Scar is the villianiest villian to ever villain up the joint.

Trivea

Jan 27, 2011
The Lion King is pretty much an animal-ized Hamlet, so I guess you're saying Claudius is the most villainous villain that... yeah. Ever did that thing in your title.

Seriously, though, Disney villains are almost always the most interesting characters in their movies. That's why I was so disappointed in both Tangled and Princess and the Frog... such weak villains for a Disney movie. But I guess if you're strictly talking "villains in kids movies", sure, go for it. But come on. Hans Landa. Really.

Sinspiration

Mar 7, 2010
Neverhoodian said:
Shivarage said:
imahobbit4062 said:
Joker >>> Scar.

Don't get me wrong, The Lion King is a great movie, but people blow the whole "Mufasas death was the saddest thing ever, Scar is SOOOOOOOOOO evil" thing way overboard.
The Joker doesn't sing >: [

your opinion = crushed xD
Au contraire!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Veju4PxhuGc
(Youtube won't let me embed this)

Scar has a great suave, evil voice, but I think his motives are too cliche. The Joker on the other hand is sheer insanity, which adds an edge of unpredictability.
Damnit, beaten to the punch twice, first by Neverhoodian, then by imahobbit4062 XD

"When super-villains want to scare each other, they tell Joker stories." ~ Trickster, Underworld Unleashed

Kpt._Rob

Travelling Mushishi
Apr 22, 2009
Shivarage said:
imahobbit4062 said:
Joker >>> Scar.

Don't get me wrong, The Lion King is a great movie, but people blow the whole "Mufasas death was the saddest thing ever, Scar is SOOOOOOOOOO evil" thing way overboard.

Correction, the joker does sing.

... okay, it won't let me embed it. But my point remains, this is video evidence that the Joker does in fact sing. And hell, not only does he sing, he sings some of my favorite childhood memories.

That said, I don't think either Scar or Joker is the best villain of all time. My vote would be Ozymandias from Watchmen.

WeAreStevo

Sep 22, 2011
Yo Scar I'm really happy for you and Imma let you finish,

But the Nothing from Neverending Story was the best omnipresent evil force of all time.

sir.rutthed

Stormfather take you!
Nov 10, 2009
Slowpool said:
sir.rutthed said:
crimsonshrouds said:
uh evilest character? i made a thread about this a few weeks ago...

For me, I choose Solf J. Kimblee. He's also known as the Crimson alchemis. He is an explosives expert who usually turns live people into bombs.

"Ah... what a beautiful sound. It doesn't get any better than that. I can feel it deep in my bones, like a part of me I never noticed before. That sound is an extension of my being. And this land - this land that's governed by death - I will paint it red with this shard of destruction."
I'm sorry, but just about any anime villain I've ever seen is just too fond of exposition to really be evil. Kimbley falls right into that trap as well.

leet_x1337 said:
I'm sorry, but Gaston's song is a lot better than Scar's.
Very true, but is Gaston really a villain? Sure he's a douche and would fit right in at any frat party, but he was clearly trying to save Belle from a horrible beast with a violent temper, who had serious psychological issues, and was clearly holding her hostage against her will. I'd say that makes Gaston the tragic hero.

OT: Scar is badass. And ya, his song is pretty much top 2 Disney villain songs ever. I love how he's actually a total puss (hehe) when confronted directly and is only really able to lead from the shadows.
Gaston didn't do it to save her- he did it to stroke his own ego and to get into her pants. He had what must have been dozens of other beautiful women tripping over each other to jump his bones, but that one brunette wasn't shallow enough to fall for his shit. He took it as an insult, and he'd be damned if he didn't get her. The fact that she ended up falling for Beast snapped his already fragile mind- what little humanity he had ran off to Aruba.

That's the way I see it. Gaston at the start represents what ever man wanted to be (and I suppose, in that time period, SHOULD be), while Beast is a cursed monster without compassion.
Belle's actions and circumstances bring out Gaston's and Beast's true personalities- the former falls into egotistical madness, while the latter finds the heart he never knew. The man becomes the beast, and the beast becomes the man.

Gaston is not a tragic hero. He's just a dick.
So, let's get this straight then: beautiful woman shoots down the guy who everyone else thinks a charming fellow and falls in with a bad bad dude. The guy who got rejected then goes on to try and boost his self esteem through various methods, only to be made miserable by the memory of his love's rejection. He then finds out that the object of his heart's desire is being held captive and that her life is in danger, so he goes off to rescue her at great danger to himself. In the rescue, the charming fellow is ultimately killed but not before finally freeing his love from the grasp of the kidnapper. She goes on in life to find other love and live happily ever after, but he is cast down and killed; his last action on this earth is his rescue of his lady love.

Ya, he's a real dick.

bojac6

Oct 15, 2009
No, the best villain ever is Emperor Palpatine. No matter how lame the prequels were, he still plotted and executed a multigenerational plan for galactic domination, hid his abilities from the Jedi, and was able to subvert and/corrupt the entire government and Jedi order.

He didn't just succeed in a coup, he won over the hearts and mind of the people and was cheered when he took over.

That's not even counting the really cool fan theory that Palpatine, as a younger man, went around the galaxy impregnating women and then wiping their memories of him. Anakin's virgin birth? Or is he the son of Palpatine and the mother has just had her memories altered. Then, using the prophecy around a virgin birth of a powerful Jedi, he subverts the Jedi Order.

