Say Hello to Baby Dovahkiin

similar.squirrel

Mar 28, 2009
So they've ensured that their kid's going to be seen as a fucking nerd even before he's fully figured out this whole motor-function business? Well done. Hope you enjoy the games.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
On the one hand, it's better than lots of other weird names parents have been giving their kids nowadays.

On the other hand, he's probably going to be given a hard time about his name for years to come, all so that his parents get free vidja games. Not exactly a good bargain on his end.

DeaDRabbiT

Sep 25, 2010
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000524113502

Well that's the father, I couldn't find a profile on the mother.

Given the pompous way he is holding that beer, I'm not surprised after reading this article at all.

Either way, they named their daughter Kyari as well. This is sort of par for the course for nerds that don't really like to take reality seriously. There are naming conventions for a reason.

It seems increasingly more common (the more I read gaming community BB's) that gamers that do manage to wrangle a member of the opposite sex, and in turn procreate, are almost assured to pick names for their children based off their favorite video game characters, or some character they conjured up in a fanfic or something.

I suppose to each their own, but somebody earlier said it right.

"Dad. Where am I named Dovahkiin?"

"Because son, Bethesda said they would give us free games for life if we did; now go get the ice pack for that black eye"

kinapuffar

Nov 26, 2010
All the tards in this thread don't understand that you can use your middle name as your given name.
Of course his actual name, and what everyone is going to call him, is Tom. Jesus Christ...

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
6_Qubed said:
AzrealMaximillion said:
6_Qubed said:
Woodsey said:
6_Qubed said:
I wonder what "Dovahkiin" would shorten out to.

My guess is "Keen."
My guess is 18 years of being bullied.
Well yeah, obviously. But kids are vicious little fuckers. If they couldn't find some clever angle to make fun of his name, they'd just call him "******" or something.
Gweneth Paltrow named her kid "Apple". Argument invalid.

But seriously, games are becoming a bit more mainstream, what with Kobe Bryant showing up in Call Of Duty commercials and whatnot. He'll be fine as the years progress. People have been named after video game/movie characters before. Look at Zelda Williams.
1.Gweneth Paltrow is a smug ****, Kathy Griffith said so. Perhaps Kathy is not the most trustworthy source on such a topic, but she didn't kill everybody in a movie by touchin' them Asian people.

2. Who the fuck is Zelda Williams? (Yeah I know I can Google it, I'M ASKING ANYWAY BECAUSE SERIOUSLY WHO IS THAT)
1. Gweneth Paltrow may be smug, but Jermaine Jackson (Michael Jackson's brother) named his son 'Jermajesty'. Besides being smug has nothing to do with a kid named Apple.

2. Zelda Williams is Robin Williams' extremely hot daughter. She was named specifically after Zelda 20 years ago. She went through life just fine. So I don't see how Dovahkiin would get bullied. People will probably wind up thinking its some Scandinavian name anyways.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
How is that a bad name? Christ all he has to say is "My name means dragonborn..." And every kid will either back off or go "ooo...okay the kid with the dragon name is on my team."

Plus it sounds vaguely nordic, so maybe my swedish is showing but I've heard weirder names.

Mrmac23

Aug 12, 2011
Charli said:
How is that a bad name? Christ all he has to say is "My name means dragonborn..." And every kid will either back off or go "ooo...okay the kid with the dragon name is on my team."
That works on the assumption that bullies understand simple logic. Hopefully he'll inherit some Shouts or something out of it so he can just burn the little fuckers that try to annoy him.

"look at the kid with the stoopid nerd name, let's steal his lu"
"FUS RO DAH *****"

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Charli said:
Depends on what he looks like, as it always does with children.

6_Qubed

Mar 19, 2009
AzrealMaximillion said:
6_Qubed said:
AzrealMaximillion said:
6_Qubed said:
Woodsey said:
6_Qubed said:
I wonder what "Dovahkiin" would shorten out to.

My guess is "Keen."
My guess is 18 years of being bullied.
Well yeah, obviously. But kids are vicious little fuckers. If they couldn't find some clever angle to make fun of his name, they'd just call him "******" or something.
Gweneth Paltrow named her kid "Apple". Argument invalid.

But seriously, games are becoming a bit more mainstream, what with Kobe Bryant showing up in Call Of Duty commercials and whatnot. He'll be fine as the years progress. People have been named after video game/movie characters before. Look at Zelda Williams.
1.Gweneth Paltrow is a smug ****, Kathy Griffith said so. Perhaps Kathy is not the most trustworthy source on such a topic, but she didn't kill everybody in a movie by touchin' them Asian people.

2. Who the fuck is Zelda Williams? (Yeah I know I can Google it, I'M ASKING ANYWAY BECAUSE SERIOUSLY WHO IS THAT)
1. Gweneth Paltrow may be smug, but Jermaine Jackson (Michael Jackson's brother) named his son 'Jermajesty'. Besides being smug has nothing to do with a kid named Apple.

2. Zelda Williams is Robin Williams' extremely hot daughter. She was named specifically after Zelda 20 years ago. She went through life just fine. So I don't see how Dovahkiin would get bullied. People will probably wind up thinking its some Scandinavian name anyways.
1. Oh, I know. I just really like pointing out that Gweneth Paltrow is a smug ****. You know, kinda like that bit Gilbert Godfey did during Bob Saget's roast about how BOB SAGET RAPED AND KILLEDA GIRL IN 1990. (Done in all caps because that is how Gilbert talks. Goddamn he is loud for being so tiny.)

2. Robin Williams has a- Wait, of course he does, hold on.

*google google*

...I shoulda just looked her up in the first place. You weren't kidding.

TehCookie

Elite Member
Sep 16, 2008
I asked how I got my name and my parents were deciding between after a car (Shelby) or after a character of star trek (Rayna the robot). It depended on my hair colour, and I got the car. Both of those names aren't strange, but it seems like the new trend is giving kids weird names, I'd rather name my kid Dovahkiin than Eugine or whatever name the entire class shares (I've been in a class with 5 other Shelbys, to the point people just used last names).

LorienvArden

Feb 28, 2011
Ts... People got named after saints or famous political figures for years, sometimes even short lived celebrities.
So now people name children after fictional characters.I think I could live with been called "Dovahkiin"

CJanders

Aug 3, 2010
Contrary to what everyone here is posting the Dovahkin, as evidenced by Skyrim, gets whatever ****in job he/she/it wants.

Jan 11, 2009
How do more people not realise how cool that name is? I would love to be called that, plus the shortened version aren't too bad, Dova or Kiin. Both sound pretty cool.

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
I don't remember if I posted in this thread already, but whatever.

Kyarri and Dovakiin. Cool and interesting names.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
You know they could just change the baby's name.

Also, I thought babies were suppose to be cute?

Wolf Hagen

Jul 28, 2010
@ Lastname:

For your Info: Kellermeyer is German rooted.
In Fact, it is so German, it shits Pickelhaubs. ;P

Primus1985

Dec 24, 2009
Personally I like Dovahkiin. I know how kids are with teasing believe me but once you say "Its Draconic for Dragonborn" and say it with pride people wont mess with ya as much.

Every game Bethesda has made or ever will make...Luckiest kid in the world