Russia Tells U.S. to Use A Trampoline to Send Its Astronauts to the ISS

toms

Oct 23, 2008
This thread needs an adult.

At any rate, they would be rather foolish to actually go through with their threats.

Jun 11, 2008
Scorpid said:
Can we just /thread it now, take it to R&P and leave it at that? On a more important note I would also like to have the names of any Russian or Russian allied trampoline manufacturers. The only thing of note I found was this [http://www.heraldsun.com.au/travel/travel-news/go-to-work-with-a-spring-in-your-step-literally/story-fn32891l-1226531958301].

squeebles12

Jul 2, 2012
The way all of these things go is that the EU and America try to impose sanctions on Russia such as increased tariffs on Russian goods and then Russia just goes "oh? So thats how we're playing? Okay then heres a cheeky little tighten up on all that oil, natural gas and coal europe needs. Sound good? Good!".

The EU then backs down and so does Russia but they both still make threats for a while and glare at each other from across the room like toddlers who have been caught fighting by their parents... albeit toddlers with nuclear arms..

Before anyone stars firing off at me for "supporting Russia" I just want to get it out that I in no way support what Russia has done and I understand the danger as several of my friends come from previously Russian countries such as Georgia and Lithuania, I just wanted to point out that we've seen this happen many times before and it has always gone the same way but at varying intensities.

(Bare in mind that just because I'm not a fan of Russia and Putin that does NOT mean I am a supporter of America, they've dicked over their people enough times as well just in a different form)

MrFalconfly

Sep 5, 2011
major_chaos said:
"I propose that the United States delivers its astronauts to the ISS with the help of a trampoline."
So nice to see a government not bend over for American interests for once. Go Russia, best of luck in the Ukraine and fuck western backed regimes in general.
Hang on?!?

Russia going all "Winter War" (look it up, it's not the first time Russia has annexed foreign territory as a bufferzone) on Ukraine is a good thing?!?

Sorry mate, but Ukraine is not a "USA vs Russia" thing. It's Russia illegally annexing foreign territory from a sovereign country (Ukraine).

I don't know where that bollocks about Ukraine "belonging to Russia" came from, but fact of the matter is that Ukraine is a sovereign nation and Russia should back the fuck off.

Ed130 The Vanguard

(Insert witty quote here)
Sep 10, 2008
major_chaos said:
Ed130 The Vanguard said:
Yes, because chemical weapons makes everything better.
Because unproven allegations are a great reason to enter yet another pointless war in support of untrustworthy rebels. Diplomacy? Proof? What are you a communist? TEAM AMERICA WORLD POLICE GO!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IhnUgAaea4M
So the Army forces storing the likes of Sarin were hoodwinked by those nasty rebels who then maliciously launch a massive attack on their own territory with it?

Well call me Kettle for believing all that western lies! Ignoring the fact that the rebels don't have the resources or capability to launch such a massive strike but since Russia and the Syrian government say its true then it must be!

Also: Hello Pot!

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
Ed130 The Vanguard said:
So the Army forces storing the likes of Sarin were hoodwinked by those nasty rebels who then maliciously launch a massive attack on their own territory with it?
Would not surprise me. Rebels are historically willing to go to any length to offset their natural disadvantage.

Ignoring the fact that the rebels don't have the resources or capability to launch such a massive strike
[citation needed]
Also its not like Russia didn't want to fix the problem, they just wanted to give the Syrian government time to dispose of their chemical weapons instead of bombing the shit out of them.

Also: Hello Pot!

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
cerebus23 said:
Yea our government spends millions toppling the legally elected pro russian government, that would be like if putin personally went to texas to ovethrow the texas governent and put pro russian puppet government in.

The hell putin is not prize winner but obama make putin look like a gdamn elder statesman. And no way in fing hell would any nation let another topple a legally elected governemnt on its borders and not take offense.

American has zero business in ukraine, obama has zero business getting buthurt over putin pushing back. obama is a facist illegal clown, his foreign policy is a joke, his national security is too concered with right wingers as terrorists and loves to help fund islamic terrorists liek the islamic brotherhood. hell they cannot even use the word terrorists with al caida but sure as shit can mention it when talking about tea partiers and people that are sick to death of governemt and tis spying lying stealing and illegal actions.

