritimized this to no end already and its not really up to everyone to decide.

The EU statement is a gepgraphical one. If you open up a map of Europe, you will notice that Europe ends with border of russia (though some try to think that part of russia till Ural is europe due to having the same earth crust plate). every border in that map is europes borders. ukraine borders are europes borders. germanys borders are eurtopes borders. UK borders are europes borders. thats just geography.
There arent that many big players as you may think. Europe is certainly not one of them, they are too busty fighting between nations on which language to add to official translation list of their documents to be an Empire. EU is an attempt at very loose federation, which is commandable but just get on with it and make it work instead of beating around the bush.

Korolev

No Time Like the Present
Jul 4, 2008
It's a threat, but one the US can meet head on. The US is developing its own systems for space-travel, and they have private companies that are fairly good at delivering cargo. It's only a matter of a few years before SpaceX starts launching humans into space.

The ISS also depends on US money (and Russian Money). It works best if both sides keep funding it and working it. Also, the Russians like US money - it was earning many millions sending US astronauts into Space.

If the Russians really want to stop sending US astronauts into space, I guess they can. But they don't own the ISS - it's owned by many nations. And the US can develop its own launch capabilities.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
dunam said:
RealRT said:
If by "annexing" you mean "Crimea wanted to join Russia instead of the clusterfuck that is the current Ukraine and people of Crimea voted for that fair and square on a referendum", then yeah, that was annexing.
http://khpg.org/index.php?id=1399238176

"Vladimir Putin?s own Council on the Development of Civil Society and Human Rights has confirmed that the turnout for the so-called ?referendum? on the Crimea?s status was much lower than reported, and the results also far less overwhelmingly in favour of joining Russia."

Uhhhh yeah. Most of the people that voted did so while walking past unknown and not-uniformed armed troops and let that influence their voting, which might be the reason that sevastopol voted far more overwhelmingly in favor russia compared to the rest of crimea.

On top of that, the low turnout might mean that only 25% are in favor of joining russia. That is without taking into account the militaristic intimidation.
As a guy who have actually spoken to people from Crimea, I take this with a pinch of salt. As for Sevastopol, it was, by contract with Ukraine, a base of Russian Black Sea Fleet and pretty much a Russian city in all but legal status.

Nixou

Jan 20, 2014
You can argue semantics all day long, but the russian government is corrupt and undemocratic.

"Corrupt" would mean that the russian government is not working as intended: the russian government, like all despotic governments in history, is a cartel of parasites for whom "the people" is little more than a herd of beast of burdens and occasional fucktoys who exist only to fuel the sybaritic lifestyle of the ruling class. The low standard of life you'll find there is a feature, not a bug.

Zac Jovanovic

Jan 5, 2012
dunam said:
Well say what you will, but it will make the next Modern Warfare: The trampoline wars one hell of a game to play with oculus!
There'll be projectile vomiting all around!

x EvilErmine x

Cake or death?!
Apr 5, 2010
FFS, can't we just leave behind the nationalistic bullshit on the ground and agree that space is kinda neutral territory and we should all be working together to explore it? It's not like the future of our species may one day depend on us mastering space travel or anything.

Lightknight

Mugwamp Supreme
Nov 26, 2008
x EvilErmine x said:
FFS, can't we just leave behind the nationalistic bullshit on the ground and agree that space is kinda neutral territory and we should all be working together to explore it? It's not like the future of our species may one day depend on us mastering space travel or anything.
No, we can't and shouldn't. Getting along here on Earth is a hell of a lot more immediately important than pushing into space.

You don't continue to pour money into a country you could very well be at war with shortly. You don't share rocket (aka missile) technology either.

Neither country should work with the other until the chances of going to war have lowered.