Scar is the villianiest villian to ever villain up the joint.

Nostalgia Ripoff

Sep 2, 2009
I disagree. The title of best villain clearly goes to ZE MAJOR!

Keep in mind that he's giving this speech to his army of Vampire Nazis.

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
NightmareLuna said:
dfcrackhead said:
Discord is the best villain ever /thread

EDIT: Also, glad I'm in before the Kanye Pest jokes
Ayup, this man speaks the truth. Anyone who makes it rain chocolate milk from Cotton candy clouds it surely the most evil thing ever... Plus in just a whim he could change everyone into sadistic and heartless ponies! :D
I sense sarcasm, but the chocolate rain and cotton candy clouds is a more long term evil plan, Diabeetus is a serious thing dontchaknow?

Shivarage

Apr 9, 2010
Neverhoodian said:
Shivarage said:
imahobbit4062 said:
Joker >>> Scar.

Don't get me wrong, The Lion King is a great movie, but people blow the whole "Mufasas death was the saddest thing ever, Scar is SOOOOOOOOOO evil" thing way overboard.
The Joker doesn't sing >: [

your opinion = crushed xD
Au contraire!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Veju4PxhuGc
(Youtube won't let me embed this)

Scar has a great suave, evil voice, but I think his motives are too cliche. The Joker on the other hand is sheer insanity, which adds an edge of unpredictability.
Then you must believe Hamlet is cliche' ... despite it being an original shakespeare story :p

Shivarage

Apr 9, 2010
imahobbit4062 said:
Shivarage said:
imahobbit4062 said:
Joker >>> Scar.

Don't get me wrong, The Lion King is a great movie, but people blow the whole "Mufasas death was the saddest thing ever, Scar is SOOOOOOOOOO evil" thing way overboard.

He doesn't need to sing to be evil.
Scar CAN sing and still be the greatest evil : ]

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Dirty Apple said:
emeraldrafael said:
Dirty Apple said:
According to AFI's list of all-time movie villains the top 5 are:
5. Nurse Ratched
4. Wicked Witch of the West
3. Darth Vader
2. Norman Bates
1. Dr. Hannibal Lecter

http://www.afi.com/100years/handv.aspx
really? Atticus finch is the top hero in the past 100 years. Really? Thats just sad.
This is just speculation, but I believe he got the honour because he isn't superhuman or an action hero. He was just a normal person doing what he felt was right despite society's disapproval. That sounds pretty heroic to me.
I can get that, and Im not saying it isnt. But then you can put Oskar Schindler or Juror 8 up there. maybe I just didnt enjoy the novel or the movie, but i understand atticus' character, and it just seems like you could have a better hero up there. Imean, this is 100 YEARS now, and in cinema.

Oh well, opinions and different strokes and such, I just dont think he's the best.

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
2HF said:
Just got home from seeing The Lion King in 3D and my opinion is now cemented forever.

Scar is far and away the best villain in a movie ever. The man (lion) is pure evil. Wittier than most villains and he actually delivers on the promise of murder and deceit.

By the way, no villain has ever had a better song in all of recorded history. Just sayin'.

Objections?
Hamlet's Uncle did the exact same thing first. Plus he managed to kill the Hero.

TOPPED!!!

Madara XIII

Sep 23, 2010
Nostalgia Ripoff said:
I disagree. The title of best villain clearly goes to ZE MAJOR!

Keep in mind that he's giving this speech to his army of Vampire Nazis.
HA!!! Alucard is the greatest Villain of all time

Yes I mean it. Simply analyzing Alucard you do realize that he is nothing more than a Monster subjected to serving the Hellsing family due to him being defeated. He cares not of morality and is willing to justify his ends by any means necessary.

HE IS DRACULA!! He is a freaking Demon! Doesn't matter whose side he is on, but he stands as the greatest villain. He is EVIL INCARNATE

SidingWithTheEnemy

Sep 29, 2011
Slowpool said:
Cthulhu ain't evil bro- since according to the philosophy of the Mythos, good and evil are artificial concepts that humanity made up to get by. Cthulhu is so far above and beyond humanity in cosmic importance that such a thing would seem about as important to him as an ant's food dance would to us. If amorality is evil, then yes he's evil. But he isn't malevolent.

EDIT: ignore- I wasn't paying any attention to what was being said.
You have an good point but I don't think it's about what Mr. Cthulhu thinks about us little useless amoebic lives, it's about our meager and insignificant perception of what Mr. Cthulhu does to us. That is according to my standards more evil than everything else said in this thread combined...
But you can of course disqualify him for not being a Disney character or not being voiced by Jeremy Irons, or because you simply don't know him. And while the first two are just -well- akward excuses the latter is just plainly wrong, because evil you don't know, or even begin to fathom is far more evil than some ranting villain telling you that he actually is evil while singing dancing or simply murdering people.

