Scar is the villianiest villian to ever villain up the joint.

Quaxar

Sep 21, 2009
And here I thought we would be talking about the most badass raider of all times.
http://www.popularmechanics.com/cm/popularmechanics/images/8g/battlestar-scar-0608.jpg

No Battlestar Galactica talk then. I am dissappoint.

Mandalore_15

Aug 12, 2009
Is Roy Batty from Blade Runner a villain? I really can't decide, but if he is, he must be the best one of all time. Such a complex and tortured character.

Alduin Silas

Aug 3, 2011
Frollo-Beata Maria
You know I am a righteous man
Of my virtue I am justly proud
(No you are no-ot)
Frollo-Beata Maria
You know I'm so much purer than
The common, vulgar, weak, licentious crowd
(This guy is SUCH a hypocrite.)
Frollo's last verse-Hellfire
Dark fire
Now gypsy, it's your turn
Choose me or
Your pyre
Be mine or you will burn!

I think that small snippet of Hellfire is proof that Frollo was the truly most evil Disney Villian. Outside of Disney, the Daleks. They've been trying to destroy everything for the last 40 years.

Zay-el

Apr 4, 2011
weker said:
Zay-el said:
weker said:
I doubt many people will care as loads of people won't know what anime he is from....
It's still part of general courtesy not to spoil something for everyone. It ain't an anime though, it's actually a french flash-animated cartoon. But whatever, here it goes
*A couple of mins later after slamming his head into his desk

I just wanted the name... the name, if you don't no the name say "I DON' KNOW THE NAME" I can go watch it so you don't have to spoil it for me if you tell me the bloody name...
Your hands exist to type. Use them to ask the question you wish to receive an answer to.

Matt Hancox

Sep 30, 2011
Scar never came across to me as very villainous, I mean he's practically begging for forgiveness by the end.

My personal most villainous villain would be Shere Kahn of Jungle Book fame (NOT Mortal Kombat SHAU Kahn).
I think it's something about the way he acts and speaks, like Hannibal Lector but with claws. Feared throughout the jungle enough that entire wolf pack kicked Mowgli out, purely because the tiger had targeted him.
While Scar would wait until your at your most vaunrable before striking, Kahn is more likely to take you on regardless and toy with you until he's bored, and then kill you.
This is assuming you are a tiger or lion, since as web comic artist whose total battle experience is nothing more than shoving matches with playground bullies, I doubt that Scar would have to wait very long before making his move on me.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
Infernai said:
DO NOT LET THE IMAGE FOOL YOU. Griffith may seem to be a kind, charistmatic and overall chipper guy and perfect leader...but he's completely selfish and downright evil. This is a guy who spent his whole life working towards becoming a king, and he did ANYTHING to get there. He murdered people, sent children to their deaths and wasn't afraid to manipulate others to do his bidding. Eventually, he decides to go one step further after everything starts to fall to pieces by SACRIFICING EVERY SINGLE ONE OF HIS MEN AND LOYAL FOLLOWERS IN ORDER TO BECOME A DEMONIC GOD and raped one of his former lieutenants in front of his best friend (I should also mention said lieutenant was the love interest of said best friend).

Soo....yeah, i think Griffith is probably a more capable villain then Scar. Granted, he's no joker or Luthor but..if you've read/watched Berserk you know this guys an absolute evil bastard. And to those who don't believe me, go look up the last episode of Berserk.
Oddly enough I never really hated Griffith.

Sure he was totally egomaniacal, but almost all the people he had assassinated were just as much trying to kill him for being a commoner who gained the rank of nobility. He just outsmarted them.

And even his ultimate betrayal is somewhat understandable. Horrible, but understandable. The guy is basically reduced to nothing. His face is cut up, his silver tongue is cut out, and he can no longer stand or even hold a sword. He went from being a handsome, charismatic strategic genius with brilliant swordman's skills to a broken, mutilated and mute cripple who will have to be nursed for the rest of his miserable life.

And it's that moment when he realizes this that the Godhand appear; In his most desperate hour of need.

