Satirical PSA Laments the Plight of the Modern PC Gamer

UberMore

Sep 7, 2008
Watched this earlier/yesterday. Always sterling videos from Freddie and Brandon.
Now to just get them to do a full length feature film!

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
John Funk said:
the sorts that PC gaming would be better off without if they all left to go to Xbox Live.
No thanks. I don't want these dicks in PC games, Xbox Live, Playstation Network, that thing Nintendo calls online, or any other place in multiplayer gaming.

Pinkamena

Stuck in a vortex of sexy horses
Jun 27, 2011
Doesn't most online shooters have hacking prevention mechanisms?

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
Hmm... Someone should make a game specifically about hacks like that... XD

But... Then you'd just get a different kind of cheating.
And, you'd have to balance out what kind of 'hacks' are interesting within a multiplayer game, and which are just so unfair that it'd bore everyone to death.

(Like, say, invulnerability VS. an aim-bot. No way that would be fun unless you can counter-hack to disable other people's hacks...)

Hmm... Feeling a game idea coming on.

Though... Why do I get the sneaking suspision you'd have to watch out for hackers in a game about hacking? XD

Saltyk

Sane among the insane.
Sep 12, 2010
I saw this the other day. I don't have a Youtube account, but I like to keep an eye out for Freddie videos. I love a good Freddie video. And this was a good one.

EverythingIncredible said:
I hate to say it, but the effects are TOO good. So much so that it loses its authenticity. It could have benefited from not trying as hard to look closer to what griefing actually look like in the games.

Still, it's appreciated that they put forth the extra effort for the nice effects and it's still an entertaining video. Good post over all.
Have you ever seen a Freddie Wong video? They are all like that. And they are all awesome.

killamanhunter

Mar 24, 2009
Pinkamena said:
Valve Anti Cheat can't detect wallhacks and aimbots and DICE's program Punkbuster kicks you off a server if you have Windows 7 and haven't updated your Punkbuster program.

Johnny Impact

Aug 6, 2008
That's friggin' awesome!

I've been on TF2 servers where the jerkasses running them kept giving orders to players over voice chat, using /slay and /noclip to enforce ridiculous demands. I've gone up against aimbotting players. It's no fun for me. I can't see how it's fun for them.

Cheaters, there are no stakes in multiplayer games. You can't win or lose anything except a moment of satisfaction. Still you cheat. I've got some questions for you:

1. How low do you have to go before even the tiny crumb of pride that comes with making that headshot seems unattainable on your own merit?
2. Are you really so petty and pathetic you find stealing that crumb from others more satisfying than earning it yourself?
3. How do you convince yourself you deserve the combined killcount of every player, and to have that score served to you on a platter?
4. Are you *really* a spoiled, snot-nosed two-year-old, or do you just play one in the game?

I dare any cheater out there to give me an answer more evolved than "ur lame stfu".

shaboinkin

Apr 13, 2008
killamanhunter said:
Pinkamena said:
Valve Anti Cheat can't detect wallhacks and aimbots and DICE's program Punkbuster kicks you off a server if you have Windows 7 and haven't updated your Punkbuster program.
Or if punkbuster just hates you.

You forgot that one.

MajorDolphin

Apr 26, 2011
Great video. Reminds me of Socom and Halo for some reason.

As for the article,
I'd rather all the PS3 and 360 glitchers, lag switchers and hackers would GO to PC games.

thisguyfromthere

Mar 6, 2009
Not G. Ivingname said:
John Funk said:
It's a funny little video and worth a watch, even if it isn't as good as "Jedi A-Holes Strike Back [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T819usZLQtE&feature=channel_video_title]."
I will have to disagree. Jedi A-Holes Strike Back's antics were so extreme they went from "knocking over mail boxes with a lightsaber" to "straight up murder" which I didn't think was as funny.
So you assumed no one died when the A-Holes caused an airliner to fall out of the sky in the first video? That might be a bit optimistic.

Jimi Bove

Jan 29, 2011
"...The rise of social gaming like FarmVille (which counts!)..."

And that affects non-casual PC gamers how?

"...the heavy tech requirements for the highest-end games..."

In many cases, that's because PC can handle and often receives much better graphics. I will admit, PC hardware that handles the same stuff as consoles is significantly more expensive, and many games require high-end hardware because they're console ports, but I think spending a few hundred more dollars is worth the better graphics and the interchangable machine that I can upgrade less often than the length of a console generation for much less money.

