Say something NICE about ME3 (Spoilers ahead)

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
The best part of the game? Need I say it? Really?

Marauder Shields was the best goddamn part of the game that's what.

Never forget.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
Oh man, there were good times there! The dialogue for different squad member
(Wrex) "You'd think the Shadow Broker would have picked up on something like this. Good thing I don't know her..."
(Liara) "...I'm sure the Shadow Broker has been very busy."

(Wrex) "I like my Salarian liver served raw!"
(Javik) "Indeed. It is was a delegacy in my time."

And then, that scene walking in on Garrus and Tali. Hilarious! And Joker and EDI. "I would have baked a cake!"

Watching Thane's final moments...I had tears in my eyes. I was crying it was so powerful. And Mordin's death was painful, but it also gave me a sense of pride for him. I wanted my Shepard to salute him as he rode to the top.

And when you finally catch up to Kai Leng. "That was for Thane, you son of a *****!" Damn straight it was!

Hearing Charr's love poem to his Asari wife and knowing that you made the correct choice in the second game because she's broken hearted. You know that, even though she had her doubts, she was happy with him.

There were so many good parts in that game. I laughed so hard at so many points, and cried at others. Even up to the part where I was charging down the hill, rushing toward the laser, I was going, "Hurrah! Let's get this DONE! ATTACK!" Epic battle. Even when the Curcible came to life as Shepard's guilt, I went, "Okay, that's cool."
Then I was given the ending choices. My mouth got closer and closer to the floor each time he explained one. Sigh...

tzimize

Mar 1, 2010
ME3 was brilliant excepting the ending.

The highpoints for me were: SPOILERS BELOW!

The Garrus-shootout.

The teenage girl on the citadel that was waiting for her parents, the background dialogue with her and the guard is just...fantastic and very emotional.

Tali and Garrus making out (I lolled so hard and dawwwwwwwwwwwwwed).

The death of Thane Q_Q

Liara and my Femshep deciding to stay together/marry. WHY COULDNT I HAVE A NICE WE GOT MARRIED SIGN ON MY NORMANDY IN A NICE EPILOGUE EH!?

The Geth becoming sentient and the peace between Quarians and Geth.

The Krogans finally being rid of the genophage and Mordins death T_T

More or less every single thing Joker says. He is fucking brilliant.

Man...the game is RIDDLED with awesome....it just mindboggling how they messed it up in the end.

TheCommanders

ohmygodimonfire
Nov 30, 2011
Some of these may have been mentioned, but I think ME3 deserves some positive feedback as well, so I'll say them anyway.

Having a shooting contest with Garrus (I've always thought of Garrus as Shepard's (both male and female) best friend, and this was a great moment)

Mordin - Every scene with him made me both sad and happy, and the ending of his arc was incredibly well done.

NOT A DEFENSE OF THE ENDINGS BUT The little scene of Anderson's Last moments with Shepard on the citadel. The music, scenery, and writing were spot on.

The final misson on tuchanka - This was featured in one of the early trailers, and if anything was actually more epic in the actual game. Kudos to the giant pissed off thresher maw.

The Music - Seriously, the new compositions, the synthesis (no pun intended) of old songs and new, and occasional callbacks to previous themes were just so. damn. awesome. (by the way, I mean the eddie izzard interpretation of awesome, go look it up if you don't know what I'm on about)

The romances- Other than the fact that we didn't get as much of Miranda as I was hoping, the rest of them were handled very well.

I really hope the ending business gets wrapped up to everyone's satisfaction, because despite all the criticisms leveled at them, there's a reason we still buy Bioware games: nobody else does it the way they do.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
As is common, I loved about 90% of the game.

Some high points:

- Liara's time capsule project. Good character moment. Also, brought home the stakes when you realise she's making contingency plans for the end of all life as we know it.

- Shooting bottles with Garrus.

- Wrex being, well... being Wrex

- Seeing Jack find something to give a damn about. "These kids are mine. MINE."

- The fall of Thessia and the aftermath. Hearing the asari soldiers die and then having absolutely nothing to say to the councillor.

- Liara yelling at Javik. "You're a Prothean! You're supposed to have all the answers!"

- "Blue rose of Illium".

- "Emergency induction port."

- The banter between James and Cortez.

- "I'd say now would be a good time to test the fire alarms."

- The traumatized asari in the hospital. I thought having a gun would make her feel better... yeah... whoops.

- Talking to Eve, the krogan female. Holy shit, the poor thing.

