Saints Row 3 DLC- Any good?

Gone Rampant

Feb 12, 2012
So I'm planning on catching up on the second and third Saints Rows games in preperation for Saints Row 4. As far as I can tell, I can just avoid 2's paid DLC, but Saints Row 3 has a *Lot* of DLC.

So in short, what DLC's good for Saints Row 3?

Username Redacted

Dec 29, 2010
I didn't find any of it to be especially worthwhile. SR3 more or less turned me off of the idea of a season pass by itself. Given how insubstantial the SR3 DLC is I can't imagine that it ties into SR4 in any way. In short the DLC is kind of fun but it's stuff that should have been in the game to begin with.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Gone Rampant said:
You just missed SR3 - it was on sale on Steam until..earlier today, along with all DLC. I bought it as there was a free weekend, too. And it's nice. I was told to not bother with the non-story DLC but it was actually cheaper to buy them all. Anyway, I'd agree - don't get the non-story ones - those include new guns, outfits and vehicle. The game isn't hard IMO and getting access to a friggin tank from the beginning is not my kind of thing. You do get your own tank, later on, too. The outfits are also not that great - I liked one hat

as I like bowler hats in general but very few games feature them. SR3 has like 3 or 4 fedoras, on the other hand. Also, one of the DLCs has a gun that makes sharks eat your enemies. OK, that, I admit, is really awesome, get it if you can.

As for story DLC, though - I only started one (with professor Genki) and it's good. I've yet to play the rest, but one is called Gangstas in Space. Yeah, it should be about what the name implies. I'm leaving it for last to enjoy it more.

Diablo2000

Tiger Robocop
Aug 29, 2010
The Professor Geki one is just more minigames, if you are into that then great.
I did enjoy Gangstas in Space, really liked the new arsenal and veichile, story wise is alright.
The clone one was meh, but at the end you get your first taste of super powers.

ThriKreen

May 26, 2006
Gone Rampant said:
The story based ones are probably your best bet, as the others are mostly weapons and cosmetic. How you value the DLC is up to you however.

Smertnik

Apr 5, 2010
The season pass includes everything worthwhile (i.e. the three mission packs), the rest is mostly junk.

tippy2k2

Beloved Tyrant
Legacy
Mar 15, 2008
I thought "Gangsta's in Space" was quite possibly the funniest and greatest DLC mission in any game ever...

The other ones I could take or leave (although the "Clone" one had some cool moments) but Ganstas was just plain hilarious. I had the "Complete Edition" that gave you all the DLC so I'm not sure what cosmetic stuff was in-game and what was DLC so you're on your own for that.

L4Y Duke

Nov 24, 2007
Yeah, the 3 main DLC (Genki, Space and Clones) are the ones that are least likely to make you regret their purchase. The others, meh.

I did get a few of the others myself, but only the ones I was sort of interested in, and the Ultor Assassin pack was not a good choice. The outfit in it does look kinda good, but there's a hole in the model for male characters that wear it.

However, the soldier one with the grenade launcher was kinda neat, as the outfit is made of parts and not one whole piece, allowing you to mix and match with other clothes. The gun in that pack is kinda cool, too.