Satirical PSA Laments the Plight of the Modern PC Gamer

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Satirical PSA Laments the Plight of the Modern PC Gamer

Remember kids - only you can prevent hackers, griefers, and noobs.

YouTube user Freddie Wong [http://www.youtube.com/user/freddiew] has become something of a sensation for his series of rather brief videos that are exceptionally well-produced and pretty damn funny. His latest, the "Crying PC Gamer," tackles the modern state of PC gaming.

To be fair, there's a lot one could mock about modern PC gaming: The rise of social gaming like FarmVille (which counts!), the heavy tech requirements for the highest-end games, or the always-entertaining topic of draconian DRM, just to name a few. But in this video, Wong takes aim at PC gamers - or, to be more specific, at a certain breed of PC gamer.

I'm sure you know the type. This video laments the hacker who aimbots, the griefer who uses a wallhack, or the jackass who teabags and leaves a shock-site spray on the walls - the sorts that PC gaming would be better off without if they all left to go to Xbox Live.

It's a funny little video and worth a watch, even if it isn't as good as "Jedi A-Holes Strike Back [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T819usZLQtE&feature=channel_video_title]."

(Via G4TV [http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/blog/post/713988/the-crying-pc-gamer/])

TimeLord

For the Emperor!
Legacy
Aug 15, 2008
Hahaha! Fantastic! Loved the rapid fire shotgun guy!

EDIT:
John Funk said:
I'm sure you know the type. This video laments the hacker who aimbots, the griefer who uses a wallhack, or the jackass who teabags and leaves a shock-site spray on the walls - the sorts that PC gaming would be better off without if they all left to go to Xbox Live.
The whole thing is a little wonky. There are aimbots, wallhacks and whatnot in console games too.

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
Reminds me of the time when i used to play CS, even if you do well without hacks everyone will assume that your'e a cheater, that kinda kills the joy of winning.

Arcanist

Feb 24, 2010
John Funk said:
Ohohohoho, that made my day.

Adzma

Sep 20, 2009
Pretty much the reason why I stopped playing competitive multiplayer. That and I hate matchmaking.

Owlslayer

Nov 26, 2009
The guy knows what he's doing. I'm also subscribed to him, loving all his stuff.
But the vid is kinda true, I've had my fair share of Meatspin sprays...

Apr 28, 2008
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAX!

Thankfully admins take care of this stuff. Well, decent ones at least. God help you if you end up with a dick admin.

Awexsome

Were it so easy
Mar 25, 2009
Ha, every platform has it's jackasses that everyone would prefer if they just rolled over and died.

Assholes and immature people I find in abundance everywhere but the gamebreaking cheaters... more likely to run into one on the PC than the console.

likalaruku

Nov 29, 2008
I don't play FPS or co-op, so this is lost on me. I've played 40 MMORPGs & never witnessed griefing or teabagging.

Igen

Apr 28, 2009
Some clips from this should be made in to a de motivational poster. Stuff like this makes me wish I could wield the Ban Hammer.

Cheaters are ass hole bullies. If you suck at a game either man up and keep playing till you get better, or try a different game. Some one will always be better then you, doesnt give you the right to resort to being a douche bag.

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
Thanks again for reminding me why I fled from PC gaming to never return. Thanks...

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
"the sorts that PC gaming would be better off without if they all left to go to Xbox Live."
Awww, that's cute.

You want to know what else is cute?
People claiming this site DOESN'T have raging PC Elitism.
Ha ha ha....

In all seriousness, the video is great. Seen it before, because I'm subscribed to him. Perhaps I've just been lucky in TF2 (the only FPS I play on my PC), but I haven't run into too many of those problems. Sure, I've run into a couple, but not that bad. Except the explicit sprays. I can't get away from them. *Shudders from the memory of some particularly bad ones* Thank god the server I regularly use is pretty strict...

squid5580

Elite Member
Feb 20, 2008
Mr. Omega said:
"the sorts that PC gaming would be better off without if they all left to go to Xbox Live."
Awww, that's cute.

You want to know what else is cute?
People claiming this site DOESN'T have raging PC Elitism.
Ha ha ha....

In all seriousness, the video is great. Seen it before, because I'm subscribed to him. Perhaps I've just been lucky in TF2 (the only FPS I play on my PC), but I haven't run into too many of those problems. Sure, I've run into a couple, but not that bad. Except the explicit sprays. I can't get away from them. *Shudders from the memory of some particularly bad ones* Thank god the server I regularly use is pretty strict...
It doesn't. With a single line they have ended any PC elitism that could have existed. Openly admitting that jerks aren't just on 1 console and that PC has it's fair share of fuckwads as well is a giant leap for console gamers.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
John Funk said:
It's a funny little video and worth a watch, even if it isn't as good as "Jedi A-Holes Strike Back [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T819usZLQtE&feature=channel_video_title]."
I will have to disagree. Jedi A-Holes Strike Back's antics were so extreme they went from "knocking over mail boxes with a lightsaber" to "straight up murder" which I didn't think was as funny. This was a clever combination of a PSA with critisms of griefing and hacking placed instead of litering and Native Americans.

Feb 13, 2008
In other news, America narrowly defends the right for people to play these games, Gamers mock themselves and let's keep that antagonism stoked up so California will ultimately win.

Here's Bob with the Weather.