ReservoirAngel

Nov 6, 2010
He's not even the best villain in Disney movies. That honour would go to Judge Claude Frollo, resident religious zealot of English-speaking Paris.

He's definitely a more tragic villain, and more of an arsehole. Sure Scar kills his brother and assumes control of his Kingdom for a decade or so, but beyond that... eh. I like Scar, don't get me wrong. He's one ofmy favourite villains, ever.

But speaking from an impartial standpoint, Frollo just has him outmatched. I mean if you look at Frollo, he: kills an innocent woman, tries to drown her baby son, has Paris pretty much entirely under his control, locks up a deformed guy in a belltower for his entire life and spends time every week emotionally bullying the poor dude, at one point tries to burn down a shitload of buildings to find one single woman, essentially attempts and is somewhat successful in the mass imprisonment of an entire group of people, threatens to kill one woman if she doesn't sleep with him, and then just goes ravingly insane trying to brutally murder two innocent people with a longsword.

Now I would argue that these qualifications make him better than Scar. Also, his villain song is better. Come on, "Be Prepared" is good and all, but "Hellfire" is just the shit!

Scar is, in my eyes, the 2nd best Disney villain. He has points for coolness but loses points when it transpires he is thoroughly inept whenever confronted directly. I mean come on, he actually dies while begging for mercy!

Michael Logan

Oct 19, 2008
sir.rutthed said:
Slowpool said:
sir.rutthed said:
crimsonshrouds said:
uh evilest character? i made a thread about this a few weeks ago...

For me, I choose Solf J. Kimblee. He's also known as the Crimson alchemis. He is an explosives expert who usually turns live people into bombs.

"Ah... what a beautiful sound. It doesn't get any better than that. I can feel it deep in my bones, like a part of me I never noticed before. That sound is an extension of my being. And this land - this land that's governed by death - I will paint it red with this shard of destruction."
I'm sorry, but just about any anime villain I've ever seen is just too fond of exposition to really be evil. Kimbley falls right into that trap as well.

leet_x1337 said:
I'm sorry, but Gaston's song is a lot better than Scar's.
Very true, but is Gaston really a villain? Sure he's a douche and would fit right in at any frat party, but he was clearly trying to save Belle from a horrible beast with a violent temper, who had serious psychological issues, and was clearly holding her hostage against her will. I'd say that makes Gaston the tragic hero.

OT: Scar is badass. And ya, his song is pretty much top 2 Disney villain songs ever. I love how he's actually a total puss (hehe) when confronted directly and is only really able to lead from the shadows.
Gaston didn't do it to save her- he did it to stroke his own ego and to get into her pants. He had what must have been dozens of other beautiful women tripping over each other to jump his bones, but that one brunette wasn't shallow enough to fall for his shit. He took it as an insult, and he'd be damned if he didn't get her. The fact that she ended up falling for Beast snapped his already fragile mind- what little humanity he had ran off to Aruba.

That's the way I see it. Gaston at the start represents what ever man wanted to be (and I suppose, in that time period, SHOULD be), while Beast is a cursed monster without compassion.
Belle's actions and circumstances bring out Gaston's and Beast's true personalities- the former falls into egotistical madness, while the latter finds the heart he never knew. The man becomes the beast, and the beast becomes the man.

Gaston is not a tragic hero. He's just a dick.
So, let's get this straight then: beautiful woman shoots down the guy who everyone else thinks a charming fellow and falls in with a bad bad dude. The guy who got rejected then goes on to try and boost his self esteem through various methods, only to be made miserable by the memory of his love's rejection. He then finds out that the object of his heart's desire is being held captive and that her life is in danger, so he goes off to rescue her at great danger to himself. In the rescue, the charming fellow is ultimately killed but not before finally freeing his love from the grasp of the kidnapper. She goes on in life to find other love and live happily ever after, but he is cast down and killed; his last action on this earth is his rescue of his lady love.

Ya, he's a real dick.
I think you need to watch the movie again because that is not really what happens.

Still I agree he isnt a conventional villian.

OT: I kinda like Jafar.