That is a villain.

fulano

Oct 14, 2007
I think any member of the "Brave Companions" mercenary group from the Song of Ice and Fire series has Scar beat in every department. Yes. Every. Department. In fact, if you can think of any kind of bodyly harm being done to a human being, chances are that they have it under their trademark. In fact, they may sue you just for thinking it.

Serge A. Storms

Oct 7, 2009
If we are to go beyond Disney movies, naw, Michael Corleone is a villainy villain. They think the family's falling apart and New York is fair game? Kill all of your enemies at the same time and see if what's left has shit to say about the fam.

pwned123456

Feb 4, 2011
imahobbit4062 said:
Shivarage said:
imahobbit4062 said:
Joker >>> Scar.

He doesn't need to sing to be evil.
totally true and does scar do magic yeah i didnt think so

EvilMaggot

Sep 18, 2008
Aris Khandr said:
Much as I love Scar, Frollo had a far better villain song.
that he wanted sex with Esmeralda? :p atleast thats what i got from the song x) (hmm did i spell it right ?)

Slowpool

Jan 19, 2011
sir.rutthed said:
So, let's get this straight then: beautiful woman shoots down the guy who everyone else thinks a charming fellow and falls in with a bad bad dude. The guy who got rejected then goes on to try and boost his self esteem through various methods, only to be made miserable by the memory of his love's rejection. He then finds out that the object of his heart's desire is being held captive and that her life is in danger, so he goes off to rescue her at great danger to himself. In the rescue, the charming fellow is ultimately killed but not before finally freeing his love from the grasp of the kidnapper. She goes on in life to find other love and live happily ever after, but he is cast down and killed; his last action on this earth is his rescue of his lady love.

Ya, he's a real dick.
Like I said, he doesn't love her. He sees her as a prize, like any one of the hunting trophies he's earned by being a predator (isn't this directly alluded to in the movie?). The Beast even decided to let him live after he had his life in his hands, and Gaston dicks out and stabs him in the back for his mercy. The last thing he did was BETRAY her by trying to kill the one he knows she cares for- because he doesn't love her, and he would rather her suffer than let someone else be with her.

If he did love her, he would not have decided to jump into murder frenzy at first chance. He would have talked to Belle about how she feels about this, instead of ignoring her pleas for peace. And he CERTAINLY wouldn't have backstabbed Beast like he did.

So yeah, he's a dick.

More of a dick than Scar, IMO. Scar at least let Simba live when it would have been easier and safer to finish him off too.

spielberg11

Aug 30, 2010
Sure, Gaston wasn't the brightest villain out there, but he had an awesome song or two, a faithful lackey, a truly evil plan (lock up a girl's dad in the nuthouse until she promises to marry you) and a body that was roughly the size of a barge. Also, look at those muscles, he could beat the crap out of a lion any day.

Also, Hades' smart patter kind of made me warm to him in 'Hercules'.

Torrasque

Aug 6, 2010
Taunta said:
I agree. I feel like Scar is one of the most successful Disney villains, because his grand master plan actually works...for a few years. Although it would have worked much better if he had actually killed Simba in the gorge instead of trusting his mooks to do it.

Also I don't care what anyone says, Jeremy Irons' voice is straight up sexy. I want him to read me bedtime stories.
Scar is definitely one of the more successful Disney villains, but I think that is mostly because everyone around him seems to be extremely gullible and retarded.
But still, his plan works for a while, and he succeeds in fucking everything up.

As for the most villainiest villain ever, I think Dormammu wins that title.
I mean, he is the lord and master of an entire dimension, and out-powers many Marvel characters that are considered to be "HOLY SHIT!" powerful. Makes Dr. Doom look like a child.

Also, Jeremy Irons is fucking win.
Half the reason I watched Eragon, was because he was in it.
But I was really sad when he dies ;_;

Slowpool

Jan 19, 2011
EvilMaggot said:
Aris Khandr said:
Much as I love Scar, Frollo had a far better villain song.
that he wanted sex with Esmeralda? :p atleast thats what i got from the song x) (hmm did i spell it right ?)
Pretty much- he was trying to blame his lust on Esmerelda, claming she's a witch (and for some reason, the only way God could forgive her was if she became Frollo's plaything). His whole character is that he believes he's infallable and the he's compelled to be in control, and when he realizes that Esmerelda has him losing control of his own thoughts the answer must be that she's actively trying to corrupt him. The thing is, when the robed choir shows up and chants "Mea Culpa", it becomes pretty clear that on some level he's aware that he's the cause of his own turmoil. Instead of coming to terms with that, he goes off the deep end (the fire swirls around him and almost seems to pull something away from him into itself) and decides to destroy everyone else.

Damn. I'm going to go watch that movie again.

Thaius

Mar 5, 2008
Yes, Be Prepared is the greatest villain song ever to grace animated musicals. Though Hellfire comes close.

But greatest villain ever? Up there, certainly, but not the cleverest or most evil of them all. Consider Captain Vidal, from Pan's Labyrinth, for most evil. Holy crap that man is the devil...

EDIT: And holy crap dude, Darth Freaking Vader. Never will he be topped. EVER.

Slowpool

Jan 19, 2011
spielberg11 said:
Sure, Gaston wasn't the brightest villain out there, but he had an awesome song or two, a faithful lackey, a truly evil plan (lock up a girl's dad in the nuthouse until she promises to marry you) and a body that was roughly the size of a barge. Also, look at those muscles, he could beat the crap out of a lion any day.

Also, Hades' smart patter kind of made me warm to him in 'Hercules'.
I had forgotten Gaston locked up her dad- that's just rude.

I think Hades' likability stemmed from him being voiced by James Woods. Same thing with Scar and Jeremy Irons.