"...or the always-entertaining topic of draconian DRM..."

DRM didn't last very long. With things like Steam and Ubisoft's online platform, DRM hasn't been used for a year or two. And don't tell me Steam sucks. Honestly, complaining about Steam is a very outdated thing to do. The convenience it offers is massive and unmatched, not to mention all the sales. Also, it's quite impossible that an American big-city citizen has more internet issues than me, and I STILL have no problems with Steam.

Look, I'm not trying to be a PC elitist. Consoles have PLENTY of their own pros, and PCs have some cons. I'm just denouncing the bias in this article.

P.S. Hacking is very large in consoles too, and it's worse because there are no dedi server admins to stop them. Also, it's not like consoles aren't full of assholes besides those who hack. TF2 has the coolest and nicest community of any multiplayer FPS. What does Call of Duty have? A bunch of little kids on the Wii and immature teenagers on the XBox and PS3. ...And both of those on the PC. Man, Call of Duty does not have a great community.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
thisguyfromthere said:
Not G. Ivingname said:
John Funk said:
It's a funny little video and worth a watch, even if it isn't as good as "Jedi A-Holes Strike Back [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T819usZLQtE&feature=channel_video_title]."
I will have to disagree. Jedi A-Holes Strike Back's antics were so extreme they went from "knocking over mail boxes with a lightsaber" to "straight up murder" which I didn't think was as funny.
So you assumed no one died when the A-Holes caused an airliner to fall out of the sky in the first video? That might be a bit optimistic.
Well, implied, indirect and we don't actually see them personally throwing a car into space.

kajinking

Aug 12, 2009
Anyone besides me get reminded of the starship troopers propaganda videos when watching this? Would you like to know more?

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Personally I love shock-site sprays, I'm pretty desensitized so they don't bother me and I love hearing everyone else freak out. That is one type of griefing that I hope never goes away.

As for the rest the worst has to be those people who drop through the floor or hide in walls, at least I can kill a teabagger or aimbotter.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
likalaruku said:
I don't play FPS or co-op, so this is lost on me. I've played 40 MMORPGs & never witnessed griefing or teabagging.
Wow, I envy you. I've only played one MMO and I saw that all the time. The classic was people Pking players twenty levels lower because they think it's funny. No teabagging, but that's probably because I don't recall a crouch button, I'm sure they would've otherwise.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
Kodachi said:
Haha the single tear parody was awesome!
Ah ha, I was afraid nobody would get what it was a nod to.

Always nice to see a new freddiew video. They're always fantastic.

Tdc2182

May 21, 2009
Jimi Bove said:
"...The rise of social gaming like FarmVille (which counts!)..."

And that affects non-casual PC gamers how?

"...the heavy tech requirements for the highest-end games..."

In many cases, that's because PC can handle and often receives much better graphics. I will admit, PC hardware that handles the same stuff as consoles is significantly more expensive, and many games require high-end hardware because they're console ports, but I think spending a few hundred more dollars is worth the better graphics and the interchangable machine that I can upgrade less often than the length of a console generation for much less money.

"...or the always-entertaining topic of draconian DRM..."

DRM didn't last very long. With things like Steam and Ubisoft's online platform, DRM hasn't been used for a year or two. And don't tell me Steam sucks. Honestly, complaining about Steam is a very outdated thing to do. The convenience it offers is massive and unmatched, not to mention all the sales. Also, it's quite impossible that an American big-city citizen has more internet issues than me, and I STILL have no problems with Steam.

Look, I'm not trying to be a PC elitist. Consoles have PLENTY of their own pros, and PCs have some cons. I'm just denouncing the bias in this article.

P.S. Hacking is very large in consoles too, and it's worse because there are no dedi server admins to stop them. Also, it's not like consoles aren't full of assholes besides those who hack. TF2 has the coolest and nicest community of any multiplayer FPS. What does Call of Duty have? A bunch of little kids on the Wii and immature teenagers on the XBox and PS3. ...And both of those on the PC. Man, Call of Duty does not have a great community.
Nobody's attacking PC gaming here. You are very much taking everything out of context and trying to start an argument.

Just stop.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
I watch that video and think "Wow, it's like a live-action version of APB Reloaded." Man, that game is broken.