Satirical PSA Laments the Plight of the Modern PC Gamer

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
Indeed, loading up cod 4's multiplayer brings me to tears everytime.

And I'm on a console.

I never understood these sort of guys. You buy the game, go to the effort to give yourself an aimbot, wallhack, etc, for what? So you can rob yourself of actually playing the game yourself? The only mod I understand is ones that let you fly. Because you can fly. Even if I used one if those, I wouldn't use it in public games, it's fun at everyone else's expense.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
"The rise of social gaming like FarmVille (which counts!)"

No it doesn't.

OT: That shotgun guy is pretty funny. Tea-bagging RULEZ though!

synobal

Jun 8, 2011
I'd hardly call that the state of any PC game, the only time you'd see something like that would be if you actually went to a server that encourages hacks/doesn't care/is designed for pirates. Plus the xbox has just as much problems if most of the posts on the escapist are to believed.

EternalFacepalm

Feb 1, 2011
kasperbbs said:
Reminds me of the time when i used to play CS, even if you do well without hacks everyone will assume that your'e a cheater, that kinda kills the joy of winning.
I always took that as a compliment, which made me happy. What they're saying is, "You're better than me. HAX!1", which is an admittance of defeat.

if_then_else

Apr 28, 2005
Great video, I'm subscribed to his channel, so I've already seen it. All his videos are insanely great.

There's a similar video from the guys of CorridorDigital, and Freddie Wong also makes an appearance!

kasperbbs

Dec 27, 2009
EternalFacepalm said:
kasperbbs said:
Reminds me of the time when i used to play CS, even if you do well without hacks everyone will assume that your'e a cheater, that kinda kills the joy of winning.
I always took that as a compliment, which made me happy. What they're saying is, "You're better than me. HAX!1", which is an admittance of defeat.
Sure, you can take it as a compliment, but when your friends refuse to play with you because they think that your'e a cheater it's pretty annoying.

rembrandtqeinstein

Sep 4, 2009
Multiplayer games suck because people suck. It has nothing to do with PC or platform whatsoever. If a game feature can be abused to cause grief then that feature needs to be fixed.

LetalisK

May 5, 2010
Why would PC gamers go to Xbox Live? The hacking is far worse there, especially for older titles like CoD4. And god knows how fucked PSN is now.

Waaghpowa

Needs more Dakka
Apr 13, 2010
kasperbbs said:
I've actually been accused of hacking more on consoles than in the 8 years I've played CS.

Folio

Jun 11, 2010
People, let's all join hands to unite as ONE. To stop all the griefing, hacking and glitching.

For fair and fun play all over the globe. >:'|

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
This wasn't bad, but I have to say I agree with John on this one. Not nearly as funny as Jedi A-Holes and Jedi A-Holes Strike Back. Those always leave me in stitches...

Continuity

May 20, 2010
kasperbbs said:
Only way to go is find a decent community server with proper admins, believe me they spot and ban genuine hackers faster than you can say "Aimbot", plus on those servers you get regular players and everyone gets to know everyone else and what their skill level is, so you don't get accused of hacking if you're just on form.

Dropping into random servers is just asking for a rough experience, I only do that when i'm scouting around for a new community server.

gamegod25

Jul 10, 2008
"the sorts that PC gaming would be better off without if they all left to go to Xbox Live"

Careful your PC snobbery is showing...

geizr

Oct 9, 2008
I've been playing TF2 on occasion. As a player that plays straight-up based on the merits of my own skill(even though I'm only mediocre), the hacks and cheats can make it really hard to stomach playing for more than about an hour.

DJ Jack

Nov 18, 2009
As important and detrimental as this cause is to all things good in this world... can anyone tell me where I can get the hack to spawn cars out of thin air? Because I would totally use that to spawn me some better wheels than what I am currently driving. I'm thinking the Batmobile. :D

Baradiel

Mar 4, 2009
...PC gaming would be better off without if they all left to go to Xbox Live.

See, I've never understood this. Why is Live considered to be full of immature kids, more so than other systems? I play on PC and Live in pretty equal amounts, and I've had less grief from the Live community than when I'm on TF2, or (God, never again) CSS.

When you don't have outright cheaters, you have people spamming the chat with things I'd rarely hear from someone on Live. If you don't have them, you have the sprayers.

Anyway, long story short, you have cunts on every system, because every system has one flaw: it involves PEOPLE. And there will always be certain people who are cunts, regardless of whether they're using a keyboard and mouse or a 360 controller.

It does annoy me when people discredit Live as being all immature kids. All I have to do is think of all the brilliant people I've met on Live, who've I've gotten to know really well, and then compare it with my PC gaming history, where there is no one I routinely play with, remember, or consider a true friend.