Say One Thing About The Country You Live In

Vegosiux

May 18, 2011
Slovenia;

forgoing politics and economy to say, considering what a small country it is, we are quite the force in sports.

Zinzinbadio

Dec 21, 2012
Info: We invented Basketball, that and were not all that polite in a maple syrup and poutine fueled rage when the Toronto Maple leafs (Hockey Team) lose a game.

mateushac

Apr 4, 2010
Country: Brazil (I feel ashamed of all the bad fame we get online)

Info: We've never had any serious natural disaster, and that even includes blizzards. (Thank you, tectonic plates and wind streams)

Latinidiot

Feb 19, 2009
Scde2 said:
Latinidiot said:
Also, we were the first republic since Rome fell
? I know the word republic is a broad term, but that's not true. There were several republics since Rome fell. The Dutch Republic was established in 1581, while there was Republic of Venice [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Venice] (establish late 600s), Genoa [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Genoa] (1000s), Florence [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Republic_of_Florence] (1100s), & Novgorod [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novgorod_Republic] (1100s) as some examples. Yay, useless information!

OT: Amurica

The populace really does think "We won World War 2 all by ourselves" and can name Mexico and maybe Canada on a world map, Russia and China if you're lucky. Have fun getting the average person to name any other of " all those other countries[footnote]You know, the rest of the world.[/footnote]". Hell, It's surprising that most people know what country we declared independence from.
Did you summon all of those from memory? I am impressed!
Also, sad to be wrong, damn it all. But seriously, as large players in the west we were quite early to the democracy game. You know, defying Spain and the church and everything. Also, is it really like that in the US? I hear the stories of almost revering ignorance, but I don't know to believe them.

EDIT: Also, of all these republics, we are the only one to still exist!

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
mateushac said:
How so? When I think of Brazilians online I think of the people you get on bands' facebook pages all the time

"come to Brasil!!!"

"please come to São Paulo!"

on threads about something completely unrelated

Lizardon

Robot in Disguise
Mar 22, 2010
Australia, specifically Western Australia

Fun little history fact I know, after the Skylab space station re-entered Earth's atmosphere in the late 70's debris landed in the south of Western Australia. The town of Esperance, who got most of the wreckage, proceeded to fine NASA $400 for littering. It was a light hearted joke, poking fun at the fact that NASA had assured everyone that all of the station would burn up and there was no risk.

The fine went unpaid and ignored for 30 years until a DJ in California heard about the story and raised the funds from donations from his listeners to pay the fine on NASA's behalf.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
GamerAddict7796 said:
England

We moan about how much people moan.
English people barely moan at all

No idea why they think they do

Although the things they do moan about are hilarious. Like horse meat. And worrying that they might be dangerous to eat. Brilliant

cswurt

Oct 26, 2011

Info: The President of the United States is a Pokemon Master.

mateushac

Apr 4, 2010
AnarchistFish said:
mateushac said:
How so? When I think of Brazilians online I think of the people you get on bands' facebook pages all the time

"come to Brasil!!!"

You've clearly not played many F2P MMOs

QuartzQuadreant

Sep 14, 2012
Pointless information: It takes a hardy man to wear a kilt in the Highlands, where the thistles are knee-high.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
mateushac said:
AnarchistFish said:
mateushac said:

"come to Brasil!!!"

I don't even know what that is.

I'm not much of a gamer. Actually I'm not completely sure why I use this site.

Explain?

4RM3D

May 10, 2011
AnarchistFish said:
mateushac said:

Explain?
F2P MMO = Free To Play Mass Multiplayer Online (Game)

Anyhow, why are you using this site when you are not much of a 'gamer'?

Explain? :p I am curious.

AnarchistFish

Jul 25, 2011
4RM3D said:
AnarchistFish said:
mateushac said:

Explain?
F2P MMO = Free To Play Mass Multiplayer Online (Game)

Anyhow, why are you using this site when you are not much of a 'gamer'?

Explain? :p I am curious.
Dunno. I came for ZP like most people do, then started hanging around the off topic forum for both the interesting threads and to reply to the infuriating comments you see all the time, cos for some reason I like to piss myself off.

And I do game, just not as much as most people here and not as much as I used to.