Sandy Wexler - Adam Sandler Dumps Another Movie onto Netflix

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009

Sandy Wexler is another terrible Netflix-Adam Sandler collaboration.

Read Full Article

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
FYI this has a 5 star rating on Netflix.

FYI netflix ratings are written in wind and flowing water.

Honestly, the more I learn about Sandler, the more i hate him. Like Piers Morgan...They are just truly awful people who hacked their way to fame, take advantage of their position and spread despicable messages.

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
Okay. But how long is this movie? Somehow, I don't feel that was gotten across in this review.

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
RaikuFA said:
Xsjadoblayde said:
And Oogieloves has a 6.5 on IMDB. So many fake votes...
Oh i ain't claiming they're falsified. Sandler has an audience and the rating system on netflix always leans towards positivity regardless of critical consensus.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
"I mean, at one point, Sandler was a draw because he could actually make people laugh with him"

Wait, what? Really?

Silentpony_v1legacy

Alleged Feather-Rustler
Jun 5, 2013
Its legitimately sad what's happened to Adam Sandler. He must have no self respect left. Its just about vacations and pretending its 1997 again.

Really sad.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
How? How in the name of all that is good and decent in this world - the things that make life worth clinging to - did Adam Sandler convince Netflix to pay him to make...what was it, 7 exclusive movies for them? Please, for the sake of my sanity, tell me that it wasn't Netflix that actively sought Adam out...because that's madness on the scale of Cthulu's awakening.

How many payoffs were there? How much were those payoffs? How many sexual favors were performed, and to whom? There MUST be an explanation behind how this shit-show got the green light, because I refuse to believe that anyone could be so stupid - and at the same time in a high enough position at Netflix - to look at Adam's past track record and say "This is fucking GOLD! We've gotta sign this guy RIGHT NOW! THE GRAVY TRAIN WILL HAVE NO END!!!!"

Madness, I tell you!

Janichsan

May 26, 2015
I mean, at one point, Sandler was a draw because he could actually make people laugh with him.
Did he, though? Did he really? Take an honest, not nostalgia tinted look at his past films, even his earliest ones, and ask yourself: "Was this ever really funny?"

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Marter said:

Read Full Article
Sandler's popularity despite absence of the things that used to make him funny, is akin to why the more popular yet vapid AAA games keep making all the monies: The average consumer of those respective forms of media for better or worse have terrible tastes.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Marter said:

Read Full Article
Has it taken Fist Fight's crown as the worst comedy of the year?

Loop Stricken

Covered in bees!
Jun 17, 2009
Janichsan said:
I mean, at one point, Sandler was a draw because he could actually make people laugh with him.
Did he, though? Did he really? Take an honest, not nostalgia tinted look at his past films, even his earliest ones, and ask yourself: "Was this ever really funny?"
Little Nicky was great.

Saelune

Trump put kids in cages!
Legacy
Mar 8, 2011
Janichsan said:
I would say the same to the auto-haters. I liked his old stuff. I think some people just go out of their way to anti-nostalgia things too.

Chewster

It's yer man Chewy here!
Apr 24, 2008
Janichsan said:
A lot of his earlier stuff was funny in a really stupid sort of way. Of course, most of his early films came out when I was a prepubescent/teenager so maybe that's why they seemed so good. I haven't watched any recently.

I remember seeing Eight Crazy Nights in theaters and it wasn't very good and it was then I realized he'd sort of reached a tipping point and that nothing he made after was very funny. Or maybe it's because I had turned eighteen and his garbage wasn't amusing any more.

Either way, people must be watching his films because he keeps makin' them. Either that or he has some serious dirt on some important heads in Hollywood.

JemothSkarii

Thanks!
Nov 9, 2010
Having recently been rewatching his old stuff (which has lead to the creation of a gauntlet-esque drinking game), I can say he's always been a mixed bag. Like I still find Waterboy humourous while Billy Madison is one of the hardest things I can watch. Mr Deeds isn't particularly funny or offensive... you get the drill.

But after the said game almost made me pass out twenty minutes from the end of The Do Over, whisking away the sweet bliss of unconsciousness, I am truly confused and even upset as to how people can love and watch these new movies. The Ridiculous Six is apparently WORSE than the Do Over and I haven't seen it yet.

Dec 10, 2012
Janichsan said:

Happy Gilmore is legitimately hilarious. I don't know how or why, but it is much lighter on the patented Sandler stupidity and annoying non sequitur gags and characters. Sandler is not a despicable manboy who inexplicably wins everything, he's a well-meaning dork with an anger problem who has some actual skill and a smidgen of wit. Most of the jokes are actually funny one way or another, and Carl Weathers and Bob Barker are, for once, well-used celebrities.

It's Sandler's one real success. The rest is all nostalgia and illusions.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Xsjadoblayde said:

FYI netflix ratings are written in wind and flowing water.

Honestly, the more I learn about Sandler, the more i hate him. Like Piers Morgan...They are just truly awful people who hacked their way to fame, take advantage of their position and spread despicable messages.
Netflix's rating are full of crap. They sometimes give 1 or 2 star ratings to decent films, while actual bad films get sometimes 3s' or 4s'.

As for Sandler, I stopped watching his movies since Click. The only movies of his that are genuinely good are Water Boy, Happy Gilmore, Billy Madison, Big Daddy, and Click. Everything else made by him is just mediocre or bad. I realized that the rest of his movies after that one were very formulaic, and stupidly bad beyond comprehension. Now look everyone, it's no bad; at least now we don't have to see any aggravating trailers of his movies in the theaters. I got tired of that by the time I was 17. And you know what the best part is, not watching them. It sucks he's on Netflix, at least you have a choice; unless you're a kid whose parents' likes Sandler's shit then you're screwed in that regard. Otherwise, ignore his movies and watch better things.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
TheVampwizimp said:
Janichsan said:
Happy Gilmore is legitimately hilarious. I don't know how or why, but it is much lighter on the patented Sandler stupidity and annoying non sequitur gags and characters. Sandler is not a despicable manboy who inexplicably wins everything, he's a well-meaning dork with an anger problem who has some actual skill and a smidgen of wit. Most of the jokes are actually funny one way or another, and Carl Weathers and Bob Barker are, for once, well-used celebrities.

It's Sandler's one real success. The rest is all nostalgia and illusions.
I'd say that Punch Drunk Love is the only good film from his back catalogue.