- "There goes the next shadow broker." "Y'know, I could swear I heard him muttering "T'soni, T'soni" the whole time." "Guys. that's not funny."

- The way that squad mates would move around the ship and take shore leave on the citadel.

- Garrus's goodbye speech.

- Just in general, the way the game manages to get across the feeling of this being the end of times.

AuronFtw

Nov 29, 2010
I literally cried when Thane died in the hospital after fighting Kai Leng. His son reading hanar poetry, and shepard joining in... it was really moving.

I'm not even religious, but that touched me deep inside. No pun intended.

lowkey_jotunn

Feb 23, 2011
As others have said: Emergency Induction Port.

Also, it looks pretty, and the vanguard playstyle is as balls-out awesome as ever.

Jimmy T. Malice

Dec 28, 2010
Everything up to Marauder Shields was great.

The squadmates actually going around the ship and talking to each other.

The decisions that at least had some kind of consequence.

Sitting in the Illusive Man's chair.

Deaths for squadmates from ME2 (Mordin and Thane's were particularly sad).

May 5, 2010
Well, literally everything about it sans the last 5 minutes or so is eyeball-meltingly awesome. But more specifically:

-The weight system creates a perfect balance between guns and powers while allowing for player customization of playstyle.
-The structure of having multiple missions contributing to a larger goal bring back the "epic" feeling from ME1 (with it's really long, elaborate missions) that was largely absent in ME2 (with it's much shorter missions). For me, at least.
-The complex political and social issues that have been part of Mass Effect from day one are handled beautifully.
-The galaxy map is much better.(planet scanning, etc)
-The set pieces are awesome.
-Many of the Krogan's foreheads appear to be made of rich, dark, chocolate, which is delicious. Seriously, go look and Urdnot Wreave's head and tell me I'm wrong.
-The choices have appropriate weight behind them, and are genuinely difficult to make. (again, this is minus the last five minutes or so)
-Oh, and Javik is pretty damn cool, even if his "recruitment mission" is basically a waste of time.

And about a million more things.

Adam Jensen_v1legacy

I never asked for this
Sep 8, 2011
Fappy said:
The best part of the game? Need I say it? Really?

Marauder Shields was the best goddamn part of the game that's what.

Never forget.
Never forget. His name was Marauder Shields.

In all seriousness now, the game is great until the last 10 minutes. Most people agree on that. From a graphical standpoint it's inferior to Mass Effect 2 though. Shoddy animations, low textures, broken necks, invisible characters in cutscenes. It need a patch. And a very big one.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
Jedoro said:
I loved the scene where Liara comes up to your cabin and discusses her time capsule plan. That scene alone made me go back and replay the series, romancing and staying loyal to her in all three. I'm just about done with ME2, and I do have Lair of the Shadow Broker, and I'm already loving it more than when I romanced Ash.
This. So, so much of this. I kinda always think she's a bit dull in the first game compared to Ash, but by the end of the series she's far and away the best character. Whether you romance her or not, she's always the one who's prepared to go the extra mile for you. That could have been overly soppy but they made it really, really touching.

OP: (apart from the last 10 minutes or so) The best game I've ever played, ever. Gameplay wise I found it to be the perfect middle ground between ME1 and ME2, and story wise I've never been so emotionally invested in a game.

I'm finding it really hard to decide on one overall highlight, but if I had to choose I'd say taking down the Reaper Destroyer on Rannoch, and then making peace between the Quarians and Geth straight after, with Legion being forced to sacrifice himself the moment he becomes true 'life', was just a perfect sequence.

Newby_Newb

Jul 8, 2010
rhizhim said:
- jarvik being mostly a dick.
I wish we could convince him to not take his life when the war is over.
If you told him not to use his memory shard, he will not take his life.

Britisheagle

May 21, 2009
Everything bar the ending.

Although, I thought the game felt it was lacking urgency at some points, with constantly having to have little chats with Hacket and helping people find trivial items. Other than that it was fantastic.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Shanicus said:
(I think it's going to continue as well... my Shepard survived, and Garrus was on the Normandy somehow at the ending, so possibility of Bromance continuation.)
Except they're in different star systems and the mass relays have been trashed.

Even if he somehow survived being on an exploding space station, Shepard is never seeing his friends, lovers or crew ever again. Hell, he can't even get a message to them.

Kreett

Constant Contrarian
Nov 20, 2009
Garrus must be one of the best fictional characters in the history of everything. Mass Effect 3 really let Garrus shine, the bromance between him and Shepard was legendary.

"Just like old times, eh Shepard?."