Say something NICE about ME3 (Spoilers ahead)

Cobbs

Aug 16, 2008
Go on do it. If you played through to the end of Mass Effect 3 surely you enjoyed the gameplay and/or story enough to invest 20+ hours into reaching it. So praise the intrcacies of the combat system, ponder the choices that you may have done wrong,or just say "Hurr it looked pretteh'"

For me the emotional impact of losing two ex-squadmates was amazing. (Mordin and Thane)

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
I loved the scene where Liara comes up to your cabin and discusses her time capsule plan. That scene alone made me go back and replay the series, romancing and staying loyal to her in all three. I'm just about done with ME2, and I do have Lair of the Shadow Broker, and I'm already loving it more than when I romanced Ash.

AD-Stu

Oct 13, 2011
Aside from the final 10 minutes, it was pretty much the greatest game I've ever played. Not perfect, by any stretch, but no game is.

I enjoyed the emotional highs and lows. I had some great fun playing with the new weapons. Seeing locations that up until now we'd only heard about (Thessia, Rannoch, Sur'kesh, Grissom Academy) was awesome. Same goes for some of the characters from the extended universe (Kahlee and the much-hated Kai Leng for example).

So yeah - aside from the last 10 minutes, I loved it to death.

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
AD-Stu said:
Aside from the final 10 minutes, it was pretty much the greatest game I've ever played. Not perfect, by any stretch, but no game is.

I enjoyed the emotional highs and lows. I had some great fun playing with the new weapons. Seeing locations that up until now we'd only heard about (Thessia, Rannoch, Sur'kesh, Grissom Academy) was awesome. Same goes for some of the characters from the extended universe (Kahlee and the much-hated Kai Leng for example).

Yeah, agreed. There are really only two major blemishes on this game for me: Shepard speaking on his own way too much, and the ending.

Aside from that, it's was an overall mind-blowingly amazing game. The reason I hate the ending so much is just...

Seriously, they were sooooooooo close to a perfect finish to the series. And then the laser hits you...

Cobbs

Aug 16, 2008
DustyDrB said:
AD-Stu said:

Yeah, agreed. There are really only two major blemishes on this game for me: Shepard speaking on his own way too much, and the ending.

Aside from that, it's was an overall mind-blowingly amazing game. The reason I hate the ending so much is just...

Seriously, they were sooooooooo close to a perfect finish to the series. And then the laser hits you...
+10 Internets for the Get Smart reference.
I did feel more connected to Liara even though I had romanced and stayed true to Ashely through the whole series.

Tony2077

Dec 19, 2007
Zeel said:
uh, uh, uhhhhhhhhhhh.

It has nice packaging.

Okay, that was a lie. Even the packaging is kind of corny.
if you have nothing nice to say jump into this bucket from that ledge over there.

OT: i had fun and the ending wasn't that bad I've seen worse trust me

Captain Epic

Jul 8, 2010
Everything before the magic elevator was awesome. It could have been easily the best game of the year...

psicat

Feb 13, 2011
Mass Effect 3 has excellent game-play, many touching moments, and except for a few lose ends was a nice ending to the series.

On a side note does that troll Zeel show up in all threads in this forum that have anything to do with Mass Effect. Considering he seems to hate the game quite vocally he seems to follow any and all threads about it with an obsessive passion.

Dec 14, 2009
Kasurami said:
Every single thing up until THE FUCKING GOD DAMN STAR CHILD.

IhatehimIhatehimIhatehimIhatehimIhate -

FUCK YOU, KID

Even Spider-Man agrees.

99% of the game was pure brilliance, it just fell at the last hurdle.

Dec 14, 2009
Kasurami said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Spidey-Snip

Even Spider-Man agrees.

99% of the game was pure brilliance, it just fell at the last hurdle.
You know the ending of your hard sci-fi epic has problems when it would make more sense with the addition of Spider-Man assaulting a child.
Hey, after the fact, I was happy to see something like this.

Makes perfect sense, if you ask me.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
My Fem!Shep romanced Liara, the pay off to staying true to her was amazing.

Garrus and Tali hooking up was a nice touch, but ultimately I best connected with Tali on Rannoch when she sat on the ground and breathed the air of her homeworld for the first time.

"There is no Shepard without Vakkarian" that combined with the ultimate bro moment (even as a Fem!Shep) with the rifle and the bottles, cemented without a doubt who Commander Shepard's best friend was, and his name was Garrus.

"Shepard, you've been a sister to me" Oh Wrex, you big softie :D

"Someone else would have gotten it wrong......" I miss you Mordin :(

"Does this unit have a soul?" Yes you do Legion, yes you do.

Grissom Academy was also a welcome moment, saving David and Jack, who has gone from damaged phsychotic to a teacher: there is no greater victory for her over Cerberus than to move past what they did to her, and make sure it never happens again.

The game is filled to the brim with awesome, heartwarming and tearjerking scenes. I never wanted the ending to be farting rainbow bunnies, and as I hobbled towards the transit beam I thought "This is it, like many before you, it is time to lay down your life so that others may live". The ending wasn't just bad, it was hollow and frankly unworthy of a game that until that final twenty minutes, had been as close to perfect for me as any before or since.

CAPTCHA: the bee's knees.....it really was.

Rogue 9

I, Jedi
Jun 22, 2008
It felt like a more organic universe from the first two games, in that NPCs would have conversations with each other without you needing to walk up and push a button or have a cutscene.

I liked how you could side with one NPC over another and that the repercussions would actually be reflected in your war effort preparations.

I liked how your companions actually moved around the ship and the Citadel and interacted with each other - ie Garrus and James talking smack, Garrus and Joker trading jokes, James and Cortez ribbing each other.

I liked the absolute plethora of weapons and that you could equip any weapon with any class as long as you weighed up weapons vs cooldowns (although I did miss having heavy weapons).

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
Besides the ending, there are only a few minor complaints that I have.
One of the things which I really enjoyed, are the little side stories that the people tell on the citadel.
That girl who sold her beloved car, to buy her friend very good armour and didn't tell him or the Asari commando who talks to the psychiatrist on the Huerta Memorial Hospita. Whenever I went to the Citadel, I would go there and listen to another part of the story.
That story is really good but what makes it even better is if you listen to what Joker says about his family. He said that his family lives on Tiptree, on a farm on the edge of civilized space. The Asari says the same about the farm family she met. The name of the girl she had to kill is Hillary, just like Joker's sister and the Asari said that the girl wanted to become a pilot when she grows up. It's not hard figure out why. :(

This and the interactions between the squadmates, make the game look much more alive.