Saints Row the AWESOME!

Azure-Supernova

La-li-lu-le-lo!
Aug 5, 2009
Slap me in the face and call me backwards, but I'm actually looking forward to the story... I'm hoping that the characters have the same larger than life personalities that they had in Saints Row 2 and that the customisation will make each playthrough feel different. So doing mini-games for respect to do missions got annoying by the end of the game, but it was worth it just to see everything unfold.

Also if Volition pull another turnaround-smackyouintheface emotional scene (which they did surprisingly fucking well) I might just have to buy a few Volition shares in good faith.

Badassassin

Jan 16, 2010
That one mission impossible looking thing in the trailer. You know, where the guy is sliding down the side of the skyscraper then jumps off? Yeah. I needed to change my pants.

neonsword13-ops

~ Struck by a Smooth Criminal ~
Mar 28, 2011
Already pre-ordered and payed off.

I'm so making a zombie pimp. With a huge package. I shall name him... Zom-boner Van Beefhammer. Maybe a fat asian girl with a russian accent.

Only Spongebob can express my true feeling for this game.

spinFX

Aug 18, 2008
Mr Thin said:
Probably the plot/story. I know it's a ridiculous thing to look forward to in a game like this, but there it is.

My favourite part of Saints Row 2 was that I got to see my shirtless, blue-haired, anorexic, dual-revolver-wielding maniac kick ass and take names in a delicious combination of gameplay and awesome cut-scenes (I love cut-scenes, always will, sorry Yahtzee).

You don't rise to the top of the criminal underworld in a city by being calm and reasonable; watching my guy ride the wave of insanity and ruthlessness to the top was an experience of pure joy, and it was only possible because the game made a plot that supported it. I have rarely felt so attached to a character, customised or otherwise.
You make me so happy with this post.

I LOVED SR1 and SR2 for this reason.

That and the fun... the customization (vehicles and character).

OH MAN I CAN'T WAIT!

sta697

Mar 31, 2011
Mr Thin said:
Probably the plot/story. I know it's a ridiculous thing to look forward to in a game like this, but there it is.

My favourite part of Saints Row 2 was that I got to see my shirtless, blue-haired, anorexic, dual-revolver-wielding maniac kick ass and take names in a delicious combination of gameplay and awesome cut-scenes (I love cut-scenes, always will, sorry Yahtzee).

You don't rise to the top of the criminal underworld in a city by being calm and reasonable; watching my guy ride the wave of insanity and ruthlessness to the top was an experience of pure joy, and it was only possible because the game made a plot that supported it. I have rarely felt so attached to a character, customised or otherwise.
the plot and the characters was the best thing about the 2.i mean you have johny gat and you a maniac that wants to have fun while taking over a city

captaincabbage

Apr 8, 2010
Irridium said:
The rickshaw battles.

Those are a thing in this game.
Those had better be a thing in multiplayer, oh dear god those had better be a thing!

I've since come to the conclusion that every argument againt SR3 can be successfully rebutted with "Hoverbikes. Your argument is invalid.".

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
Always been a fan of Saints Row since I played it the first time ever years ago. Saints Row 2, my guy was so crazy he had his eyes tattoo'd and then just wore shades over them so you couldnt even see the tattoo!

Its just... so... CRAZY-AWESOME!

Kinguendo

Apr 10, 2009
captaincabbage said:
Irridium said:
The rickshaw battles.

Those are a thing in this game.
Those had better be a thing in multiplayer, oh dear god those had better be a thing!

I've since come to the conclusion that every argument againt SR3 can be successfully rebutted with "Hoverbikes. Your argument is invalid.".
Rick-shaw battle races... like they used to have in Rome... BUT WITH LAZERS! Oh thats right, people dont work too good when you melt their face right off of their face place!

Stormz

Jul 4, 2009
I want to get the game badly, but I can only afford one new release before Christmas and that will be Skyrim. Unfortunately I shall have to wait until after the Holidays to get Saints Row the Third. I recently just beat the 2nd one and it was amazingly fun.

