Sailor Moon Cosplay Meets Punk And All Is Well

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
Sailor Moon Cosplay Meets Punk And All Is Well

Run, don't walk, to see how mashup cosplay is perfected. Plus bonus punk rock.

Read Full Article

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Guessing that Sailor Moon would have no problem going upside a monster's head with a chain or some brass knuckles. :D

OT: I like it, very nice change of pace from the normal styles you see with people cosplaying as the scouts.

RossaLincoln

Feb 4, 2014
Newhouse said:
McShizzle said:
Less punk, more Hot Topic. Still nice get ups though.
Hit it on the head there.
OTOH, once could argue that artistically and culturally speaking, "being punk" has become a kind of cosplay in and of itself. And Hot Topic is where you get the supplies. Zing.

More seriously, I do think Punk isn't really an extant form of music anymore (though I feel that way about most musical genres which peaked between 1955 and 1990). What do you guys think?

srpilha

Dec 24, 2008
Newhouse said:
is it dead? No. Has it evolved into something else or changed through time? Yes, and therein lies the debate of whether that change is an evolution or whether it bears no resemblance to its origin anymore and is a new "species".
Couldn't agree more. Same could be said of so many styles: hard rock, prog, gothic... and beyond popular music as well, how is minimalism today related to what it was in the late 60s, or does anyone still write spectral music "properly speaking"? It's always fascinating to see things evolve.

In the case of Punk, I'd say one important aspect to look at is the political side of it. Different contexts can only produce different forms of protest, even if protesting itself remains.

Which brings us to the ever important awesomeness of Bikini Kill, still relevant after all these years.
RIGHTS! RIGHTS! YOU'VE GOT RIGHTS!

Cool cosplaying too, btw :)
Can't help but feel sorry for Sailor Pluto, though, what with becoming a dwarf sailor and stuff.

Fuloqwam

Jul 29, 2009
These girls need some additional credit for sticking it out through some real nasty weather. Even when it started snowing (heavy, wet snow), they'd group up and pose until everyone had gotten their perfect photo.