Satirical PSA Laments the Plight of the Modern PC Gamer

TrevHead

Apr 10, 2011
Im sorry but imo Live does have more immature pricks and kiddies on the servers. Thats not to say there isnt anyone like that on PC fps games far from it, but on average PC gamers are more mature. Ofc this differs from game to game, as theres much more kiddies on WOW then there is Eve online.

There is elitism on some PC FPS games especially the games that are mostly populated by clans, but elitism in many cases is just healthy competition.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
shaboinkin said:
killamanhunter said:
Pinkamena said:
Doesn't most online shooters have hacking prevention mechanisms?
Valve Anti Cheat can't detect wallhacks and aimbots and DICE's program Punkbuster kicks you off a server if you have Windows 7 and haven't updated your Punkbuster program.
Or if punkbuster just hates you.

You forgot that one.
Yep. Turns out you can't play the Steam version of Battlefield 2 unless you disable the overlay, because Punkbuster considers it a third-party program that interferes with gameplay. It's bloody evil.

OP: Saw this a couple days ago, and it's great. Freddie Wong is the go-to guy for Youtube movies featuring guns.

Nurb

Cynical bastard
Dec 9, 2008
I stopped playing multiplayer when XBL started charging for DLC (not long after Halo 2) and when companies stopped allowing dedicated servers for PC games which shrunk matches to 12-16 players like in the early 2000's.

If publishers stopped forcing their developers to make multiplayer such a big deal, jerks online wouldn't have to expose the single player game as shallow and mindless.

Oh and BTW, PC game sales are up 19%
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/03/01/pc-is-strong-pc-games-revenue-up-20/

Pakkie

Apr 4, 2010
Hackers are rare in modern PC games today anyway, Systems like Vac + Punkbuster deal with most of them, and any that manage to slip through will usually get banned by a local server admin, as all good PC games have 3rd party server support.

PinkiePyro

Sep 26, 2010
personally I am okay with hacking as long as it stays in singleplayer

serously I dont play fps games but I have run across some hacking a-holes in L4D/L4D2
like one guy who used a speed hack to run ahead of everyone else setting off every single horde summoning thing (including car alarms) in rapit succesion

(though we did laugh our asses off when we survived the waves while he ended up mauled to death by a hunter)

A-D.

Jan 23, 2008
Kimarous said:
I watch that video and think "Wow, it's like a live-action version of APB Reloaded." Man, that game is broken.
And People actually doubt it when i say the same thing.

OT: Funny Video, sadly however its true, especially in F2P Shooters. Hell its more evident in Shooters in general than say MMOGs or RTS Games.

Mar 2, 2011
666Chaos said:
John Funk said:
I'm sure you know the type. This video laments the hacker who aimbots, the griefer who uses a wallhack, or the jackass who teabags and leaves a shock-site spray on the walls - the sorts that PC gaming would be better off without if they all left to go to Xbox Live.
You know I cant really tell if you just have a terrible sense of humor or if that was a pc elitest prick comment.
TimeLord said:
Hahaha! Fantastic! Loved the rapid fire shotgun guy!

EDIT:
John Funk said:
I'm sure you know the type. This video laments the hacker who aimbots, the griefer who uses a wallhack, or the jackass who teabags and leaves a shock-site spray on the walls - the sorts that PC gaming would be better off without if they all left to go to Xbox Live.
The whole thing is a little wonky. There are aimbots, wallhacks and whatnot in console games too.
Um, I'm fairly sure he was being sarcastic about the Xbox Live thing. Everything he mentioned about PC gaming is just as bad on console.

theskadudeguy

Nov 19, 2010
This video is awesome!
What was the budget on it?!
I'm so happy that there are people out there that actually want to share their talents for free.

Sud0_x

Dec 16, 2009
John Funk said:
Satirical PSA Laments the Plight of the Modern PC Gamer

Remember kids - only you can prevent hackers, griefers, and noobs.

YouTube user Freddie Wong [http://www.youtube.com/user/freddiew] has become something of a sensation for his series of rather brief videos that are exceptionally well-produced and pretty damn funny. His latest, the "Crying PC Gamer," tackles the modern state of PC gaming.

To be fair, there's a lot one could mock about modern PC gaming: The rise of social gaming like FarmVille (which counts!), the heavy tech requirements for the highest-end games, or the always-entertaining topic of draconian DRM, just to name a few. But in this video, Wong takes aim at PC gamers - or, to be more specific, at a certain breed of PC gamer.

It's a funny little video and worth a watch, even if it isn't as good as "Jedi A-Holes Strike Back [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T819usZLQtE&feature=channel_video_title]."

(Via G4TV [http://www.g4tv.com/attackoftheshow/blog/post/713988/the-crying-pc-gamer/])

Wow, in an article about a satirical piece on gaming, seems a lot of people completely and deliberately ignored an obvious joke and decided to fly into defending their gaming preferences or like watevs. "Yeah I'm totally not being a d-bag or anything but you're a total d-bag and yeah well that joke is just like, your opinion, man". unicorncharliedelta... what? Escapist, you be crazy. Mission accomplished Funk, it's just too easy isn't it!

Apr 24, 2008
Thanks for that, I hadn't heard of this guy before, some interesting stuff on his channel. I get the feeling that action films are going to change a little when the big gamer generations take over Hollywood, and probably for the better.

Redem

Dec 21, 2009
Sexual Harassment Panda said:
Thanks for that, I hadn't heard of this guy before, some interesting stuff on his channel. I get the feeling that action films are going to change a little when the big gamer generations take over Hollywood, and probably for the better.
can't wait for those using cheat pick up the camera, Micheal Bay will look reasoneable for once