Saints Row IV Gets Yet Another Collector's Edition

Fanghawk

Feb 17, 2011
Saints Row IV Gets Yet Another Collector's Edition

The new Saints Row IV Game of the Generation Edition gives you physical loot to use when displaying your loot.

It's hard to imagine another series that embraces excess as an art form quite like the Saints Row series. The franchise started life as a Grant Theft Auto sandbox, only to somehow become a Crackdown-styled superhero game. Saints Row IV's Super Dangerous Wub Wub set already embodies a distinct lack of seriousness, and now Deep Silver is stepping forward with yet another limited edition. The Saints Row IV Game of the Generation pack doesn't only include extras from the previous collector's set, it features a rotating light-up display case perfect for showing off your game to visiting friends and family.

The Game of the Generation edition can be purchased for $129.99, and gives you a copy of the game, a "Display Case of Everlasting Glory", and a velvet pouch specifically for said case. You'll also get the physical goods from the Super Dangerous Wub Wub Edition, including a 12-inch Dubstep gun, an 8-inch miniature of Johnny Gat, and a Dubstep Doomsday button. Finally, pre-orders will include the Commander in Chief in-game items, specifically the 'Merica weapon, the Uncle Sam costume, and the Screaming Eagle Jet.

All told, the Game of the Generation edition sounds like a highly appropriate copy of the game to buy, and still gives fans a few weeks to change their pre-orders if they so choose. Saints Row IV will launch for PC, Xbox 360, and PS3 on August 20, 2013.

Source: <a href=http://www.polygon.com/2013/7/26/4559890/saints-row-4-game-of-the-generation-edition>Polygon

Erttheking

Legacy
Oct 5, 2011
Country
United States
A twelve inch dubstep gun. Well, this is certainly something to keep an eye on.

SerBrittanicus

Jul 22, 2013
Why a statue of Johnny Gat? Spoiler just in case somebody hasn't played "The Third" yet.

Were we not led to believe Johnny Gat was killed off in "The Third" even though he is brought back kind of as a brute and then at the end again as a zombie. I hope this is a sign they will be bringing him back to the game, because that death in number 3 was pretty bloody crappy for somebody who had played a major role in the first two games.

Phrozenflame500

Dec 26, 2012
Germanicus said:
Were we not led to believe Johnny Gat was killed off in "The Third" even though he is brought back kind of as a brute and then at the end again as a zombie. I hope this is a sign they will be bringing him back to the game, because that death in number 3 was pretty bloody crappy for somebody who had played a major role in the first two games.
They confirmed it a while ago:

Anyways, I'm still not entirely convinced SRIV will be any good. Hopefully they're really trying to live up to the promise of "Game of the Generation" and are not just trying to get as much pre-order cash as possible.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Germanicus said:
Why a statue of Johnny Gat? Spoiler just in case somebody hasn't played "The Third" yet.

Johnny is coming back in Saints Row IV, and I'm not tagging it as a spoiler because there's a trailer for it.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
So I'd basically pay about 10? for an additional game case? Eh, I think I'll stay with my CE, it already has all I could ask for except for a hugely inconvenient way to store my game case.

The Great JT

Oct 6, 2008
Have I mentioned I love how over-the-top the Saints Row devs' collective ids are? Because I do.

Also, Game of the Generation is an awesome name for an a game with such a great legacy that Saints Row is making. You could make a thesis on how you went from a relatively-straight gang warfare game like the original Saints Row to...whatever you would classify Saints Row 4 as. Personally I classify it as "Human Id Simulation," but that's just me.

ellers07

Feb 24, 2013
Tempting. Very tempting. I just recently played Saints Row III for the first time. I had no idea what I was missing out on! I can't wait to try out the fourth.

ClanCrusher

Constructive Critic
Mar 11, 2010
Ehh...looks nice, but I think I'll wait for the Saint's Row Game of the Super Fude-Coated Finger Lickin' Deity Shaming Fourth Wall Breaking Millennium edition. I hear it includes your very own light-up hyper-realistic 'illegal in forty-nine states' dildo gun.

Yopaz

Sarcastic overlord
Jun 3, 2009
Saints Row The Third was too much of a disappointment for me to risk getting a collector's edition of this. I also don't have the room for it. I will get it regardless of reviews and I might even pre-order it depending on how much money I got, but as of right now X-com looks more likely than Saints Row.

Doom972

Dec 25, 2008
Germanicus said:

The DLC was entirely narrated by the nerd guy (can't remember his name), so it's probably not canon. As for the zombie, I don't recall that part.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
Is this what desperation looks like? It sure looks like what desperation should look like.

Doom972 said:
The DLC was entirely narrated by the nerd guy (can't remember his name), so it's probably not canon. As for the zombie, I don't recall that part.
"Zombie Gat" is a homie unlocked (I think) at the end of the game. He's basically like Lynn and Carlos except you don't have to call Eye For An Eye.

Oh, and the nerd is Jimmy Torbitson. I call him "Steve."

In any event, they promised a really super cool explanation for why Gat's coming back, so....

shintakie10

Sep 3, 2008
Zachary Amaranth said:
Is this what desperation looks like? It sure looks like what desperation should look like.

Doom972 said:
"Zombie Gat" is a homie unlocked (I think) at the end of the game. He's basically like Lynn and Carlos except you don't have to call Eye For An Eye.

Oh, and the nerd is Jimmy Torbitson. I call him "Steve."

In any event, they promised a really super cool explanation for why Gat's coming back, so....
Well, he's naked and drippin some form of goo from what looks like the same alien ship level the boss wakes up in at some point. I assume cloning is involved, but not shitty cloning like The Trouble With Clones.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
shintakie10 said:
Well, he's naked and drippin some form of goo from what looks like the same alien ship level the boss wakes up in at some point. I assume cloning is involved, but not shitty cloning like The Trouble With Clones.
I just assumed "aliens." Anything more specific is giving more thought to the situation than Volition put into it.

MarsProbe

Circuitboard Seahorse
Dec 13, 2008
I'm no Saints Row fan, but nonetheless, I feel obliged to applaud the sheer excess of all this. After all, "Game of the Generation" edition - really? :) I expect the "Best Game of All Time" edition to be announced shortly, which will also come bundled with a live octopus, or something.