Say something NICE about ME3 (Spoilers ahead)

AntiChri5

Nov 9, 2011
Up until the last ten minutes, it was the best game i have played.

The gameplay is fantastic, and i was really impressed with the side stories.

ME3 put more care and attention into the side stories of random, often unnamed NPC's then most games put into their main story.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Something nice? Well, besides that about 99% of the game was awesome...

EDI. EDI was the fucking boss, and I want to hug her like she's a candy-colored pony.

CAPTCHA: you good?

Yes, I'm good.

AntiChri5

Nov 9, 2011
Zhukov said:
Shanicus said:
(I think it's going to continue as well... my Shepard survived, and Garrus was on the Normandy somehow at the ending, so possibility of Bromance continuation.)
Except they're in different star systems and the mass relays have been trashed.

Even if he somehow survived being on an exploding space station, Shepard is never seeing his friends, lovers or crew ever again. Hell, he can't even get a message to them.
People underestimate how fast traditional FTL is in the Mass Effect universe. Standard procedure for exploration is not to use Mass Relays until you find the other end, so you don't end up opening a doorway to a hostile species homeworld, so getting around won't be impossoble, just a massive pain in the ass.

A ten second journey is now a ten month one.

Fenra

Sep 17, 2008
One thing I loved about ME3 was the crew dialogue, stellar as always. My fem shep romanced Garrus in 2 and I just had to stay loyal to him in 3, every scene they had together I loved... and a few lines I wont forget:

"I'm Garrus Vakarian and this is my favorite spot on the Presidium!"

"If human heaven is anything like turiun heaven, meet me at the bar"

"Too many regulations back then, now I just dont care"

"Maybe on a beach somewhere, and we can find out what little turian human babies look like"

And many others but I could go on for days if I don't stop. Oh and I cant talk about the crew without mentioning a few others:

Wrex's line about "but women just have so many ideas!" that whole conversation actualy had me laughing

Mordin was stellar as always "maybe conduct tests on seashells"... which was made all the more heartbreaking on tuchanka "wont get to conduct tests on seashells"

and some of the idle crew banter was great too, like Garrus and James trying to one up eachothers in stories

I guess in summary I loved the dialogue of ME3

Arina Love

GOT MOE?
Apr 8, 2010
ME3 saved me a ton of money because i'm not going to buy a game and dlc from bioware ever again.

AD-Stu

Oct 13, 2011
Jove said:
Miranda "Dat Ass" Lawson.

Yes this also answers ME2 as well.
I laughed so hard when they included a bunch more obvious Miranda ass shots in ME3 - Bioware were obviously listening to the uproar about it last time, and decided it was their cue to take the piss even harder this time around :p

TheCaptain

A Guy In A Hat
Feb 7, 2012
Oh, so much - in all honesty, this was one of the darn best games I ever played...

I really enjoyed talking to people and overhearing people talk even more than before - I found myself doing a complete tour of the Normandy and the Citadel after every completed mission, just so I wouldn't miss anything. And not only the squadmates. People all over the place pulling themselves together.

Like the Turian taking care of the girl who was waiting for her parents at the refugee camp.
The C-Sec officer planning to quit his job and go to Palaven to find his buddy's family.
The human woman and the salarian guy outside Purgatory, with his new shiny armor.

Also, Mordin. From finding out he was the one feeding Wrex information on the Krogan females, him taking care of "Eve" (Krogan Queen, anyone), the exchange while fleeing Kalros ("Kalros still chasing us!" - "Tell me something I don't know!" - "Metal in truck excellent iron supplement for thresher worm's diet!") up to his heroic sacrifice. Many a manly tear was shed.

And while I never cared much for Grunt in 2, his "sacrifice" scene was just beyond awesome, from "My turn... heh heh heh..." to "Got anything to eat?".

But it's hard to put my finger on it, and I already feel like I'm doing many who go unmentioned here a grave injustice.

