Say One Thing About The Country You Live In

Psykoma

Nov 29, 2010
Rule Britannia said:
Canada (used to live in England)

Everyone is reallly nice, eh?

negative thing:
Canada's internet is awful, the rates are ridiculous and the speed is staggeringly bad.
(this is of course in comparison to U.S. or UK or pretty much anywhere in the world, the CEO (i think was his title) of netflix called Canada's internet on par with third world countries.)
Canada

Another thing:
Our cell phone coverage, speed and prices are even worse.

My friend who moved to Germany got a new a cell phone plan with the same amount of minutes and text messages that I get, except hers has unlimited data, while I get 1gb.
She says she pays about 15 euros per month, I pay 90$ (roughly 67 euros) per month.

It pisses me off.

But I still freaking love this country.

Polarni

Oct 20, 2011
Worldbreaker said:
Serbia:

Actual conversation with Americans (the conversation happened couple of times):
- Where are you from?
- Serbia.
- Oh that is in Russia? Heard it's pretty cold there.

Dear Americans, we are not Siberia.
Same thing about Croatia (if you say it fast, it sounds like 'Russia to an American -.- )

Pozdrav iz 'Rvatske, lijepo je vidjeti da nas je jo? ex-yu na Escapistu :-D

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011

Fact: Despite what the far right says and what you'd think we don't actually have an official language.

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009

Tidbit: We exist. But I suppose I should say more...Well, we have kind of a friendly rivalry thing going on with Sweden, and that's been there a long time.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
Mr.Squishy said:

Tidbit: We exist. But I suppose I should say more...Well, we have kind of a friendly rivalry thing going on with Sweden, and that's been there a long time.
If you don't mind me asking, how big is black metal really in Norway?

Movitz

Jan 30, 2013
The very old kingdom of Sweden.
Info: During the 1910-isch to 1920-isch we had a very renowned film industry.

Winterbird

Oct 3, 2012

Fun fact: There are more Croats living outside Croatia than there are in the country. Because it sucks.

Polarni

Oct 20, 2011
Winterbird said:

Fun fact: There are more Croats living outside Croatia than there are in the country. Because it sucks.
Well, most of it anyway xD
The food's pretty good :-D
And the scenery.
That's about it, really.

Ojla! Konačno, jo? jedan Hrvat na Escapistu! :-D

SoMuchSpace

Mar 27, 2012
India.Sad to see only one indian so far!

Anyway, our food is too spicy for your baby stomachs to handle.That doesn't mean it's bad.

Our economy is doing not bad, but the fucking politicians and scams keep dragging it down.Not a day goes by without a new scam being exposed.

Yes, we are a very overpopulated country.US + UK + Australia's Population < India's Population.

Indians are definitely interested in video games, but not many as a career (which i am).Most people just pirate it here which is painful because the guys interested in video games are those who can very easily afford them.

We do have some gaming companies, most of which are useless.EA Mobiles and and a retarded Ubisoft India.

The new, young India is a very smart and enthusiastic one.We have really intellectual debates going on in the nation, many of which result in effective programs to eradicate the issue.A recent gang rape case infuriated the youth to such an extent, that in the middle of winter a huge protest was held at India Gate.And things got out of hand, the police started using water cannons, at 2 AM.In the dead of winter.But the protesters never left.

It saddens me to say that America and a huge percent of it's pop culture reduces India to a mere country of Chicken Tandoori and Snake Charming.I have never seem an Indian portrayed respectfully in American media.Well, American media itself rarely portrays other/different people respectfully, so no surprise.

Proud to be an Indian.

Evil Raccoon

Ever vigilant
Oct 6, 2009
Netherlands
Info: We were the first Republic in existence, but that was an accident. We tried to be a kingdom, but we failed in that regard.

Bruenin

Nov 9, 2011
interests: 'murica
favorite food: 'murican
catchphrase: 'murica
language: 'murican

I got it covered :D, though the OP makes it seem like you want true things... those are all gross over generalizations, but screw the rules I have money *throws pennies*

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
Canada
Info: I live here, this could either be taken as meaning that this country is awesome because I live here, or one could take it as a reason to avoid this country, as I tend to either be an awesome dude with a lot of info on a ton of shit, or a horrible person who loathes himself for a variety of reasons that he won't talk about... Either way, love me or hate me, gotta love Canada, we're awesome eh?

MopBox

Sep 7, 2012
Evil Raccoon said:
Netherlands
Info: We were the first Republic in existence, but that was an accident. We tried to be a kingdom, but we failed in that regard.
Are you counting the classical republics? Ancient Greece and Rome and such.

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
Assassin Xaero said:
Mr.Squishy said:

If you don't mind me asking, how big is black metal really in Norway?
Not as big as you'd think, but there's definitely a very strong Black Metal presence in the music scene, although I figure the last few years haven't been really good to the genre. But it's considered pretty everyday music - not the thing you'll hear out on the town partying, but the 'omg so weird' factor isn't there. Although it is common to take the piss out of Black and Death Metal, but that's generally in good fun.
Hell, a guy I used to know growing up plays Black Metal...I'd say religiously, but he's the chillest dude I know.
Which reminds me of an anecdote.
Basically, a couple years ago, I was helping set up a musical/sketch show, and I was backstage crew. One day I stayed behind to put things back in their place, and there was a guy there cleaning the stage. He noticed my Iron Maiden shirt and asked if I liked metal, I said yes, and he informed me that a local bar/nightclub was having a metal evening that night, and said I ought to check it out. I did, and while I sat there sipping on a San Fransisco, the same guy came on stage with other band members, and they were introduced as Voluspå, which is, as far as I know, a semi-popular/B-list black metal band. So I watched the show, and when it was over, he got down from the stage, said it was awesome that I came and hugged me. Then he was called away, and I sat there vaguely bemused.
So that was fun.

krection

Offensive Muggle
Jun 12, 2011

Fact: The only reason our constitution says life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness instead of life, liberty, and property is because we would have had to give up our slaves if we valued the original inalienable rights.

'Murica