Russian Parents Call for Putin to Ban Death Note

PBMcNair

Aug 31, 2009
flarty said:
It happened with every generation, no doubt it will happen with ours. There's always a vocal minority.
Thats actually something I was thinking of the other day. The idea that in say 50 years them darn teenagers will be doing something so unknown/alien to me that I might sound like parents groups now. Creeps me out, to be honest.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
How about we care about the teenager before we play the blame game guys?

Seriously the lack of apathy that goes on in the whole world for matters like these depresses me sometimes. Can't we all just get along?

Lonewolfm16

Feb 27, 2012
PBMcNair said:
flarty said:
It happened with every generation, no doubt it will happen with ours. There's always a vocal minority.
Thats actually something I was thinking of the other day. The idea that in say 50 years them darn teenagers will be doing something so unknown/alien to me that I might sound like parents groups now. Creeps me out, to be honest.
My guess is that it will involve either genetic engineering, extreme cosmetic surgery, or technological integration (VR systems or cyborg enhancements, take your pick) since these things already seem to creep people out and it seems like they will become more prevalent as technology improves and new generations have less taboos against them.

dangoball

Jun 20, 2011
While a suicidal teen is tragic, shit like that happens all the time. And while people blaming random stuff for bad things is mostly dumb, it's only natural, when they are afraid of something they don't know.

Also...
How come there are no Putin puns yet?

Xukog

May 21, 2011
Oh for fucks sake..... This is getting so stupid. I'd like to think people aren't so pathetic as to look for something alien to them to blame but...ugh.

sirjeffofshort

Oct 2, 2012
I'm not going to lie, I tried to read this article but kept getting freaked out by how absolutely terrifying that picture is. I absolutely love horror in all of its forms, but for some reason that picture makes me want to cry.

DEEP BREATH

Okay... let's give the article another shot.

Quantum Glass

Mar 19, 2013
Y'know, I'm not even that angry at this point. The finger-pointing isn't really that surprising anymore, and I don't really have the energy to get worked up over it again and again and again. Aside from those who're using a tragedy to attack something out of personal moral belief rather than any actual concern for the child, I can sympathize with their reaction.

My thoughts go out to the parents and loved ones left behind, and to all others who've lost a child, parent, or friend.

Evil Smurf

Admin of Catoholics Anonymous
Nov 11, 2011
dangoball said:
While a suicidal teen is tragic, shit like that happens all the time. And while people blaming random stuff for bad things is mostly dumb, it's only natural, when they are afraid of something they don't know.

Also...
How come there are no Putin puns yet?
I am 140% we won't get any.

At least it is'n't video games being blamed.

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
This is getting out of control, how come shit like this still exists?

On a side note that picture.......AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Keoul

Apr 4, 2010
Still can't believe they're blaming death note. Was there any proof at all that the two were related? Sure she owned a copy but she also owns a bed and a chair should we ban those as well? Jeez I wonder if these parents even know their kids, if they really truly believe a manga is what drove their child to suicide you really wonder if they actually cared for their kid.

thefrizzlefry

Feb 20, 2009
Ah, Russia. The country that deals with angry punk rockers by doing shit that accomplished nothing but making sure that everyone with a Black Flag shirt wanted Putin's head and deals with suicidal anime fans by telling them that their choice in media is wrong.
Basically, they're like that one really religious couple that's in every neighborhood, the one that clearly should not be having children because they don't know how to functionally deal with other people, but they do and said children end up either OD'ing on heroin or roadie-ing for Deicide.

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
Well that's different. Usually it's video games being blamed for things. I suppose it's refreshing in a slamming your head against a desk sort of way.
Rex Dark said:
Seriously?
Is it just me or do people have a habit of blaming things that have most likely nothing to do with the matter, whenever something happens?

School shootings? Videogames!
Suicide? Manga!
Livestock getting sick? Witchcraft!
Livestock going missing? Aliens

el_kabong

Shark Rodeo Champion
Mar 18, 2010
erttheking said:
Agreed. I barely was able to finish reading the article. I don't know what the fuck that is, but it's like pure nightmare fuel.

afroebob

Oct 1, 2011
Breaking News:

American non-idiot says these parents are stupid as sh*t.

(PS, the person with the brain is me).

afroebob

Oct 1, 2011
el_kabong said:
erttheking said:
Agreed. I barely was able to finish reading the article. I don't know what the fuck that is, but it's like pure nightmare fuel.
Oh, just so you know that is actually Hades from Disneys Hercules movie

Dec 15, 2009
Good, it's about time that someone took action against that horrid tale, that ended seven fraking years ago. (The preceding was sarcasm and is in no way to be taken as the author's actual stance on the issue. We accept no responsibility for any taking of this statement at face value. You should not read this statement if you are pregnant or may become pregnant. This statement may cause hair loss.)

On an unrelated note borscht is not actually Russian, it is, in fact, Ukrainian.