Scar is the villianiest villian to ever villain up the joint.

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
2HF said:
Just got home from seeing The Lion King in 3D and my opinion is now cemented forever.

Scar is far and away the best villain in a movie ever. The man (lion) is pure evil. Wittier than most villains and he actually delivers on the promise of murder and deceit.

By the way, no villain has ever had a better song in all of recorded history. Just sayin'.

Objections?
Nah, not even close to Frollo from the The Hunchback of Notre Dame. Not even close.
The character actually develops along with the story and the irony is so delicious after the middle part of the movie.

Dirty Apple

Apr 24, 2008
According to AFI's list of all-time movie villains the top 5 are:
5. Nurse Ratched
4. Wicked Witch of the West
3. Darth Vader
2. Norman Bates
1. Dr. Hannibal Lecter

http://www.afi.com/100years/handv.aspx

coolkirb

Jan 28, 2011
Frolo is worse, mostly because he is very realistic in the Hunchback of Notre dame

Tselis

Jul 23, 2011
imahobbit4062 said:
Joker >>> Scar.

Don't get me wrong, The Lion King is a great movie, but people blow the whole "Mufasas death was the saddest thing ever, Scar is SOOOOOOOOOO evil" thing way overboard.
Truth.

EDIT: Algorac, from The Sea Prince and the Fire Child, fucks everything up and only spends 5 minutes in the movie. Now that's a villain. If you don't know what I'm talking about, look it up!

SD-Fiend

Legacy
Nov 24, 2009
Country
United States
dfcrackhead said:
Discord is the best villain ever /thread

EDIT: Also, glad I'm in before the Kanye Pest jokes
well he was more of a god of trolling really

TheIronRuler

Mar 18, 2011
coolkirb said:
Frolo is worse, mostly because he is very realistic in the Hunchback of Notre dame
Frollo is one of those rare villains that have their character develop along with the plot.
The irony surrounding his actions at the second part of the movie is fantastic. His personal struggle as well... I need to watch it again.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Dirty Apple said:
5. Nurse Ratched
3. Darth Vader
2. Norman Bates
1. Dr. Hannibal Lecter

really? Atticus finch is the top hero in the past 100 years. Really? Thats just sad.

EDIT: Im somehow missing how atticus is better then people like Ghandi, T.E.Lawrence, Schindler, Batman, Superman, Andrew Beckett, or Mr. Smith, so I'll just hopefully put an end to this and say its of my opinino that he doesnt deserve to be number one He is certainly A HERO of cinema, but he is hardly THE HERO of the past 100 years in my mind. (EDIT2) however this is an opinion, so if you disagree, kindly do so quietly but dont tell me that Im wrong for an opinion.

Aetera

Jan 19, 2011
2HF said:
Wittier than most villains and he actually delivers on the promise of murder and deceit

no villain has ever had a better song in all of recorded history
I beg to differ, good sir.

Teckdeth

Oct 4, 2010
Even though I've loved Scar, Minister Frolo from The Hunchback of Notre Dame takes it. I mean, he considers himself to be a perfect Christian, who has never sinned even though he mistreats and discriminates against entire cultures and oppresses his people, and over the course of the movie he's driven literally insane and therefore more violent because of sexual fantasies he believes to be sinful.

And again, LOVE Be Prepared, but compared to Hellfire? No contest.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/cmn9iH6bHJc

(Not sure how to embed on Escapist, anyone?)

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
Gentlemen and Gentlewomen your choices are all too obvious in my opinion,

Being a villain or beeing evil is about subtlety, ingenuity, succesfulness and stealth. If everybody knows who you are, you aren't evil. If you're talking about evil as a concept you need to specify, as Mr. Luthor puts it: I don't wash my hands, I'm evil.

Cthulhu is evil, I'm not sure if he does that on purpose because in his concept we are but amoebic cells without any sense of perception. So he probably is quite a nice guy when you are one of his type.