Crazycat690

Aug 31, 2009
2HF said:
Just got home from seeing The Lion King in 3D and my opinion is now cemented forever.

Scar is far and away the best villain in a movie ever. The man (lion) is pure evil. Wittier than most villains and he actually delivers on the promise of murder and deceit.

By the way, no villain has ever had a better song in all of recorded history. Just sayin'.

Objections?
I say you should take a look at Frollo from the Hunchback of Notre Dame, he has also the superior villian song :)

phantasmalWordsmith

Oct 5, 2010
crimsonshrouds said:

For me, I choose Solf J. Kimblee. He's also known as the Crimson alchemis. He is an explosives expert who usually turns live people into bombs.

"Ah... what a beautiful sound. It doesn't get any better than that. I can feel it deep in my bones, like a part of me I never noticed before. That sound is an extension of my being. And this land - this land that's governed by death - I will paint it red with this shard of destruction."
And let's not forget how he turns up later in the fight with Pride, somehow able to keep his sense of self in a sea of damned souls because "their screams are music to his ears"...Oh and the awesome Pimpin' suit. Definitely my favourite villain/antagonist overall and one of the most evil

As far Disney villains though, I'd say Scar is right up there with Chernabog

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
crimsonshrouds said:

He is also one of the classier with his white fedora and suit.

nerd51075

Jul 18, 2009
octafish said:
Scar is just a cleaned up and Disneyfied version of Richard the Third with less blood on his hands and without the charisma. Hell even Richard isn't as evil and villainous as Iago.
Jerram Fahey said:
Isn't Scar pretty much exactly the same as Claudius from Hamlet? I guess he never banged Sarabi (or at least it was never shown), but the whole kill brother -> usurp throne -> get killed by prince thing is lifted straight from Shakespeare.

Does that make Claudius the best villain ever? I guess he never had a horde of goosestepping hyenas...
I was going to be upset if nobody had yet mentioned Shakespeare's work in this thread. Iago of Othello, in my opinion, is the greatest villain in any work of literature I have ever read, watched, or otherwise consumed. Lady Macbeth was pretty nasty, too, for the first couple acts, anyway.

Also, Ursula from The Little Mermaid is pretty diabolical. She didn't have a very good song, but she used deceit to overthrow King Triton. Especially since she had competent minions.

Indeterminacy

Feb 13, 2011
2HF said:
Scar is far and away the best villain in a movie ever. The man (lion) is pure evil. Wittier than most villains and he actually delivers on the promise of murder and deceit.
Someone hasn't read/watched Sin City [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roark_family].

Frybird

Jan 7, 2008
Indeterminacy said:
2HF said:
Someone hasn't read/watched Sin City [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roark_family].
Or played Killer 7 [http://suda51.wikia.com/wiki/Curtis_Blackburn], for that matter

Aris Khandr

Oct 6, 2010
The Shade said:
You guys are all whack for disagreein' with OP.

Scar is voiced by Jeremy Irons, and therefore wins any competition by default. Doesn't matter what it's for. He wins everything.

Jeremy Irons. Winning.
Really? He wins everything? Are you sure about that?

Sunrider

Add a beat to normality
Nov 16, 2009
Neverhoodian said:
Scar has a great suave, evil voice, but I think his motives are too cliche. The Joker on the other hand is sheer insanity, which adds an edge of unpredictability.
I think it's the other way around. Chaos for the sake of chaos kinda bores me. Without a goal, there is no point. Scar >>>>>>>> Joker.

(Not saying Joker is a bad villain, because he's not.)

Susurrus

Nov 7, 2008
Jerram Fahey said:
Isn't Scar pretty much exactly the same as Claudius from Hamlet? I guess he never banged Sarabi (or at least it was never shown), but the whole kill brother -> usurp throne -> get killed by prince thing is lifted straight from Shakespeare.

Does that make Claudius the best villain ever? I guess he never had a horde of goosestepping hyenas...

Yeah. Lifted from Shakespeare. Coz Shakespeare was the originator of this idea. It never EVER happened in life before this. Shakespeare INVENTED killing your brother to usurp the throne. The jerk.