Sad Batman Strikes Fear Into The Hearts Of Emo Criminals

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
Sad Batman Strikes Fear Into The Hearts Of Emo Criminals

Of course the Internet isn't having any of Zach Snyder's mopey Batman. And all is right.

Read Full Article

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
This fills me with joy. Thank you RossaLincoln. I like a dark batman story, but there's a limit to how much "Darkness! No Parents!" I can take.

Honestly, I think Snyder is the last person I would want in control of a Batman movie.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
7, 8, and 9 were my favorites...

7: It's almost impossible to look sad while wearing a sombrero...but as we all know: nothing is impossible for Batman.
8: I think he's more sad about dropping his icecream cone than he is about the paint job on the Batmobile.
9: Can be interpreted many different ways, my favorite is "I want a next-gen console, but they're all out of PS4's..."

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
In 4 he is sad because he is Catman. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catman_(comics)

You are probably one of those people who laughs with the audience even though you don't get the joke.

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
Lono Shrugged said:
In 4 he is sad because he is Catman. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catman_(comics)

You are probably one of those people who laughs with the audience even though you don't get the joke.
I know it's Catman - I linked to the source. I just went with a different pithy comment. Aaaaand made myself look like an idiot.

Lono Shrugged

May 7, 2009
RossaLincoln said:
Lono Shrugged said:

I know it's Catman - I linked to the source. I just went with a different pithy comment. Aaaaand made myself look like an idiot.
Haha, I wouldn't sweat it. How do you write a joke about Catman? He is enough of a joke.

Aramis Night

Mar 31, 2013
I really don't understand this. This is the story of a guy who got to watch both of his parents killed in front of his eye's and were supposed to mock that circumstance as not being worthy of the consequence of affecting a child's outlook? I just really don't understand this backlash against anything that comes across as remotely stoic. We even throw around terms like emo, when Batman is a character that despite his tragedy, he makes it a point to not react emotionally. To in fact shut them down. He doesn't play the victim. He simply is one without the need to flaunt it.

Too many people seem to revel in the idea that almost nothing should be taken seriously and if you do take things seriously that other's do not, then that is worthy of ridicule and dismissal. I would wager that people taking more things seriously would result in a better world, instead of people being passively apathetic and letting everything around them go to hell.

Now I know this seems like an awful lot to unload given the trite subject matter at hand over Affleck playing Batman in the rain looking sad, but would you really prefer that he trade places with the Jokers characterization? It just seems like an incredible thing to complain about given the subject matter, let alone attempt to start a meme storm over. Heroes often have tragic backgrounds, even Superman. As much as people want to harp on a more realistic view of how superman would be affected by his own tragedy, and mock him as emo Superman. I think the superman movie Snyder gave us made more sense than the 80's ones everyone clings to as the standard for how superman should be (as much as I enjoyed them as well).

I wonder how well all the critics here will fair when it is their own tragedy they are facing. I certainly hope they don't shed a tear when their own parents die. I would hate to have to judge them as emo.

Briantb

Feb 6, 2014
Aramis Night said:
I really don't understand this. This is the story of a guy who got to watch both of his parents killed in front of his eye's and were supposed to mock that circumstance as not being worthy of the consequence of affecting a child's outlook? I just really don't understand this backlash against anything that comes across as remotely stoic. We even throw around terms like emo, when Batman is a character that despite his tragedy, he makes it a point to not react emotionally. To in fact shut them down. He doesn't play the victim. He simply is one without the need to flaunt it.

Too many people seem to revel in the idea that almost nothing should be taken seriously and if you do take things seriously that other's do not, then that is worthy of ridicule and dismissal. I would wager that people taking more things seriously would result in a better world, instead of people being passively apathetic and letting everything around them go to hell.

Now I know this seems like an awful lot to unload given the trite subject matter at hand over Affleck playing Batman in the rain looking sad, but would you really prefer that he trade places with the Jokers characterization? It just seems like an incredible thing to complain about given the subject matter, let alone attempt to start a meme storm over. Heroes often have tragic backgrounds, even Superman. As much as people want to harp on a more realistic view of how superman would be affected by his own tragedy, and mock him as emo Superman. I think the superman movie Snyder gave us made more sense than the 80's ones everyone clings to as the standard for how superman should be (as much as I enjoyed them as well).

I wonder how well all the critics here will fair when it is their own tragedy they are facing. I certainly hope they don't shed a tear when their own parents die. I would hate to have to judge them as emo.
Kind of expected someone to take this stance. This is meant as humor nothing more. Take it as such and don't over analyze it.