Ryan Reynolds' Green Lantern Costume Officially Retconned

Xanthious

Dec 25, 2008
Looks better I will give it that. However, I'm reserving judgement until I see the finished product in the theater.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
The mask (Which was always the biggest problem) is still awful. I'm also not fond of the toes and wish they would give it all a slightly more synthetic look but overall it is an improvement.

Roboto

Nov 18, 2009
Kalezian said:
so......... its a body suit......... that showcases all......all of his muscles?

Instead of a cheaper version of a Nanosuit.........
That's what I got from it too :D

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Personally, I think the movie's suit makes a whole lot more sense than the comic's considering that it is the uniform of many different species of alien, so it kinda should look organic. At any rate, I think staying true to the story is more important than staying true to the costumes.

Bon_Clay

Aug 5, 2010
The sorta organic look seems pretty cool to me. The only probably with what it used to look like was the CGI seems cheap and awkward, especially the domino mask.

If you spend millions on CGI and it still looks like green screened crap then just go with a real freaking costume for everything but glowing effects.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
The toe thing is pretty fail. Boots and gloves or bust.

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
Spangles said:
Well I have to admit. It's the first time a costume has clearly actually gotten sillier from the comics.

As for a difference from the previous ones they've done... umm, not much.

He needs the white gloves to balance the outfit..

Also, I think this movie is being made for girls and gays.. Are there any hetro guys out there that needs to be watching quite this much definition of pecs and a 6 pack?

Oh... and boots, give him boots... how's he supposed to kick arse without any boots.

Yet another watered down comic adaptation, it'a all getting so predictable, Warner owns it an allows it to be fucked up, end of story.

And between the costume and him acting like a goofball in the trailer, I'm not really getting the 'Hal Jordan' Vibe.
So you are more into bears [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bear_(gay_culture)] then ?

greenlinkboy

Sep 7, 2009
I can't say that I see a real difference. Also, why does his suit have a belly button? This has got to be the worst super hero costume since they put nipples on Batman's suit in 'Batman and Robin'

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
The whole glowing veins thing reminds me off Red Faction 2 and not in a good way.

TheBluesader

Mar 9, 2008
I don't know. I'm never a big fan of what Hollywood does to superhero costumes, but I've kind of gotten used to accepting them if they're at least paying a little attention to the comics. Like the Bale Batman costume - I hate that it doesn't have any grey or yellow on it, and I don't like the plating, but I'm okay with it because it would make sense that a flesh-and-blood Batman would have plating and a helmet.

This new GL costume is about at the same point. It's WAY better than the crappy one they used first, but it's still not great. But it kind of works. After all, if we're going to say that the ring makes a kind of green gel-like suit that covers his body when it's active, it makes sense that it would look something like this. Still not as cool as any of the GL comic outfits, but okay.

Personally, I want to see a live-action version of the original Golden Age GL costume. But never gonna happen, unless Zach Snyder wants to do it or something.