Say something positive about the xbox one

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Desert Punk said:
piinyouri said:
Is that indeed how it works?
If so then yeah, that's definitely one thing the console has going for it.
Basically it's similar to loaning a game to someone in real life, but you can loan it for impossibly large and small amounts of time because it's always there as long as it's not being already played.(not a good description I know, I can't think of how to put it).

Of course the catch is for this system to work everything must be digital, which will be a pro or con to different people.

Would be kind of cool if Sony brought in something similar later on in the PS4's life.
Yep, thats how it works. Thats one of the reasons that it does the 1 every 24 hour online check, so that their servers can tell the consoles who has the lisence to any particular game, so if you resell a game naturally its removed from the pool and no one on the list can access it anymore.
Ahhh that would make sense then. I really didn't see how the check could have been for piracy, as that's more in the PC realm.

It's still not a setup that's right for me, but I can certainly see the appeal for the people who want it and are fine with the stipulations.

Elamdri

Nov 19, 2009
Aris Khandr said:
Shared library. I am not sure why this isn't getting more attention.

You have Steam, I presume. You know how the library works, you buy games via Steam or enter the CD key, and they're in your library forever. No more CDs, just download and play. XB1 has the same feature. Only in addition to your personal library, you can share your library with up to 10 friends. Those 10 friends can download and play whatever games you have bought, and you can download and play theirs. The caveat on all of this is that only the owner and one friend can play the game at the same time, but still. Ignore the "PS4 sharing video", this kicks that right in the teeth. Not only do you not need to hand your friend the disc, but simply by virtue of owning a game, you can always have a friend hop in for multiplayer with you.
What if you have more than 10 friends? I can totally see friendships end because of this feature...

"WHAT?! I'm not in your 10? WTF JIMMY?! We're DONE bro!"

piinyouri

Mar 18, 2012
Elamdri said:
Aris Khandr said:
Shared library. I am not sure why this isn't getting more attention.

You have Steam, I presume. You know how the library works, you buy games via Steam or enter the CD key, and they're in your library forever. No more CDs, just download and play. XB1 has the same feature. Only in addition to your personal library, you can share your library with up to 10 friends. Those 10 friends can download and play whatever games you have bought, and you can download and play theirs. The caveat on all of this is that only the owner and one friend can play the game at the same time, but still. Ignore the "PS4 sharing video", this kicks that right in the teeth. Not only do you not need to hand your friend the disc, but simply by virtue of owning a game, you can always have a friend hop in for multiplayer with you.
What if you have more than 10 friends? I can totally see friendships end because of this feature...

"WHAT?! I'm not in your 10? WTF JIMMY?! We're DONE bro!"
Or possibly, "WTF man, I was really enjoying that game, why'd you sell it? T_T"
Considering it was free to begin with though, I don't know why anyone would complain.

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
How about we just stop talking about the xbone? Y'know, that might help.

From the perspective of a PC gamer...um, rape jokes are funny?

God, I'm having difficulty, here, uhhh...it matches most high-end PCs when it comes to graphics?

chinangel

Sep 25, 2009
Desert Punk said:
VanQ said:
I saved $499USD plus postage by deciding not to buy it. That's a positive thing, right?

mysecondlife said:
Family sharing thing sounds promising.

Reminds me of similar functionality for Zune.

...which nobody uses because nobody buys those fucking things.
What exactly is stopping you from sharing your disc with your family right now? There's nothing positive about a 10 person limit being added.
Apparently you have no idea about how it works.

What you do is add ten people to your family list, these can be anyone, friends, brother, parents ect. Anyone, they dont even need to live near you.

From there any game you buy and attach to your account is loaded into a pool, anyone on your list no matter how far away can look at your games and install one of them on their xbox and play it so long as you arent playing it at the same time.

This allows friends and family members to build up a large library together, or for a friend who has a good paying job and can afford to buy games brand new can help our a less fortunate friend as he cvan go through the more fortunate ones library and play games he couldnt pick up himself.

Personally this is the feature that excites me the most. Even if the Xbone fails spectacularly I would love to see this kind of feature implemented on PC and other consoles.
agreed, it's a good concept. However it's done in by the rest of the console being so anti-consumer that I'm afraid the console is full of piranha and syphilis.

still that feature sounds amazing and like it would be so fun to see in other consoles.

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
Desert Punk said:
From there any game you buy and attach to your account is loaded into a pool, anyone on your list no matter how far away can look at your games and install one of them on their xbox and play it so long as you arent playing it at the same time.
It was my understanding that the owner and one "guest" could play the game at any time. Is that not the case? Makes it slightly less useful, but only slightly.

