Scar is the villianiest villian to ever villain up the joint.

2HF

May 24, 2011
Just got home from seeing The Lion King in 3D and my opinion is now cemented forever.

Scar is far and away the best villain in a movie ever. The man (lion) is pure evil. Wittier than most villains and he actually delivers on the promise of murder and deceit.

By the way, no villain has ever had a better song in all of recorded history. Just sayin'.

Objections?

Austichar

Jul 18, 2009
A shining new era for villains was tiptoeing nearer when the writers were working on Scar for that movie.

Shivarage

Apr 9, 2010
imahobbit4062 said:
Joker >>> Scar.

Don't get me wrong, The Lion King is a great movie, but people blow the whole "Mufasas death was the saddest thing ever, Scar is SOOOOOOOOOO evil" thing way overboard.
The Joker doesn't sing >: [

your opinion = crushed xD

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
Discord is the best villain ever /thread

EDIT: Also, glad I'm in before the Kanye Pest jokes

crimsonshrouds

Mar 23, 2009
uh evilest character? i made a thread about this a few weeks ago...

For me, I choose Solf J. Kimblee. He's also known as the Crimson alchemis. He is an explosives expert who usually turns live people into bombs.

"Ah... what a beautiful sound. It doesn't get any better than that. I can feel it deep in my bones, like a part of me I never noticed before. That sound is an extension of my being. And this land - this land that's governed by death - I will paint it red with this shard of destruction."

RedFox742

Apr 22, 2011
Scar is probably the best Disney villain of all time, even though he doesn't actually get the best Disney villain song (that'd be Frollo, of course, with Hellfire being the only highlight in an otherwise forgettable film.)

Best villain overall? I have to say that's a toss-up between Heath Ledger's Joker and Anthony Hopkins' Hannibal Lecter. I think Hans Gruber, Norman Bates, HAL 9000 and Annie Wilkes all deserve mentions, too.

octafish

Apr 23, 2010
Scar is just a cleaned up and Disneyfied version of Richard the Third with less blood on his hands and without the charisma. Hell even Richard isn't as evil and villainous as Iago.

NoeL

May 14, 2011
Isn't Scar pretty much exactly the same as Claudius from Hamlet? I guess he never banged Sarabi (or at least it was never shown), but the whole kill brother -> usurp throne -> get killed by prince thing is lifted straight from Shakespeare.

Does that make Claudius the best villain ever? I guess he never had a horde of goosestepping hyenas...

twistedmic

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 8, 2009
For live action movies, I say that Frank Costello from 'The Departed' beats Scar (Lion King) hands down.

For animated movies/shows Gendo Ikari and Seele from Evangelion and most of the cast of Black Lagoon (Hansel and Gretel specifically) easily beat Scar in terms of being villains.

TheLastSamurai14

Last day of PubClub for me. :'-(
Mar 23, 2011
Dango said:
Lex Luthor is clearly more evil.
Of course he is, he stole 40 cakes. That's as many as four tens. And that's terrible.

Dethenger said:
Lex Luthor is all sorts of diabolical. [http://www.toplessrobot.com/lexluthorcakes.jpg]
Oh...god damn ninjas.

Neverhoodian

Apr 2, 2008
Shivarage said:
imahobbit4062 said:
Joker >>> Scar.

Don't get me wrong, The Lion King is a great movie, but people blow the whole "Mufasas death was the saddest thing ever, Scar is SOOOOOOOOOO evil" thing way overboard.
The Joker doesn't sing >: [

your opinion = crushed xD
Au contraire!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Veju4PxhuGc
(Youtube won't let me embed this)

Scar has a great suave, evil voice, but I think his motives are too cliche. The Joker on the other hand is sheer insanity, which adds an edge of unpredictability.

Taunta

Dec 17, 2010
I agree. I feel like Scar is one of the most successful Disney villains, because his grand master plan actually works...for a few years. Although it would have worked much better if he had actually killed Simba in the gorge instead of trusting his mooks to do it.

Also I don't care what anyone says, Jeremy Irons' voice is straight up sexy. I want him to read me bedtime stories.

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
I wouldn't say Scar is the most evil villain ever, however, he does have the best villain song ever.

Frollo's Hellfire was good, but it didn't have goose stepping Hyenas.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
imahobbit4062 said:
Joker >>> Scar.

Thats funny, I've found the same to be true of people and the joker, especially after heath ledger played him.

.... which isnt a knock at you, just a difference of opinions I guess.

OT: I've found teh crimson king to probably be the most evil villain, but the scariest to me has to be Pennywise. he doesnt need a theme song to be scary.

<url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzoPUHKZTNM>http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20070506230643/uncyclopedia/images/b/b0/Pennywise.jpg
hey there, I got some nice shiny balloons down here. dont you want to see them float?

Get the hell away from me damnit!