But I stick with him, as the most evil villain that will ever exist, considering that he is dead and still he is quite evil and fiendshly driving us humans to madness and despair, he absolutely outmaneuvers even Ming the Merciless.

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn

bigredlyms

May 25, 2010
Neverhoodian said:
Shivarage said:
imahobbit4062 said:
Joker >>> Scar.

Don't get me wrong, The Lion King is a great movie, but people blow the whole "Mufasas death was the saddest thing ever, Scar is SOOOOOOOOOO evil" thing way overboard.
The Joker doesn't sing >: [

your opinion = crushed xD
Au contraire!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Veju4PxhuGc
(Youtube won't let me embed this)

Scar has a great suave, evil voice, but I think his motives are too cliche. The Joker on the other hand is sheer insanity, which adds an edge of unpredictability.
i thought for sure when i clicked on that video there would also be a link to jokerfish on the side, even though thats not him singing, but i would still assume he wrote the song!

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
crimsonshrouds said:
uh evilest character? i made a thread about this a few weeks ago...

For me, I choose Solf J. Kimblee. He's also known as the Crimson alchemis. He is an explosives expert who usually turns live people into bombs.

"Ah... what a beautiful sound. It doesn't get any better than that. I can feel it deep in my bones, like a part of me I never noticed before. That sound is an extension of my being. And this land - this land that's governed by death - I will paint it red with this shard of destruction."
I'm sorry, but just about any anime villain I've ever seen is just too fond of exposition to really be evil. Kimbley falls right into that trap as well.

leet_x1337 said:
I'm sorry, but Gaston's song is a lot better than Scar's.
Very true, but is Gaston really a villain? Sure he's a douche and would fit right in at any frat party, but he was clearly trying to save Belle from a horrible beast with a violent temper, who had serious psychological issues, and was clearly holding her hostage against her will. I'd say that makes Gaston the tragic hero.

OT: Scar is badass. And ya, his song is pretty much top 2 Disney villain songs ever. I love how he's actually a total puss (hehe) when confronted directly and is only really able to lead from the shadows.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
dfcrackhead said:

Imma let you finish, but Kanye Pest jokes are the funniest jokes of all time. OF ALL TIME!

But seriously, OP, I'm not feeling it.

JaceArveduin

Mar 14, 2011
Neverhoodian said:
[
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Veju4PxhuGc
(Youtube won't let me embed this)

Scar has a great suave, evil voice, but I think his motives are too cliche. The Joker on the other hand is sheer insanity, which adds an edge of unpredictability.
Okay, that scene was pure epicness. My evil person of choice has to be... Calypso from Twisted Metal. He gives them exactly what they desire, just not how the expected it

duktapeman90

Fhqwhgads
Aug 16, 2009
dfcrackhead said:

Discord's an awesome character, but I'd hardly go as far as to call him the best villain ever. Do want to see more of him though.

SaikyoKid

Sep 1, 2011
Scar was a good Disney villain, yes, but he is heavily borrowed from a Shakespearean story already and his song is pretty high up there for a Disney villain.

If we're comparing any villain though, I can say with all honesty that this rendition of Dr. Wily wins it for the best song ever.

Edit: Yay for figuring out how to embed!

Dirty Apple

Apr 24, 2008
emeraldrafael said:
Dirty Apple said:
5. Nurse Ratched
3. Darth Vader
2. Norman Bates
1. Dr. Hannibal Lecter

really? Atticus finch is the top hero in the past 100 years. Really? Thats just sad.
This is just speculation, but I believe he got the honour because he isn't superhuman or an action hero. He was just a normal person doing what he felt was right despite society's disapproval. That sounds pretty heroic to me.

Sandernista

Feb 26, 2009
Dango said:
Lex Luthor is clearly more evil.

BUT DOES HE HAVE ALL THE POWERS OF HELL?

Yea, didn't think so.

As far as disney villains go Maleficent is the most evil. Scar was jealous of his brother, Ursala wanted revenge for exile, Jafar just wants power, and Maleficent wasn't invited to a baby shower.