S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 3 In The Works?

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 3 In The Works?

Rumors are swirling that work has begun on a new S.T.A.L.K.E.R [http://www.stalker-game.com/en/]. sequel.

Allegedly titled S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 3: Apocalyptic, the follow-up to this year's GSC Game World [http://cs.stalker-game.com/en/].

To reiterate: all this information sits squarely in the realm of unofficial rumor-dom. Admittedly, there is a slight air of "too good to be true" surrounding it all. Every improvement listed seems to tackle the most outstanding fan complaints of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. franchise. So is this wishful thinking in the guise of official information or the real deal? Hopefully we'll find out sooner rather than later.

Credit goes to the fans at Through the Looking Glass Forums [http://www.ttlg.com/FORUMS/showthread.php?t=124231] for translating the original Russian report.

meatloaf231

Old Man Glenn
Feb 13, 2008
Wheeee! I loved S.T.A.L.K.E.R, and I loved Clear Sky, so I'm guessing what I'm feeling is excitement.

Hevoo

Nov 29, 2008
Wouldnt that be STALKER 2 because Clear sky was a expac. Or maybe I'm missing something.

Ralackk

Aug 12, 2008
If they do the open world like oblivion/fallout 3 I will be more then happy. Though the first games had large area's they still were not as open and expansive as the either of the games mentioned before. I basically want oblivion sized open world with the stalker gameplay and atmosphere and a side order of brand new computer so I can actually play the damn thing.

fluffylandmine

Jul 23, 2008
Ralackk said:
If they do the open world like oblivion/fallout 3 I will be more then happy. Though the first games had large area's they still were not as open and expansive as the either of the games mentioned before. I basically want oblivion sized open world with the stalker gameplay and atmosphere and a side order of brand new computer so I can actually play the damn thing.
Don't we all?

And if this is true: "YAY!"

SunoffaBeach

Sep 24, 2008
Question:
I like the first game.
Should I buy Clear Sky? Are the bugs patched? Are there nice mods?

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
Ralackk said:
Yep, basically.

tendo82

Uncanny Valley Cave Dweller
Nov 30, 2007
SunoffaBeach said:
Question:
I like the first game.
Should I buy Clear Sky? Are the bugs patched? Are there nice mods?
Clear Sky is an amazing game. I'd go so far as to say it is the best game I've played in '08. I haven't beaten it and probably never will beat it, but even so I'm glad I played it and I'm glad every time I sit down to play it a little more. There's a minor development renaissance going on in these eastern block countries and GSC Gameworld is at the forefront.

GoldenShadow

May 13, 2008
Don't buy any new STALKER games until maybe 1 year after release, because they launch with so many bugs, you'll be forced to restart your game everytime a new patch comes out, and you'll need those patches to play it. I made a huge mistake. I preordered STALKER Clear sky, and that game crashes Vista 64 with a BSOD randomly, 5 to 60 minutes into the game.

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
GoldenShadow said:
Don't buy any new STALKER games until maybe 1 year after release, because they launch with so many bugs, you'll be forced to restart your game everytime a new patch comes out, and you'll need those patches to play it. I made a huge mistake. I preordered STALKER Clear sky, and that game crashes Vista 64 with a BSOD randomly, 5 to 60 minutes into the game.
They've already patched the hell out of those games. Tried booting it up recently?

Also this kinda goes without saying but the mod community makes unofficial patches too. Hell, what doesn't the mod community make?

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
Also this kinda goes without saying but the mod community makes unofficial patches too. Hell, what doesn't the mod community make?
The STALKER mod community is kinda what's great and not so great about STALKER at the same time. Because the fans end up fixing most of what GSC can't (or won't) do before and after they ship their games. So, while it's awesome that the franchise has so many enthusiastic modders, it also lets GSC basically leave their consumers handling quality control on the games they buy.