Saints Row IV Trailer Shows War for Humanity

bug_of_war

Nov 30, 2012
Saints Row is that game that is constantly evolving, so I don't know why some people are having a whinge about. Saints Row 1 was a GTA clone, Saints Row 2 up the silliness and became it's own game where in which the storyline could be played nearly any way you wanted to, Saints Row The Third shows what happens when a power hungry gang gets the power, and Saints Row 4 is just adding to it. To all the die hard SR2 people saying that the protagonist was so much better in 2, I might just remind you that many complaints about the protagonist in SR2 was that he was far too violent. Yeah, I'm not joking, go and look on the wiki.

Saints Row 4 looks awesome, and I can't wait till I can pre order it. Bring it on.

major_chaos

Ruining videogames
Feb 3, 2011
Frylock72 said:
general comedic tone.
I really don't understand this. Am I doing something wrong? because to me Saints Row 2 wasn't a comedy game, it was dark, like pure jet black make someone like me who normally finds depravity entertaining really deeply uncomfortable levels of dark. And after all that any attempts it made to be "funny" seemed like slapping a clown mask on a corpse and telling me its comedy.

OT: I really hope this has some actual quality to it. We need more Blood Dragon style OTT games.

Username Redacted

Dec 29, 2010
SR4 is looking better than SR3. Also I was pretty sure I wasn't imagining things and I wasn't. I killed Keith David (or at least the character he voiced) in SR2.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
l3o2828 said:
The only way I will like this game as a Saints Row Game is if H. Jon Benjamin Is one of the Male voice packs.
Holy Christ, that would be the best thing to ever happen.

It'd be hilarious if, after this one, the fifth Saints game goes back to the first two games, being much more down to earth and 'realistic' (Especially the first, which just felt like the first quarter of GTA San Andreas with the heavy focus on gangs).

Fox12

AccursedT- see you space cowboy
Jun 6, 2013
Ladies and gentlemen, I present the game of the year. The first game to win an academy award. All the academy awards, actually.

Chester Rabbit

Dec 7, 2011
I can?t explain it there?s just something about this game. It all just seems like something a little kid with ADD would put together. It?s just so unfocussed
I mean I would be fine if we had this really serious premise but the whole way through the story it didn't take itself seriously and was all jokes. You know like Blood Dragon, but...after seeing the game, no still not soled. I mean, a dub step gun, ripping off all the gameplay from Prototype I just can?t get into this.

No even that?s not saying it right. I still can?t quite articulate what it is that snags me about this.

Interesting to see they brought Keith David back.

Judgment90

Sep 4, 2012
I have a feeling that Gat will be making an appearance in the game, despite his death. Since he's so popular, Volition will find a reason to have him in the game.

Also, it looks like Keith David will be the celebrity cameo of the game.

[Kira Must Die]

Incubator
Sep 30, 2009
That's it. I'm sold. This looks so fucking stupid that I have to have it. While I had some problems with Saint's Row the Third, and I was sceptical of this when I saw the first trailer, the more I see it the more stupid fun it looks.

fozzy360

I endorse Jurassic Park
Oct 20, 2009
There's a limit where over-the-top becomes boring and not very fun. SR4 has clearly crossed that line, because it just looks beyond stupid now.

And stop with your "you just don't like fun" argument. I did when it was called SR2, which didn't have to pander to random humor and goofy idiocy just because it thought that's the reason it was fun to begin with.

Plus, if it has any of the huge flaws that SR3 had, then there's now way I'm coming back to this series.

Joffas16

Jun 6, 2013
Hmmm, this just looks like more of Saints Row: The Third to me, which is a shame because I didn't like that game very much. I was hoping that "The Third" would just be the goofy black sheep of the Saints Row family and the fourth installment would go back to being another awesome spiritual successor to GTA: San Andreas, but now it looks like this over-the-top 'wackiness' is here to stay. Oh well, I suppose I can always just go and buy back my copy of Saints Row 2 for 20 dollars and pick this one up after the price drops.

Fijiman

I am THE PANTS!
Legacy
Dec 1, 2011
Well I guess it's a good thing my brother already pre-ordered this thing because I wouldn't pay money to play this.

OutcastBOS

Elite Member
Sep 20, 2009
I really didn't like 3 all that much, and 4 looks about the same as that. That being said, BENJAMIN MOTHERFUCKING KING IS BACK! I wonder if guys like Donnie will be back too, and hoping for Gat.

It really kinda hurts because I really didn't like that Saints Row went full retard, but I can't help myself from still loving the series. Also, I'm gonna miss Michael Clarke Duncan as Ben King. ;_;