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
IMO, Majora is the best villain.

He made Ganon look like a chump.

He activly tortured, and spread panic, dropped a moon on a town, and see's it all as a game.

Dirty Apple

Apr 24, 2008
emeraldrafael said:
I can get that, and Im not saying it isnt. But then you can put Oskar Schindler or Juror 8 up there. maybe I just didnt enjoy the novel or the movie, but i understand atticus' character, and it just seems like you could have a better hero up there. Imean, this is 100 YEARS now, and in cinema.

Oh well, opinions and different strokes and such, I just dont think he's the best.
I respect what you are saying and the manner in which you did it. Civil discourse on the net is a rarity, and it's always a pleasure to discover it. Carry on my good man.

Dirty Apple

Apr 24, 2008
Father Time said:
Dirty Apple said:
According to AFI's list of all-time movie villains the top 5 are:
5. Nurse Ratched
4. Wicked Witch of the West
3. Darth Vader
2. Norman Bates
1. Dr. Hannibal Lecter
I haven't seen the sequels but Hannibal Lecter is not the villain in Silence of the Lambs.

He helps the protagonist catch the bad guy. That automatically makes him not the villain.
"You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."

Would he be a hero in your estimation? He's a malicious, cold-hearted murderer. He routinely eats his victims and manipulates people into killing themselves because he finds them offensive. I would say he's the essence of villainy.

Slowpool

Jan 19, 2011
SidingWithTheEnemy said:
Slowpool said:
Cthulhu ain't evil bro- since according to the philosophy of the Mythos, good and evil are artificial concepts that humanity made up to get by. Cthulhu is so far above and beyond humanity in cosmic importance that such a thing would seem about as important to him as an ant's food dance would to us. If amorality is evil, then yes he's evil. But he isn't malevolent.

EDIT: ignore- I wasn't paying any attention to what was being said.
You have an good point but I don't think it's about what Mr. Cthulhu thinks about us little useless amoebic lives, it's about our meager and insignificant perception of what Mr. Cthulhu does to us. That is according to my standards more evil than everything else said in this thread combined...
But you can of course disqualify him for not being a Disney character or not being voiced by Jeremy Irons, or because you simply don't know him. And while the first two are just -well- akward excuses the latter is just plainly wrong, because evil you don't know, or even begin to fathom is far more evil than some ranting villain telling you that he actually is evil while singing dancing or simply murdering people.
But he doesn't sing. And if anyone could voice him, it would be Jeremy Irons.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
emeraldrafael said:
really? Atticus finch is the top hero in the past 100 years. Really? Thats just sad.
You dont have to have muscles to be a hero :p The guy is pretty awesome.

I would disagree with the OP Scar is just a complete failure when he does get in control.
Jon Irenicus is the best villain of all time. OF ALL TIME :p

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
xXxJessicaxXx said:
emeraldrafael said:

And again, I'll direct you to my reasoning <url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.315564-Scar-is-the-villianiest-villian-to-ever-villain-up-the-joint?page=5#12823641>here., because physical strength has nothing to do with it. And already Atticus is an exceptional human being, as he's shown to have a sniper's precision with a gun. Its not that he shouldnt be a hero, but there are people on that same list, who do the same that he is heralded as a hero for. Im not saying he shouldnt be a hero, or event hat he shouldnt be in the top 25.

I just dont think that, in the same company of people he is in, he should be number one. I think that, largely, if the story had not been based upon the author's life and wasnt autobiographical in subject or if atticus had not had children, he wouldnt the hero he is, and this gets more credit then it does reserve just because it writes about race from a child's view in the deep south where race wasnt the issue it is today. Besides, ultimately he does betray what makes him so great when he simply accepts the death of someone, rather then being the moral upstanding man we're supposed to believe him to be.

I dont know, like i said in my post I linked to, I just dont think he should be number one. perhaps i didnt see the story for all that it was worth because it was jus atrocious to read, or i didnt enjoy the movie cause that was even more atrocious to watch, but i do understand the importance of it in the literature world and the characters. But when you put a fictional character such as atticus against the nonfictional Oskar Schlinder, Erin Brockovich, and Ghandi, or even against other fictional characters, such as Juror 8, Robin Hood, or probably the best comparison in form of fake character inspired by fictin Andrew Beckett, he just doesnt hold up as number one.

