Scalebound Brings Dragons to Xbox One

Mike Hoffman

In the middle of calibrations...
Sep 25, 2013
Scalebound Brings Dragons to Xbox One

PlatinumGames works with Microsft to bring dragons to Xbox One with Scalebound.

Read Full Article

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Oh hey. Microsoft wants its own Monster Hunter "inspired" game as well.

Also that player character, why am i reminded of DmC Dante?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Dammit Platinum games, bring some of your games to the pc.

lassiie

May 26, 2013
That game looks so awesome...its not like we have ever been misled by an awesome trailer with no gameplay in it....oh wait...

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
Although some will disagree I have to say Platinum has made some decent games overall. The concept alone is a gold mine. From the looks of things we have a modern youth in a fantasy setting. So may not get the typical noble hero. And yes as someone noted the Dante look of the protag is evident. Not bad at all. I'm hoping for combination of Panzer Dragoon and Dynasty Warriors. Some might say that pretty much is Drakengard (or w/e it's called) but I think they could pull it off better. The level of play in Vanquish and Bayonetta was fast and furious.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
Can't say I'm sold on it. Maybe after more info comes out if it has some interesting mechanic, but otherwise I just can't see myself wanting an Xbone for this game. I think the main character is the biggest turn-off. It feels too much like they're trying to re-create Hiccup from How to Train Your Dragon with the way that he banters all the time and seems very high energy, but this guy comes-off as annoying where I could see myself wanting to hang out with Hiccup. The trailer just seemed too much like an 8-year-old's idea of cool.

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Another year, another attempt to make a legitimate Dragon combat game that is probably going to fail.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
WhiteTigerShiro said:
but this guy comes-off as annoying where I could see myself wanting to hang out with Hiccup.
What? I hate Hiccup because I hate the actor's voice. Sounds WAY too nerdy and arrogant. And I'm a nerd here too so that's saying something.

Actually, I just don't like that movie in general.

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
Those other dragons with riders that show up make me hope that that cocky little shit isn't representative of the main player character, because god, I am tired of that archetype.

Platinum makes some good stuff, but I'll have to reserve judgment until I see gameplay... though honestly, I think I can trust them in that regard. Not particularly hyped for this one though.

WhiteTigerShiro

Sep 26, 2008
lassiie said:
That game looks so awesome...its not like we have ever been misled by an awesome trailer with no gameplay in it....oh wait...

[Vid Snipped]
Speak for yourself, I loved Dead Island, and it must have enough of a following for Sony to want exclusives from its sequel.

lassiie

May 26, 2013
WhiteTigerShiro said:
lassiie said:

[Vid Snipped]
Speak for yourself, I loved Dead Island, and it must have enough of a following for Sony to want exclusives from its sequel.
I never said it wasn't a good game. I played through Dead Island and had a great time with it. But that doesn't change the fact the trailer was incredibly misleading when it comes to the tone and content of the game. Dead Island was quite funny to me, and honestly, I couldn't even tell if it was trying to be serious most of the time. I wasn't saying it was a bad game, just talking about how misleading a non-gameplay trailer can be.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Soviet Heavy said:
Another year, another attempt to make a legitimate Dragon combat game that is probably going to fail.
It's one of the most glorious and long running paradoxes in video gaming.
Dragons are fucking awesome. Dragon combat is very awesome.

...But nobody can seem to do it right.

(Well, apart from Panzer Dragoon. Dragon-schmup seems to work well enough. Even Divinity 2 recognized that.)

BloodSquirrel

Jun 23, 2008
Well, I guess Platinum decided that being a dedicated second party to Nintendo wasn't going to end well for them.

This guy looks kind of annoying, but at least it's a step up from Bayonetta.