S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Coming to Steam

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky Coming to Steam

Steam [http://www.valvesoftware.com/]simultaneous with its regular retail release later this year.

"It's great to see a forward-thinking game maker like Gamasutra [http://www.gsc-game.com/], commenting on the next step in his company's quest for world domination. "By launching S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky on Steam on the same day that it's available in stores world wide, GCS Game World ensures that gamers can get their hands on this highly-anticipated game in the way that's most convenient for them."

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky is a prequel to the hit 2007 FPS S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl [http://www.stalker-game.com/en/]. Taking place one year earlier, Clear Sky will depict the Zone as it existed prior to the events in the original S.T.A.L.K.E.R.. Built on an updated version of the X-Ray engine which will support both DirectX9 an DirectX10, the game will feature new areas to explore, improved AI and the opportunity to join and lead any faction in the game.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky is currently slated for release later in 2008. More information is available at Steam [http://stalker-game.com/clearsky/index_en.html].

Melaisis

Dec 9, 2007
Well I'd be more shocked if a major release is not on Steam, TBH.

I don't know if its just me or whatever, but for a game so close to release, doesn't it seem that details about the exact plot are er... a little sketchy?

Following the estranged nature (not necessarily a bad thing, though) of its predecessor, I'm being cautious with this one.

REDPill357

Jan 5, 2008
Melaisis said:
I don't know if its just me or whatever, but for a game so close to release, doesn't it seem that details about the exact plot are er... a little sketchy?
Were you expecting details as clear as the sky above?

Possum-Man

Jan 21, 2008
Melaisis said:
It could be a good thing that they haven't released much about the plot, it almost means that it has no hype to live up to (yet), though it will have to be better than its predecessor to gain any kind of recognition.

I'll definitely be picking it up, but only because I enjoy running around in post/pre-apocalyptic environments with little more than a pair of jeans a jacket and a small-calibre gun to protect me from "crazy-shit".

P.M.

Dry Ice

Oct 15, 2007
I absolutly loved the first one, i cannot think of another game that i felt truley immersed into. I'll be updating my PC just for this (its due one any how!)

ComradeJim270

Nov 24, 2007
If you haven't already, feel free to read my review on the first one, it's in the appropriate forum. As I mentioned in that review, I am eagerly awaiting this game, and if it's on Steam? I'll probably download it as soon as the option becomes available!

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
STALKER was brilliant. I imported the collector's edition from the UK, and even though it was a little underwhelming as far as the CE contents went, I had no regrets. I was happy to fork over a few extra bucks to a company willing to put out a game like this. Easily the best shooter I've played in years, and while I won't be having anything to do with Steam, Clear Sky is absolutely at the top of my list.

Kadayi

Sep 6, 2007
Malygris said:
Easily the best shooter I've played in years, and while I won't be having anything to do with Steam, Clear Sky is absolutely at the top of my list.
Well given they've split with their publisher, Steam is probably the only place your likely to find it, I suggest you get over your inhibitions and join the 13 million people who happily use it.