S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Announced, Could Ambush Multiple Platforms

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 Announced, Could Ambush Multiple Platforms

The first few S.T.A.L.K.E.R. titles were frightening open-world goodness for the PC, but the now officially announced sequel could go multi-platform.

rumors [http://www.gsc-game.com/index.php?t=news] of a console version took one step closer to reality.

In addition to saying that GSC is currently hard at work on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2, the company said it's creating "a completely new multi-platform technology" for the "core of the game." Dubbing the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. [http://www.amazon.com/S-T-L-K-E-R-Clear-Sky-Pc/dp/B001C4VU5C/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1281804742&sr=8-4] sequel's technology base "multi-platform" indicates that GSC is at least considering the sequel for release on consoles, which would no doubt increase the series' visibility amongst gamers.

The three games in the Fallout 3 [http://www.amazon.com/Viva-Media-587-S-T-A-L-K-E-R-Pripyat/dp/B002QE22DQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1281804742&sr=8-1], but somewhat less friendly to players, other than the guitar playing.

GSC calls S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 "the next chapter of the mega-popular game players expect from us" and reveals that the company has sold more than 4 million copies of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games worldwide. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 won't be released until 2012, and though only a PC release is assured right now, don't be surprised if a version of the game hits consoles too.

Jul 22, 2009
I hope it is multiplatform :D

I really want this on my xbox as I don't play my PC that much and when I do I only really play Dawn Of War 2...

Anah'ya

a Taffer
Jun 19, 2010
2012 will be a good year.

Having said that:

The series is sort of like Fallout 3, but somewhat less friendly to players, other than the guitar playing.
Somewhat less friendly? Fallout 3 is a light hearted comedy in comparison to the grit that S.T.A.L.K.E.R SC throws at ya'. Now, this Taffer could go into more detail, but that might result in an unnecessary wall of text slapping folks in the face and a potential lynching of said Taffer.

*fangirl growl*

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
I've been following the facebook page for a while now. Finally it's official.

gonzo20

Dec 18, 2008
please please please do not add any retarded "glue to the wall" cover system! i swear to god if those guys dumb it down or make the mutants any easier, i will go to ukrain and force them to make it harder

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Please note that, for all you know, "multi-platform" could be Macs and Linux. Treat this like the Witcher 2: assume the PC is the lead format until futher information is released.

dthvirus

Oct 2, 2008
Alright. Looking forward to this. STALKER was a refreshing slap in the face with a splintery board after Fallout 3. Let's hope they fix some bugs this time around.

Also, keep the G36 from Clear Sky. I have a soft spot for that thing.

ultimateownage

This name was cool in 2008.
Feb 11, 2009
Psychosocial said:
ultimateownage said:
Meh, I didn't like S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
We get it, you don't like anything but Fallout, and you're not positive to the thought of anything but Fallout. But it's getting kinda annoying now, actually.

OT; I'm a little skeptical to the console release thingy, because it's fairly common knowledge that studios that are from former Soviet countries develop good games but good games in need of help from modding communities, and we all know what the modding community on consoles look like...
Oh, I didn't like Fallout either.

thethingthatlurks

Feb 16, 2010
First the newspost about Bethesda working on a "secret" project, and now a sequel to one of my favourite games! I just hope they give the PC priority, and scale it down for the consoles later on. This day could only get better if it started raining doughnuts...
*looks up in anticipation*

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Psychosocial said:
ultimateownage said:
Psychosocial said:
ultimateownage said:
Meh, I didn't like S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
We get it, you don't like anything but Fallout, and you're not positive to the thought of anything but Fallout. But it's getting kinda annoying now, actually.

OT; I'm a little skeptical to the console release thingy, because it's fairly common knowledge that studios that are from former Soviet countries develop good games but good games in need of help from modding communities, and we all know what the modding community on consoles look like...
Oh, I didn't like Fallout either.
Then what's the deal with the avatar and title?
That's what I was thinking :S