Saints Row IV Now DRM-Free on GOG, Saints Row 2 Free for 48 Hours

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Saints Row IV Now DRM-Free on GOG, Saints Row 2 Free for 48 Hours

//cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/1399/1399325.jpgThe Saints are taking their open world mayhem to GOG.com, and you can get Saints Row 2 for free for a limited time.

Saints Row's insane open-world action has been a favorite of gamers for years, and now you can pick up their latest adventures completely DRM-free. Yes, Deep Silver has brought Saints Row IV and Gat Out of Hell to GOG.com.

To celebrate, Deep Silver is giving away a free copy of Saints Row 2 on GOG until 6 AM ET Saturday morning. All you need to do to get yours is head over to GOG [https://www.gog.com/], log in to your account, and claim the game on the home page.

If you happen to have any Saints Row games on Steam, you can transfer them to GOG by heading over to connect.gog.com [http://connect.gog.com], link your Steam account, and claim any available games.

There's also a week-long Deep Silver sale going on where you can get 75 percent off on all Deep Silver games on GOG, including the Saints Row, Metro, and Risen franchises. You can find all the deals on the GOG sale page [https://www.gog.com/promo/20170420_special_promo_deep_silver].

[gallery=7239]

Bindal

May 14, 2012
Only downside of Saints Row 2: The port is horrible and the two story DLCs never made it there.
Former can be fixed via mods, but I think the latter are never going to be playable on PC. :/

Also, sale on Steam, so if you want to own them on both, you can pick them up on Steam first and then add them on GoG.

Nismu

Mar 4, 2015
If you try SR2 i really recommend spending moment in key config , default ones are really awful, at least for me. When i switched them to closer what 3 & 4 had it was lot better.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
i remember playing saints row 2 a couple of years ago and finding out that finally i had a computer fast enough to run it.. its that poorly optomised of a port

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Bindal said:
Only downside of Saints Row 2: The port is horrible and the two story DLCs never made it there.
Former can be fixed via mods, but I think the latter are never going to be playable on PC. :/
If there's a silver lining, only one of those DLC was worth playing.

Bindal

May 14, 2012
008Zulu said:
Bindal said:
If there's a silver lining, only one of those DLC was worth playing.
Not really - as even the out-of-story content can be worth it. But, as it stands, the DLC is just nowhere to be seen. And it seems unlikely that so many years later (even after a change of publisher that is a bit more open minded about these things), it gets changed.
So, yeah, as PC player, I probably wouldn't get the second game if it weren't free.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Considering how SR2 is a pile of crap, I don't see the benefit of giving it away for free.
Now SR3 and 4, those are great.

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
I enjoyed Saints Row 2. The version I played has some graphical glitches, and the controls don't exactly encourage you to try to maneuver on top of high rooftops, but it's still fun- and certainly worth playing for free.

It also has a pretty damn impressive voice cast.