Obama and his admin also seem bound and determined to set race relations back 30 years as he turns everything into racial stuff to cover his vapid illegal ass. yes obama everyone dislikes you is because your black not because you violated every campaign promise you ever uttered lie every time you open your mouth, and outright break the laws of this nation and your oath of office in short mr obama you and half your admin are guilty of treason and that carries the death penality. but you would call me a terrorist. not bin laden though.
major_chaos said:
"I propose that the United States delivers its astronauts to the ISS with the help of a trampoline."
So nice to see a government not bend over for American interests for once. Go Russia, best of luck in the Ukraine and fuck western backed regimes in general.
There are just no words. I know this is the internet where opinions very from as far left to as far right as they can get, plus countless ideologies which have no words to describe, but the level of anti-democracy, pro-dictatorship, pro... you know what, I'll just use this image, it described my feelings more accurately then words ever could.

Bad Jim

Nov 1, 2010
MinionJoe said:
every time I Google "Russian trampolines", I just get articles about the ISS.

So until evidence to the contrary is presented, the only trampoline manufacturers I can find are American (and possibly one Chinese).
I used Bing, and I found this:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2241831/The-worlds-longest-trampoline-Russian-art-exhibition-hosts-170ft-long-bouncing-runway-built-middle-forest.html

Not only are they miles ahead of us in the space race, they are miles ahead of us in trampoline technology as well.

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
MrFalconfly said:
Sorry mate, but Ukraine is not a "USA vs Russia" thing. It's Russia illegally annexing foreign territory from a sovereign country (Ukraine).
In theory. But in practice it's quite about a geopolitical struggle between Russia, EU and USA, who all have conflicting interests in Ukraine, and are trying to pursue each their own agenda - at the expense of Ukrainian people, ultimately.

Though I must say I've not been following that line of news much lately, seeing as there's a political clusterfuck happening closer to home and am mostly keeping an eye on that, so I might be falling behind here...

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
toms said:
This thread needs an adult.

I like how there are 2 conversations going on in this thread.

The first is a mud-slinging heavy handed political argument about Russian/American interests in Ukraine

The second is an amicable exploration of international trampoline manufacturers.

And yet, both are somehow equally relevant to the original topic.

shirkbot

Apr 15, 2013
Hero in a half shell said:
I like how there are 2 conversations going on in this thread.

The first is a mud-slinging heavy handed political argument about Russian/American interests in Ukraine

The second is an amicable exploration of international trampoline manufacturers.

And yet, both are somehow equally relevant to the original topic.
This sums it up pretty well for me. However, I do find it interesting that nobody is discussing the fact that NASA already has the capacity to send people into space, or could regain such standing rather quickly. It was just cheaper to pay Russia, though it looks like SpaceX is doing good work, and I thought I saw something about India heading into space as well, so there are non-trampoline options.

Zontar said:
May I ask where you found this, and is it part of a larger series of comics that I could be reading?

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
Whoops! Looks like someone's going for TWO black eyes. Have fun with those sanctions, boys! It only gets worse from here!

MrFalconfly

Sep 5, 2011
Vegosiux said:
MrFalconfly said:
In theory. But in practice it's quite about a geopolitical struggle between Russia, EU and USA, who all have conflicting interests in Ukraine, and are trying to pursue each their own agenda - at the expense of Ukrainian people, ultimately.

Though I must say I've not been following that line of news much lately, seeing as there's a political clusterfuck happening closer to home and am mostly keeping an eye on that, so I might be falling behind here...
Well if I recall correctly, the whole shebang started when a majority of the Ukrainian people began protesting against their government because they broke their promises about making trade-agreements with the EU (which of cause the Kremlin doesn't like since they think Ukraine is Russian territory for some reason).

I don't know why USA got involved in this, and I think we (European countries who've involved themselves) should bug out (unless Russia openly breaches international law), in order to have the moral highground.

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
Zontar said:
democracy
I love how that word gets thrown around as justification whenever America wants to sticks its dick where it doesn't belong, ignoring more logical explanations like "oil" and "geopolitical interests"
Also how is a violent US backed uprising "democratic"?

Mahha

May 20, 2009
as cynical as this might sound... I think that the NASA, ESA and all the other space agencies need a bit of Russian threats. If nothing else this should spur developments that might perhaps encourage these agencies to start developing maned space crafts more readily.
Russians should be isolated. Completely. Show them that the west can do it better and cheaper.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
Is there no chance of using nano-enhanced pogo sticks instead of tramapolines? Much more user control there.

I have this funny feeling that by the time this thread ends, no one will have learnt anything new, other than that everyone else is as arrogant as themselves