Saints Row IV Adds Obama Avatar in Pre-Order Bonus

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
Saints Row IV Adds Obama Avatar in Pre-Order Bonus

Gamers who pre-order Saints Row IV at GameStop will be eligible for the bonus Presidential Pack DLC.

In past years Saints Row has embraced ridiculousness like a religion, presenting gamers with experiences that practically dare them to behave as crazy as humanly possible. No exception to that rule, <a href=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/10521-Saints-Row-IV-Review-Hilarious-and-Over-The-Top?utm_source=reviews&utm_medium=index_carousel&utm_campaign=all>Saints Row IV literally elects your character president and sets you to the task of saving the world from aliens with superpowers. Perhaps fearing that that somehow wasn't nuts enough, Deep Silver and Volition have announced new pre-order incentives that will give players the chance to play as presidents from real life.

Gamers who pre-order Saints Row IV at GameStop or EB Games, and pickup their copy within 48 hours of its August 20th release date, will receive a token granting them access to the Presidential Pack DLC. "With this DLC you can live out your wildest dreams of being one of the most famous American Presidents or dress up your President like a real American Revolutionary," said Deep Silver in <a href=http://newsletter.deepsilver.com/sr4-1/email_com.html>a newsletter. Supplies of the Presidential Pack will be limited so interested consumers will probably want to make sure they adhere to the aforementioned two day deadline .

While Deep Silver doesn't mention any specific presidents by name, the newsletter announcing the pre-order bonus includes images of cartoonish versions of Abe Lincoln, Barack Obama and George W. Bush. We don't about know you, but we think it's a safe bet to say those three at least will be included in the Presidential Pack. We'll express some disappointment at the lack of a <a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Howard_Taft>William Howard Taft avatar, but we'll just have to assume his mustache was too much for even Saints Row IV to handle.

Source: <a href=http://newsletter.deepsilver.com/sr4-1/email_com.html>Deep Silver

Trucken

Jan 26, 2009
If this pack doesn't have Theodore Roosevelt and Andrew Jackson... I'll be very disappointed. Seriously Volition, Teddy and Ol' Hickory.

Zeren

Aug 6, 2011
Now I can be the president and drone strike innocent people just like the real Obama!

romxxii

Feb 18, 2010
It's a no sell unless using Obama makes all the citizens yell "Thanks, Obama!" after he tears up the streets.

Jul 31, 2013
Where's Bill "Pimpin'" Clinton? Andrew "motherfucking" Jackson? Teddy "Theodore" "Tyrranosaurus" Roosevelt? Get to it, Deep Silver!!!

Xman490

Doctorate in Danger
May 29, 2010
This brings to mind a disappointing downfall of the game's character creation: there is no option to have the President here sound like a recent real President. I might have preordered if one of the voices available was a Midwestern accent like Obama's, like Clinton's, or close to Bush's. Instead we have the plain Eastern accent, the deeper accent befitting a Black person's, and the rough British accent (we've all come to know and love, I guess). Basically, all the same male voices.

Also, there's no more Russian woman accent, nor Zombie grumbling. I am disappointed.

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
This is awesome. I'm torn between playing a warmongering bully Obama (dressed as a rodeo clown?) or just plain Ronald Raygun (I assume).

Also major props to Deep Silver for being nonpartisan.

AkaDad

Jun 4, 2011
Ask not what your country can do for you - ask what you can do with a big purple dildo.

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
With this pack as inspiration, it'll be roughly 15 seconds after launch before a modder comes out with a Nixon's Head in a Jar model.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
romxxii said:
It's a no sell unless using Obama makes all the citizens yell "Thanks, Obama!" after he tears up the streets.
If that actually became a thing, I think I would piss myself laughing then pass out from the oxygen deprivation caused by laughing so much.

We gotta send a letter to volition about this. GOTY 2013 right there.

superline51

Nov 18, 2009
They need to make not your character have Obama's face, but all the bad guys, so I can shoot the jackass in the face.

Compatriot Block

Jan 28, 2009
Zeren said:
Now I can be the president and drone strike innocent people just like the real Obama!
Not really relevant to the subject, dood.
superline51 said:
They need to make not your character have Obama's face, but all the bad guys, so I can shoot the jackass in the face.
What the hell is wrong with you? How on earth did you think that was appropriate?

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Need a John Adams avatar too, so I can play as my ancestor... And get revolutionary on their alien asses. Don't tread on me bucko. And how in the hell can you have a 'murica without a George Washington avatar?
So unamerican.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
kreekgod said:
i already pre-ordered on steam... no president heads for me i guess
Since it prolly a largely cosmetic thing only all you have to do is wait for people to figure out the face formulas and then you will be set.

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
But I want Clinton, both Bill and Hillary!
And why no Dick Cheney, he could give shotguns bonus damage!