In short: The characters, in writing and (voice-)acting. Everyone did one hell of a job there.

Except for Renegade Shepard. I hate that guy :p

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
The whole game pretty much was fantastic from where I'm standing except the ending obviously.

Here are a few highlights:

Garrus and Shep citadel shooting bottles(I missed on purpose which led to the best line in the game "I'm Garrus Vakarian and this is now my favorite spot on the Citadel).

Tali and Shep romance(especially the scene @ Rannoch when you romance Tali really was one of the best moments in the game for me).

Thane's death really struck an emotional cord as well as Mordin's.

The final dialogues with the squad mates before launching the final mission were really spot on and I really gave me the hope that I was going to win the day(guess I got that wrong huh..).

These are but a few in a line of many of moments that I've enjoyed throughout the game.

Now,if you'll excuse me I'm gonna go continue my FemShep Liara faithful romance playthrough...

M-E-D The Poet

Sep 12, 2011
I love how the advances of james get squared off if you play a lesbian shepherd

"Hey Lola..."
"What james? are you not man enough to go for me?-punches james in the shoulder and walks away laughing-"

And the immense foreshadowing the game had for its brutal ending that a lot of people overlooked
For example DR. Chakwas insisting you share that new bottle with her as you have as a yearly tradition because she doesn't think anybody will make it out alive.
Edit: Also boxing with james and finding out about his backstory was fairly interesting

Helping cortez put to rest his dead husband was quite touching too.

Comforting traynor was brilliant especially in my special way.

Conversations with hackett and anderson

Actually all new characters and old characters given more screen time seem to be splendid

wintercoat

Nov 26, 2011
Video games have elicited a lot of emotions from me, however...

Never have I felt so much self loathing as in this instant.

And that is an amazing thing.

On my Renegade Shep, on Tuchanka, no matter how many times I go through that scene, I just cannot pull the trigger. It's fucking Mordin and you want me to kill him?! Fuck you Dalatrass. You can just go to hell!

Kalahira, mistress of inscrutable depths, I ask forgiveness.

Kalahira, whose waves wear down stone and sand.

Kalahira, wash the sins from this one and set him on the distant shore of the infinite spirit.

Kalahira, this one?s heart is pure, but beset by wickedness and contention.

Guide this one to where the traveler never tires, the lover never leaves, the hungry never starve.

Guide this one, Kalahira, and he will be a companion to you as he was to me
"The prayer was not for him Commander. He has already asked forgiveness for the lives he has taken. His wish was for you."

God damn it Bioware, why did you have to go and ruin the ending to such an emotionally driven game!

Zorg Machine

Jul 28, 2008
Other than the greedy bastard/stupid ending (depending on what theory you like best) it is one of my favorite games on consoles. Almost every character is pure gold and it really does make you care enough to choose the possibly worse options for your score because you are emotionally invested (krogan genophage for example). The special, "meet the team on the citadel" missions were fantastic, "i am garrus vakarian and this is now my favorite spot on the citadel". Even the multiplayer was fantastic and still entertains me.

Though the ending did suck.

Jitters Caffeine

Sep 10, 2011
It's a fantastic game and I've loved every second of my time with it. Nothing could retroactively take away the fun I had with it.

Sandytimeman

Brain Freeze...yay!
Jan 14, 2011
This thread may have just sold the game to me. Those last 10 mins though...I don't want that to be the ending to 250+ hours I already have in the game T_T

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
Sandytimeman said:
This thread may have just sold the game to me. Those last 10 mins though...I don't want that to be the ending to 250+ hours I already have in the game T_T
Play games -> experience ending -> cry and eat ice cream -> watch indoctrination theory video -> imagine your own ending -> reluctant love for the franchise.

I'd say its worth it.

TheCaptain

A Guy In A Hat
Feb 7, 2012
Sandytimeman said:
Well, there's still a chance you'll be lucky. Even if not, isn't it better to have loved and lost? ^^

Honestly. It's still a fuckin' great game.