Saints Row IV Unveils $1 Million Special Preorder Edition

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
<insert Dr. Evil here>

Is the "Remove or Amend" disclaimer specifically valid post-order? That's an odd and suspicious thing to include.

Longstreet

Jun 16, 2012
Let me go get my spare change sock.

In all honestly, i would get it right now, if i had the money of course.

Time to start saving up i guess, just 999.999$ to go.

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
The Plunk said:
This almost sounds like it would be worth the price.

synobal said:
The best part
Koch Media especially reserve the right to remove or amend contents of the Super Dangerous Wad Wad Edition.
Give the Koch Brothers 1 mil and give them the right to give you nothing in exchange. Awesome, I know I trust the Koch brothers.
Koch Media is a German company and has nothing to do with those Kochs that you're thinking of. Just so y'know.

I still find that disclaimer to be rather suspect though!
Ah good to know, I saw the word Koch and well I know they have a media conglomerate. It seemed logical.

Sinocenturion

Sep 3, 2012
This is a real bad deal! According to Ars Technica, this bundle, if all the individual components were bought separately, is only worth $629,974.69! So basically, Deep Silver will need to throw in something extra to make it really worthwhile. Maybe a presidential yacht or something?

Anyway, here's the Ars Technica link for the price breakdown: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/08/do-not-buy-the-1000000-saints-row-iv-bundle/

NightHawk21

Dec 8, 2010
Sinocenturion said:
This is a real bad deal! According to Ars Technica, this bundle, if all the individual components were bought separately, is only worth $629,974.69! So basically, Deep Silver will need to throw in something extra to make it really worthwhile. Maybe a presidential yacht or something?

Anyway, here's the Ars Technica link for the price breakdown: http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/08/do-not-buy-the-1000000-saints-row-iv-bundle/
Someone broke it down further on Reddit and come with a similar number, but depending on what is included in some of the variable components (the surgery, car, trip, etc), it could be between there and 750k. Also they won't need to throw anything in. They point is still to make a profit. Someone on reddit further broke it down and worked it out to be a 33% mark up, which isn't uncommon for preorders (some have gone for much more). And I think we can all agree that the person buying this is doing it as much for the prestige as anything else.

Quazimofo

Aug 30, 2010
Doom972 said:
In my experience, whenever a company tries to oversell a game with crazy pre-order editions, the game is overhyped and not worth the money.

This isn't in response to this particular edition, but to all of them.
And were it any other game, I would agree. However, this being saint's row, I appreciate the level of silliness they put in the pre-orders/promotions.

I just wish they wouldn't tell us about of the silly weapons and such. I really wish I had never heard of the dubstep gun until I got it in game, because I think I would have died of laughter. Not unlike how I did when I first saw the fully upgraded stun grenade in SR3

OCAdam

Oct 13, 2010
So uhm, is this just an attempt to get a record on most expensive pre-order? Or rather take it from Grid 2's Mono Edition (or whatever holds the record now)? Honestly dunno why someone would want a Gallardo and a Prius. If it was an Aventador, then it'd be really nice.

Glaice

Mar 18, 2013
Just more hype to the max, that is I am seeing. The series ended with SR3 for me.

briankoontz

May 17, 2010
This preorder is a hot mess, just like the game's going to be.

OCAdam: Aventadors are about twice as expensive, but if Koch Media really had balls they would swap that in for the Gallardo, since according to reports they would still be making a nice profit from the deal.

deserteagleeye

Sep 8, 2010
The catch is that the Hostage Rescue experience is very realistic and you will be doing it first. You'll have access to all the other prizes after being rescued, if you survive that long...

AlotFirst

Mar 29, 2011
synobal said:
The best part
Koch Media especially reserve the right to remove or amend contents of the Super Dangerous Wad Wad Edition.
Give the Koch Brothers 1 mil and give them the right to give you nothing in exchange. Awesome, I know I trust the Koch brothers.
This comment would have been so cool if the Koch Media enterprise had anything at all to do with the Koch Brothers. :D

EDIT: DAMMIT, ninjas everywhere. Ignoring this post seems fairly acceptable to me.

EDIT2: Misspelled ninjas.

Zeckt

Nov 10, 2010
If I had a million dollars to spare I would not be spending it on video games. I would .... Oh who am I kidding? Of course I would still play video games all the time!

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
Omegatronacles said:
Does it make me a bad person that I would consider this if I had the money?
Nope. I would spend the money in a heartbeat if I was filthy rich. A trip to space? That alone is worth a whole lot of cash to me.

BlumiereBleck

Dec 11, 2008
Well, this is interesting, I love how the company is going all out, but what about us simple folk! The yokels and locals who do not have a million dollars to spend?