MercurySteam

Tastes Like Chicken!
Legacy
Apr 11, 2008
I've got both a male [http://www.saintsrow.com/community/characters/details/126189308842613372] and a female [http://www.saintsrow.com/au/community/characters/details/126189308842635677] character ready to rock. Cannot wait for November 15th!

twistedheat15

Sep 29, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
twistedheat15 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Just been catching up on gameplay trailers, getting myself more hyped for the game, and bloody hell.

[HEADING=2]This game is batshit fucking crazy![/HEADING]

Set phasers for fun!

Man cannons? Beating dudes to death with a purple dildo? Jumping out of a flying plane, shooting up bad guys, then going through the windscreen of the same airplane!?

The pure unbridled fun I can see myself having with this game is blowing my mind.

So, fellow escapists, what are you most looking foward to in Saints Row the Third?
have you d/l'ed the char custom demo that let's you mess around designing different chars to use for game, or upload for others to see? I have like 8 new games I should be playing, but been spending hrs just fcking with builds.
I'm getting the PS3 version. Unless they've got the creator for that too?
Yep it's what I have it on. If you make an account at gamespot, or saintrows.com they give you a free code to d/l it. It's funny how I have a huge back log of games I could be playing, yet I'm spending hrs doing nothing but making random chars on that creator.

Apr 28, 2008
sta697 said:
Mr Thin said:

the plot and the characters was the best thing about the 2.i mean you have johny gat and you a maniac that wants to have fun while taking over a city
That's probably why the story and characters work so well. On top of everything, they have fun. And since they're having fun, you're having fun.

Compared to every other game characters who just mope and brood when they do awesome shit.

distortedreality

May 2, 2011
SR3 has pretty much flown under my radar (mainly because the SR series is one of those that I always mean to get around to playing but still haven't) but it looking pretty fucking awesome.

Quick q though - if I jump on this, will I miss much story wise having not played the earlier games, or is it along the GTA lines where I'll just miss some injokes?

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Funnily enough, I'm psyched for the storyline. I grew really attached to my character because I could make him look EXACTLY like me. Plus Gat was always cool. Although Shawna...I think that's her name, looks completely different.

Dec 14, 2009
twistedheat15 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
twistedheat15 said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Just been catching up on gameplay trailers, getting myself more hyped for the game, and bloody hell.

[HEADING=2]This game is batshit fucking crazy![/HEADING]

Set phasers for fun!

Man cannons? Beating dudes to death with a purple dildo? Jumping out of a flying plane, shooting up bad guys, then going through the windscreen of the same airplane!?

The pure unbridled fun I can see myself having with this game is blowing my mind.

So, fellow escapists, what are you most looking foward to in Saints Row the Third?
have you d/l'ed the char custom demo that let's you mess around designing different chars to use for game, or upload for others to see? I have like 8 new games I should be playing, but been spending hrs just fcking with builds.
I'm getting the PS3 version. Unless they've got the creator for that too?
Yep it's what I have it on. If you make an account at gamespot, or saintrows.com they give you a free code to d/l it. It's funny how I have a huge back log of games I could be playing, yet I'm spending hrs doing nothing but making random chars on that creator.
Cool, I'll be sure to pick that up then.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
distortedreality said:
SR3 has pretty much flown under my radar (mainly because the SR series is one of those that I always mean to get around to playing but still haven't) but it looking pretty fucking awesome.

Quick q though - if I jump on this, will I miss much story wise having not played the earlier games, or is it along the GTA lines where I'll just miss some injokes?
Um not much too be honest- whilst there is alot of continuity its all pretty simple, five minutes on wikipedia is gonna be enough to get you upto speed.

Mr Thin said:

This- after 2 years of wanting to but never quite actually buying SR2 I finally got round ot it this week, whilst its as nuts as everyone says it is there have been moments of unexpectedly compelling storytelling- the Brotherhood missions especially knocked me sideways.
And another thing thats surprised me is how quickly I became attached to the various Saints members, especially my Boss who I almost instinctively started to RP- something Ive never done before, not even in proper RPG's.

Togs

Dec 8, 2010
agentorange98 said:
This game has mexican wrestlers in it, that is all I require to recieve my BAD ASS seal of approval
Dont you mean a street gang that consists of mexican wrestlers?

Also, Killbane-

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/gc-11-saints-row/719328

Hows that for some swag....