Sam Fisher Plus Johnny Cash Equals Epic Splinter Cell Trailer

Ham_authority95

Dec 8, 2009
Look like some great action is going to happen in this game.

Since splinter cell was like the 3rd game that I ever owned, hopefully it won't disappoint

Jul 9, 2008
George Palmer said:
Even better, the VO sounds like, though Im not positive, Michael Ironside. SCANNER!!
Yep, you're right. Ironside's voiced Fisher ever since SC1.
colonel_alzheimers said:
Damn that was great. Hasty about buying a game because of a trailer though. Demo was OK, not enough stealth options.
From what I've heard, Single Player is going to be pretty much what was in the demo, whereas co-op will be a more traditional SC experience.

SilverKyo

Apr 15, 2009
Mr. Gency said:
No actually, I didn't, I thought of Splinter Cell. I think you're confusing which franchise came first. See, I looked at Arkham Asylum and thought Splinter Cell

kibayasu

Jan 3, 2008
To pick a nit, it didn't look like it was Fisher assaulting the White House, it looked and sounded like it was Fisher going after the people who did.

Jul 9, 2008
SilverKyo said:
Mr. Gency said:
No actually, I didn't, I thought of Splinter Cell. I think you're confusing which franchise came first. See, I looked at Arkham Asylum and thought Splinter Cell
Yes, but previous Splinter Cell games were not so action oriented. AA is not at all like the previous SC games, but it looks like it's close enough to Conviction for a comparison to be made.

BeefSquid

Mar 25, 2009
This trailer has completely sold me on the games. I love Splinter Cell, I loved the Demo, and finally a trailer with Johnny Cash? Definite day one Purchase.

Mr. Gency

Jan 26, 2010
Pm0n3y said:
Mr. Gency said:
LTK_70 said:
Mr. Gency said:
This is what Batman: Arkham Asylum would be like if Batman developed a thrust for blood.
A thrust... for blood? How does that work?
Go and watch all the Splinter Cell gameplay footage and the you didn't think of Batman: AA

Think about it

Both games have you attacking enemies with stealth.
Noooo, he was pointing out the fact that you spelled "thirst" as "thrust", unless you actually meant to spell it that way...
Oh...

Okay then.

[sub]My mistake...[/sub]

Mr. Gency

Jan 26, 2010
Khitten said:
W00T! Its on PC?

I just love that double tap to the chest with the beats in the song.
At the time of this post it's 360 exclusive. However Ubisoft said it was still possible for the game to go multi-platform.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
George Palmer said:
Even better, the VO sounds like, though Im not positive, Michael Ironside. SCANNER!!
Nobody sounds like Michael Ironside. I know that is Michael Ironside. His voice is awesome, his attitude is awesome, his name is awesome. Just can't go wrong with Michael Ironside.

MNRA

Jun 8, 2009
He will never succeed! He's up against the President or Amerrka after all....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GE-Svcx8xJE

Leroy Frederick

Jan 27, 2009
Sorry guys, they've decided to make this a Wii exlusive. But don't worry, it's exactly the same except you have purple blood, cartoon art style and a 'hug NPC' option :D

On a serious note, it does seem all the stealth stuff's gone which is what makes splinter cell 'Splinter Cell', no? Oh well...

SilverKyo

Apr 15, 2009
orannis62 said:
SilverKyo said:
Mr. Gency said:
Yes, but previous Splinter Cell games were not so action oriented. AA is not at all like the previous SC games, but it looks like it's close enough to Conviction for a comparison to be made.
Actually, Double Agent had much more action then the previous iterations, that being the specific splinter cell I was referring to. And AA did remind me of DA... lot's of A's in these games, isn't there?

Bob_F_It

It stands for several things
May 7, 2008
For a stealth game, things look pretty noisy. Have things changed a lot since Pandora Tomorrow? Because I don't recall there being shotguns or marching down the middle of the street.

Jul 9, 2008
SilverKyo said:
orannis62 said:
SilverKyo said:
Mr. Gency said:
Actually, Double Agent had much more action then the previous iterations, that being the specific splinter cell I was referring to. And AA did remind me of DA... lot's of A's in these games, isn't there?
There was more action in DA than previous games, but the core was still stealth. You were still trying to get through first and foremost, with violence being a last resort (and, in all but the last of the JBA HQ missions, violence was outright forbidden). In Conviction (at least the demo), it's more about using stealth to plan out how you're going to clear out a given area.
Bob_F_It said:
For a stealth game, things look pretty noisy. Have things changed a lot since Pandora Tomorrow? Because I don't recall there being shotguns or marching down the middle of the street.
Yeah, things've changed. The way I see it, Chaos Theory was the last "true" Splinter Cell game. It was the last game with an actual light meter (in Double Agent you just have a light that is green when hidden, yellow when in light, and red when seen. Conviction doesn't even have that much), killing was discouraged (as said above, it was still largely discouraged in DA, but that's out the door now in Conviction), it's plot was sort of a continuation of of the first game (DA is an original plot, Conviction picks up where DA left off. Not that this is a bad thing, just highlighting differences). That said, DA was still great fun, and Conviction seems like it will as well, but the series is still branching from what made me like it in the first place.

For the record, Pandora Tomorrow was the worst one of the "old" series. Pick up Chaos Theory, it's fantastic.

SilverKyo

Apr 15, 2009
orannis62 said:
SilverKyo said:
orannis62 said:
SilverKyo said:
Mr. Gency said:
There was more action in DA than previous games, but the core was still stealth. You were still trying to get through first and foremost, with violence being a last resort (and, in all but the last of the JBA HQ missions, violence was outright forbidden). In Conviction (at least the demo), it's more about using stealth to plan out how you're going to clear out a given area.
Bob_F_It said:
Yeah, things've changed. The way I see it, Chaos Theory was the last "true" Splinter Cell game. It was the last game with an actual light meter (in Double Agent you just have a light that is green when hidden, yellow when in light, and red when seen. Conviction doesn't even have that much), killing was discouraged (as said above, it was still largely discouraged in DA, but that's out the door now in Conviction), it's plot was sort of a continuation of of the first game (DA is an original plot, Conviction picks up where DA left off. Not that this is a bad thing, just highlighting differences). That said, DA was still great fun, and Conviction seems like it will as well, but the series is still branching from what made me like it in the first place.

For the record, Pandora Tomorrow was the worst one of the "old" series. Pick up Chaos Theory, it's fantastic.
I find that, to the contrary, conviction will actually just have more difficult stealth then the previous itterations of the game. Instead of holding your hands with light meters, you have to use your head and plan out more. I managed to do the entire demo with only killing guys 2 times, the very beginning which is required to explain the controls and the guys blocking the entrance to the final place for that last cut scene. I navigated the rest without being seen (i did have to use a distraction once though). So if you play it right and go in with the right attitude, you can still be stealthy about it.