Saints Row: Gat out of Hell Musical Trailer released

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
So the Saints Row: Gat out of Hell Musical Trailer was released today. Can't see why so many people in the comments are complaining, the trailer makes me want to buy it. Looks fun and over-the-top. I like that.

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Well Gat's VA should be doing Broadway with that beautiful voice. Not gonna lie, I was laughing pretty hard. Stupid, random, and pretty much completely pointless. All while being hilarious and fun. To five traits I use to describe Saints Row. I'll be buying this when it comes out, looks like a blast.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Looks great, I'll buy it on steam sale, just like I've bought all the Saints Row games.

One thing I'm worried about though, anyone else think that Hell is just going to be an exact copy of Steelport but with a demonic reskin?

ninja666

May 17, 2014
I think that at this point they're trying a little too hard. I'm not excited for this game at all, since they've shown with Saints Row IV that their idea well is all dried out.

Dirty Hipsters said:
One thing I'm worried about though, anyone else think that Hell is just going to be an exact copy of Steelport but with a demonic reskin?
Quite possible. Maybe they'll also throw in some sequences in Stilwater for the sake of "diversity".

StormShaun

The Basement has been unleashed!
Feb 1, 2009
Elfgore said:
Well Gat's VA should be doing Broadway with that beautiful voice. Not gonna lie, I was laughing pretty hard. Stupid, random, and pretty much completely pointless. All while being hilarious and fun. To five traits I use to describe Saints Row. I'll be buying this when it comes out, looks like a blast.
Daniel Dae Kim is a damn good voice actor.
I have to admit, I've loved him from the first game to this.

Now with the musical trailer. I just loved how I kept thinking they were making fun of frozen.
I might pick this up.

CrazyBlaze

Jul 12, 2011
Dirty Hipsters said:
Looks great, I'll buy it on steam sale, just like I've bought all the Saints Row games.

As far as the way the map is set up, we can breath a sigh of relief. Now how the buildings look and such will be a different story but we will just have to wait and see.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
Now I really want to get that game. I'm still super skeptical about buying a Saint's Row game that doesn't feature The Boss, that's... just... not a Saint's Row game anymore, but the character lineup they have is looking pretty good already.

Saint's Row is generally great at making characters. The story of 3 and 4 transcends our knowledge of stupid, but the characters have always been really well-rounded and I love their interactions, I'm always happy when another knew character (like Oleg from 3 and CID from 4) is added to the crew. I've loved Kinzie and I guess I like Gat, and so far Satan and his daughter look great. Especially Satan, that dude could sing.

Really, I'm sold on this game because this trailer showed off their strong voice actors and how closely they could make a Broadway number off of their silly story. Not a second of gameplay needed.

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
If the entire game plays out like a broadway musical, that would be amazing. And for all the shit some people give Saints Row IV about being 'too silly' I still found it had a lot more heart than most games available today, silly or not, so hopefully this will be more of the same.

It's going to be strange not playing as The Boss though. Dang.

Ten Foot Bunny

I'm more of a dishwasher girl
Mar 19, 2014
And THIS is why Saints Row is my favorite franchise of all time! I'm seriously looking forward to January 20 now.

Rednog

Nov 3, 2008
Dirty Hipsters said:

It is a $20 expansion to Saints Row 4, so I honestly would not expect a new map, to be honest for that price I really don't have that much of a problem. Any more of the current Saints is just more icing on the series imo. Especially since 4 was supposed to be the close of the group never to be seen again.
That and the Ultor building in hell just made me smile.

DataSnake

Aug 5, 2009
Am I the only one reminded of the old South Park movie?

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
My only complaint is that it's weird to not be The Boss President of the United States. I mean, I frakking love the Saints. In all of their adventures. I'm not as big a fan of the sheer volume of DLC that's all accessories (DLC should be for expansions, like this, in my mind), but I still love me some Saints. A musical? Hell yes. Ultor in Hell? Double Hell yes. Gat's only working plan is to shoot Satan in the face? I'm on board. Especially if it means The POTUS is going to break into Heaven to REALLY become the head of ALL Saints.

DataSnake said:
Am I the only one reminded of the old South Park movie?
I would be surprised if that comparison wasn't intentional.

Username Redacted

Dec 29, 2010
This looks absolutely glorious. Kind of wish they'd gotten Tim Curry for Satan but whoever they've got (IMDB isn't cooperating) sounds solid.

CrazyBlaze

Jul 12, 2011
Rednog said:
Dirty Hipsters said:

It is a $20 expansion to Saints Row 4, so I honestly would not expect a new map, to be honest for that price I really don't have that much of a problem. Any more of the current Saints is just more icing on the series imo. Especially since 4 was supposed to be the close of the group never to be seen again.
That and the Ultor building in hell just made me smile.
According to this there is a new map. Its smaller than Steelport but like you said for $20 its hard to complain. Its also apparently built with the super powers in mind unlike SRIV.

[link]http://www.pcworld.com/article/2599734/saints-row-gat-out-of-hell-preview-this-game-has-an-armchair-that-fires-rockets.html[/link]

Guilion said:
Did they change Gat's voice? It sounded waaaaaay less snarky than usual (Then again, he was singing). Other than that this looks great!

By the way does anyone know if this is going to be DLC for SR4 or a new game with the same engine (Like Far Cry Blood Dragon)?
Nope. Its the same guy that has been voicing Johnny since the beginning. I'm fairly certain its running on the same engine as the past two games but I don't know for sure.

Dr. Thrax

Dec 5, 2011
Oh my god this was like a fucking Disney movie.
I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE.
Thank god it's only going to be $20, and it's a stand-alone expansion!
So those who don't have SRIV can still get this!
BUT I NEED THIS IN MY LIFE LAST MONTH.
Satan's daughter's fucking adorable, too.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
It's only $20 and I feel like I'm getting at least a $40 value. I mean they've put serious talent just into this trailer. Yeah it's been getting wackier since Saints Row 2 (I never played the first game) but still that's not a bad thing. There's so many boring crime dramas both in games and TV so sometimes you need something this absurd to get away from the tedium.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
Xan Krieger said:
There's so many boring crime dramas both in games and TV so sometimes you need something this absurd to get away from the tedium.
lolwat? There are many crime dramas in in games? As if wacky games aren't saturated but SR has gone in another direction by being too simplistic, too 2 dimensional.

I would appreciate any game that treats me with some degree of intelligence but this trailer hur-dur dat symlizim iz to hrad to undeztansz.