Don't taze me bro

Feb 26, 2009
The family sharing feature is actually pretty exciting. I never trade games, and I'm far too uptight to lend out a physical copy of a disk. With family sharing, I'll be able to digitally share my games with my interstate brother. He'll be able to do the same with me. No physical disk needed - just the net connection.

ZZoMBiE13

Ate My Neighbors
Oct 10, 2007
The biggest problem with the X1 is just the team who's been trying to sell it. They've mishandled the message terribly. They're trying to explain the tech when they need to be trying to sell the benefits. When you just talk about the tech, you let people's imaginations fill in the blanks.

The X1 seems like it will have many positives. It's just hard to see them in that light with the message that has been delivered thus far.

The controller looks amazing. And it seems to actually make some advance on the rumble feature. The addition of the new motors could (potentially) make for some interesting immersion if done well. Plus the new D-pad looks great. And it's not like it could be worse than the original D-pad.

The family share thing also has potential. Whether or not it applies to you will vary from person to person. But as the one among my friends who actually buys games and rarely trades them in anyway, I like the idea of having access to my whole library online all the time without having to dig out a disc. And I already use Xbox 360's family LIVE plan so my cousin, my best friend, and my daughter can have their own LIVE profiles. This will eliminate the need for that. And if any of them every get a connected X1 they can still keep their profiles on my system and make use of my collection.

It's like when Apple was tracking people with the iPhone. Google did the exact same thing with Android, they were just up front about it and delivered the message in a way that resonated with people. Did Apple technically do something bad? Not as bad as people made it out to be, they just weren't as clear as to how it benefited the user. A year later no one cared or ever remembered, they just loved all the functionality of the iPhone.

For the record, before someone calls me a shill or an MS plant, I'm not buying an X1 at launch and I've pre-ordered a PS4. But I will get a X1 at some point. I'm hopeful that the 24 hour check in will be changed, or changeable by the user, or expanded to 72 hours. 24 is just too limiting with the internet I have right now. My net service is great when it works, but it's prone to going down for no reason and with no warning. And it's in those times that I like to play single player games to pass the time while I wait for the internet to return. Limiting that, at this time, is not something I am prepared to support. At least not with a day one purchase. But I definitely will at some point. I play games, not consoles or platforms. And I'm definitely not going to miss a Dead Rising. :)

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
It'd make a nice boat anchor with all the sharp corners?....

Yeah that's the best I can give sofar.

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
The sound it'd make beneath the downward weight of a heavy sledgehammer would be immensely satisfying. That's a positive, right?

More seriously, all the drama and backlash it has created has led to my amusement and entertainment. So that's slightly more valid, I guess.

TheCommanders

ohmygodimonfire
Nov 30, 2011
I came to this thread to count how many posts before a sarcastic reply. The number was three. Anyway.

OT- I like how they kept the controller simple. The thing that really annoys me about nintendo is that where you want them to innovate (for example, using their bucketloads of cash and numerous in house developers to create something other than sequels to about four franchises) they refuse to, and where you want them to leave things that work perfectly well alone, they change things for the sake of change (Wii Controller, Wii U controller- seriously, I still use the gamecube controller whenever a game allows me to). Xbox 360 had my favorite controller of all, and they haven't changed much... which is good, because it was fine how it was. Also, while I don't care about motion control (it almost never works while sitting down, which I usually am while using the device) using voice control to, for example, navigate netflix, is a nice feature.

Elamdri

Nov 19, 2009
piinyouri said:
Considering it was free to begin with though, I don't know why anyone would complain.
Have you like never seen a Scumbag Steve meme before? Scumbag Steve would complain.

Giyguy

May 3, 2011
something positive? okay, here goes.

well, the most positive thing that I can think of is that I'll save a lot of money. because I won't be buying the Xbone.

*badumfuckingtish*
*mike drop*

I'm out.

Oskuro

Nov 18, 2009
The color scheme makes it look like it was built by the Borg? And Seven-of-Nine is hot?

jackpipsam

SEGA fanboy
Jun 2, 2009
If you get banned, you won't be locked out of your games.

That's something which even Steam can't do.

Giyguy

May 3, 2011
jackpipsam said:
If you get banned, you won't be locked out of your games.

That's something which even Steam can't do.
but why would you be in a situation to be banned in the first place? why would you even try to be close to that situation? the point's nulled.

80sboy

May 23, 2013
I actually like the retro design and wish it looked older. Forget VHS machines back in the late 90s! Give me the shit that ran Betamax in the 70s...lol

Now that's the ticket!

Give me steel, big-ass knobs, and wooden framing. Plus, a none digital clock on the side.

^.^