Scar is the villianiest villian to ever villain up the joint.

Axolotl

Feb 17, 2008
The most evil villan ever in all fiction is Judge Holden from Blood Meridian.

For people who haven't read the book here's a few things the Juge does for fun: Rape, murder, slavery, genocide, paedophila and that's just scratching the surface. At one point he buys some puppies just so he can go and drown them.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Dirty Apple said:
http://www.afi.com/100years/handv.aspx
Anyone else think it's slightly creepy that the Joker is opposite to Zorro which was the film Batman watched with his parents before they were shot...

2HF

May 24, 2011
Sniperyeti said:
My only objection is WTF YOU HADN'T SEEN THE LION KING BEFORE NOW?

Edit: rethinking that, I have to say Jafar is sort of more strait up evil. The fact that a disney character came out with the line 'you'd be surprised how much pain you can live through' cracks me up to this day.
Of course I had. I had held this opinion for a very long time, since I was a child. After watching the movie again, now as an adult, I still believe Scar is the awesomestest villain ever. With the Joker at second place.

Owen Robertson

Jul 26, 2011
I'm too lazy to scan through all 6 pages of comments, but I assume at least one of you knows that The Lion King is Hamlet. Therefore, Scar is the second most evil, first being the original recorded murderous uncle: Claudius.

Kimarous

Sep 23, 2009
Pssh. Scar? How about a REAL villain?

Let's see... what did Scar do? Well, he attempts to kill his nephew via underlings, commits fratricide with major help from underlings, drives off his nephew via underlings, somehow get the land devastated due to ineptitude, grumbles when people call him out on his inepitude, cowers to Simba when his rule starts crumbling, resorts to dirty tactics in his final battle and still loses, and gets eaten by his underlings after trying to pass off the blame to them.

So yeah... aside from underling management and one timely shove, what exactly did he DO?

Percival C. McLeach, now? Well, he's been poaching for years (long enough to become a wanted man), caused the death of an endangered species eagle, threatens his goanna partner with death multiple times, kidnaps a young boy, deceives authorities into believing crocs had eaten him, tortures said boy for information, tricks him into leading him to the endangered eagle's mate, captures said eagle with some kind of military-grade net missile fired from his (for lack of a better term) tank, sends his goanna to consume the endangered eagle's eggs for no reason other than being a douche, attempts to actually feed the kid to crocs (including shooting the rope holding the kid over the crocs) in order to tie up loose ends, beats away multiple crocs with his rifle after being knocked into the water himself, and ultimately falls to his (presumed) death over a waterfall immediately afterwards.

Now THAT is a villain!

(Criminally underrated, "Rescuers Down Under" is.)

Lilani

Sometimes known as CaitieLou
May 27, 2009
Kimarous said:
Words cannot describe how happy this post makes me feel. Just...so, so happy :3

Though you have to admit, Treasure Planet is another underrated and forgotten gem of Disney's.

Slitzkin

Jul 3, 2011
Sure, there are plenty of villainy villains out there, but how many are funky?
Ladie and gentlemen I present to you, the funkiest villain of all time Oogie Boogie!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw0aoVpFCDw

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
Aris Khandr said:
The Shade said:
You guys are all whack for disagreein' with OP.

Scar is voiced by Jeremy Irons, and therefore wins any competition by default. Doesn't matter what it's for. He wins everything.

Jeremy Irons. Winning.
Really? He wins everything? Are you sure about that?

>.>
damn ....

you went there ?!

o.o;;

NoeL

May 14, 2011
Susurrus said:
Jerram Fahey said:
Isn't Scar pretty much exactly the same as Claudius from Hamlet? I guess he never banged Sarabi (or at least it was never shown), but the whole kill brother -> usurp throne -> get killed by prince thing is lifted straight from Shakespeare.

Does that make Claudius the best villain ever? I guess he never had a horde of goosestepping hyenas...

Yeah. Lifted from Shakespeare. Coz Shakespeare was the originator of this idea. It never EVER happened in life before this. Shakespeare INVENTED killing your brother to usurp the throne. The jerk.
You missed the "get killed by prince" part. While Shakespeare may or may not have been the first to use it as a plot device, he was the one that "popularised" it. It was his works that influenced modern storytelling, rather than actual revenges or earlier similar tales (not that they didn't exist).