Where i would put him, i dont know, thats a lot more thought and reviewing of movies/literature then I really have time for, but he would most likely be in the the top 25, possibly the top 20, and maybe break the grounds of the top 15 for sure, and if not any of those, at least the top 40 (if you want to go by the music industry's way of ranking). Just IMHO, I dont tihnk he should be number one when faced with the competition he is.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
emeraldrafael said:
xXxJessicaxXx said:
emeraldrafael said:

And again, I'll direct you to my reasoning <url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.315564-Scar-is-the-villianiest-villian-to-ever-villain-up-the-joint?page=5#12823641>here., because physical strength has nothing to do with it. And already Atticus is an exceptional human being, as he's shown to have a sniper's precision with a gun. Its not that he shouldnt be a hero, but there are people on that same list, who do the same that he is heralded as a hero for. Im not saying he shouldnt be a hero, or event hat he shouldnt be in the top 25.

I just dont think that, in the same company of people he is in, he should be number one. I think that, largely, if the story had not been based upon the author's life and wasnt autobiographical in subject or if atticus had not had children, he wouldnt the hero he is, and this gets more credit then it does reserve just because it writes about race from a child's view in the deep south where race wasnt the issue it is today. Besides, ultimately he does betray what makes him so great when he simply accepts the death of someone, rather then being the moral upstanding man we're supposed to believe him to be.

I dont know, like i said in my post I linked to, I just dont think he should be number one. perhaps i didnt see the story for all that it was worth because it was jus atrocious to read, or i didnt enjoy the movie cause that was even more atrocious to watch, but i do understand the importance of it in the literature world and the characters. But when you put a fictional character such as atticus against the nonfictional Oskar Schlinder, Erin Brockovich, and Ghandi, or even against other fictional characters, such as Juror 8, Robin Hood, or probably the best comparison in form of fake character inspired by fictin Andrew Beckett, he just doesnt hold up as number one.

Where i would put him, i dont know, thats a lot more thought and reviewing of movies/literature then I really have time for, but he would most likely be in the the top 25, possibly the top 20, and maybe break the grounds of the top 15 for sure, and if not any of those, at least the top 40 (if you want to go by the music industry's way of ranking). Just IMHO, I dont tihnk he should be number one when faced with the competition he is.
Im sorry but firstly, in my opinion, if you think To Kill a Mockingbird is badly written you have really bad taste in literature. He doesn't simply accept the death of someone at any point he argues with the sheriff if you are talking about the very end of the book. If I remember correctly.

Sorry to burst your bubble but the real Robin Hood was a pretty brutal guy.

I think he is a great hero becuase he is an ordinary guy in adverse circumstances who does everything he can, within his principles, to help someone. If you were looking for a counterpoint you might say that he put his moral crusade above his childrens safety but even then he also taught them an important lesson about sticking to your principles.

I think he was perhaps chosen because he was a great father and a good man. Everyone looks up at their father as their hero at some point in thier life even if that is later shattered.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Ah, damn, didnt mean to quote, just to edit.

Look, im not going to argue this, I just dont think he should be. and yes, he does accept the fact, rather then continue to argue for hwat is right. he betrays his own morals.

As to robin hood, no shit. Atticus put down a fucking dog (admittedly, had rabies, but eh), so he's not some shining beacon of light either. Heroes do something they dont want to do all in the idea of justification. I would justify Robin Hoods actions as he was portrayed in the movie (to which Im holding him up to as thats what this list is bsed on).

Also, there are other ordinary guys put in adverse situations on that list. In the end, ghandi was an ordinary guy. Schlinder was an ordinary guy. Andrew beckett was an rdinary guy with the extreme misfortune of having AIDS. Just becaust Atticus challenged Race in the deep south doesnt put him above them. And being a father shouldnt mean anything either.

Like i said, i dont find him to be number one. he's a hero, but in terms of the rest of that list, he is not number one. He saved no life, he betrayed the very aspect that makes him great, and he learns nothing. His propped up and made great through the hero worship of a child who later grew up and wrote the story (despite Atticus not being based on Harpers real father). its a biased view and basing.

and yes, i do find it poorly written. doesnt make it a bad book, just a poorly written one.

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
Shivarage said:
imahobbit4062 said:
Joker >>> Scar.

The Killing Joke. He sings in it. And with good lyrics an' all.

Atmos Duality

Mar 3, 2010
Among the Disney villains: No, that would be Maleficent.
The entire plot started because she was merely SPITEFUL FOR NOT GETTING AN INVITATION TO A CHRISTENING.

Plus, she turns into a dragon.
Hawt.