Scar is the villianiest villian to ever villain up the joint.

MrRetroSpectacles

Mar 6, 2011
Iago from Shakespeare's "Othello" is my personal favourite. He executes his evil schemes under the guise of being honourable and trust worthy, while in reality he's actually dripping poison into ears and turning people into each others villains. His brilliance is such that he rarely gets involved directly in his own plans, he just warps people into losing themselves and watches with spite and glee as they unwittingly destroy themselves.

The cunning and quick thinking of the man also earns him a disturbing amount of respect and even adoration from the audience/ reader, so in essence he's doing to you what he does to the characters, warps your morals and codes. To put it bluntly, he's the Devil personified.

"Demand me nothing: what you know, you know:
From this time forth I never will speak word."

How cold is that?

weker

May 27, 2009
Zay-el said:
Your hands exist to type. Use them to ask the question you wish to receive an answer to.
I guess you don't understand suggestive replies then.

snowfi6916

Nov 22, 2010
I would have to say it's a toss up between the joker and vader. Although after watching the season premiere of FiM, Discord is pretty cool too.

Foxblade618

Apr 27, 2011
2HF said:
Just got home from seeing The Lion King in 3D and my opinion is now cemented forever.

Scar is far and away the best villain in a movie ever. The man (lion) is pure evil. Wittier than most villains and he actually delivers on the promise of murder and deceit.

By the way, no villain has ever had a better song in all of recorded history. Just sayin'.

Objections?
Uh...beg to differ. Also from the same realm (Disney) Professor Rattigan from the Great Mouse Detective is an ultra villain. He is like the Joker of the Disney-verse, and he wasn't killed by a punk ass coward. It took no less than the mouse version of Sherlock f-ing Holmes.

Also, Rattigan was played by THE Vincent Price.

Jan 27, 2011
Scar is a good villain. As in he has a good plan, and nearly pulls it off (if it weren't for those incompetent hyenas), and he plays the part well.

But....the myriad villains of The World Ends With You just take the cake for me. they have a gambit pileup going on, and some of them (especially the "iron maiden" and the "mastermind behind the whole thing") are downright diabolical.

...Oh, and Kerrigan (before Starcraft 2 messed her up). In Brood War, she plays the entire sector for fools, backstabs EVERYBODY, lets one of her biggest enemies LIVE just so he can live with his guilt forever (knowing it'll be torture for him), and then holds off THREE FREAKING FLEETS OF ENEMIES, forcing two to retreat with heavy casualties, and utterly annihilating the third. And then she makes a speech about how she owns the freakin universe. THAT is a villain.

sir.rutthed said:
Very true, but is Gaston really a villain? Sure he's a douche and would fit right in at any frat party, but he was clearly trying to save Belle from a horrible beast with a violent temper, who had serious psychological issues, and was clearly holding her hostage against her will. I'd say that makes Gaston the tragic hero.
So...We're just gonna overlook the fact that he was going to have Belle's dad shipped off to the looney bin, likely forcing her to marry him so she could support herself?

Yeah, tragic hero my ass. Yeah, he's more douchebag than pure villain, but he is FAR from a misguided tragic hero.

Photon987

May 27, 2009
Skull Master, from Mighty Max, was pretty evil.

In fact... Someone went and made a video of quite a few of his evil deeds.

Spoilers for a lot of episodes, and the ending.

Koroviev

Oct 3, 2010
octafish said:
Scar is just a cleaned up and Disneyfied version of Richard the Third with less blood on his hands and without the charisma. Hell even Richard isn't as evil and villainous as Iago.
Now I feel the need to read Richard the Third. As a matter of fact, I think I might already have it...yep! Thank you for the unintentional suggestions.

Staskala

Sep 28, 2010
weker said:
Zay-el said:
Your hands exist to type. Use them to ask the question you wish to receive an answer to.
I guess you don't understand suggestive replies then.
Not like you're missing much, but he's from Wakfu, a terrible French cartoon that got popular because /co/ went on and on about it. You know, just like MLP.
Just kidding (phew), both are alright. I guess.

May 28, 2009
imahobbit4062 said:
Joker >>> Scar.

Don't get me wrong, The Lion King is a great movie, but people blow the whole "Mufasas death was the saddest thing ever, Scar is SOOOOOOOOOO evil" thing way overboard.
I agree the Joker is the villain above all villains, I mean even other villains hate him.

k-ossuburb

Jul 31, 2009
Methinks this should've been limited to Disney movies only, the scope of villains in cinematic history is a very broad one, as such, anything I put down can be disagreed with, so I'll go with an obscure one for funsies and say that "nothing" is the biggest villain in any work of fiction as without anything happening, any conflict, triumph, loss or revelation a story loses all purpose and therefore all meaning.

What do you mean that's a cop-out answer?

Fine! Then I choose The Evil Queen Pulsating, Bloated, Festering, Sweaty, Pus-filled, Malformed, Slug-for-a-Butt.

remnant_phoenix

Apr 4, 2011
2HF said:
Just got home from seeing The Lion King in 3D and my opinion is now cemented forever.

Scar is far and away the best villain in a movie ever. The man (lion) is pure evil. Wittier than most villains and he actually delivers on the promise of murder and deceit.

By the way, no villain has ever had a better song in all of recorded history. Just sayin'.

Objections?
I would have to say that Claudius from Hamlet tops him because (although most people don't realize) The Lion King pretty much IS the story of Hamlet, except that everyone lives happily ever after and only the King and then the Uncle die, as opposed to the original Hamlet where everyone dies.

And since we're talking Shakespeare, I'd place Iago from Othello above Claudius. Claudius at least had a reason for his evil: he wanted the throne. Iago was more of a "watch the world burn" type, which, to me, is more evil.

Nackl of Gilmed

Sep 13, 2010
He was a little too camp to be scary.

"And where do we feature?"
"Just listen to teacher..."

I can never fear a man who would pinch his subordinate's cheek admonishingly.

Certainly a particularly malicious bad guy though. Not many of the classic Disney villains plotted the death of a child with as much gusto.

EDIT: Also, I hope you're happy, OP. Now I have to go watch "Be Prepared" on Youtube. Again.

Hatchet90

Nov 15, 2009
No way, Scar turned into a whiny little ***** by the end of the movie. He proved that he was completely unable to run the land he was ruling. What you need is a villain who is not only evil, but also incredibly smart. Hannibal Lecter is the best villain in movie history. Heck, even Claude Frollo from Hunchback of Notre Dame was more evil, and twice as cunning. All Scar ever did was basically push someone off a cliff.

kaboby

Aug 3, 2010
For some reason I read ''the sexiest villain'' the first two times I looked at that title... I may or may not of really like scar when I was a kid.